Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK]How to disable shield dok- the guide.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sirlagsalot

Re: [DOK]How to disable shield dok- the guide.

Post#21 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 pm

uanaka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:11 pm
Martingale wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:09 pm
Sirlagsalot wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:07 pm also melee heals dok just got a massive nerf to the actual amount of healing they can do from lifetaps............in perfect world (no toughness/armour mitigation) the changes are a buff but we dont live in that world even pve its a nerf........
These were my thoughts too. As you said in a perfect world we would be free to hit healers/rdps, but sometimes depending on the situation we have no choice but to hit tanks/mdps. In such cases lifetaps took a big hit from reducing the base heal.
Just curious, but have you had a chance to test it out?

If so what gear and stats were you using?
Useing 7 set warlord 2 set sentinal bloodlord main hand forunner sheild 2set genisis full weaponskill talied with rp in weaponskill an melee crit (54% armour pen) 800str 270melee power 633 weaponskill
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

Ads
Sirlagsalot

Post#22 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:14 pm

hippyia wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:40 pm
Sirlagsalot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm
uanaka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Just curious, but have you had a chance to test it out?

If so what gear and stats were you using?
If you must know i am useing 7 set warlord 2 set sentinal with 2 set genisis blood lord weapon and the forerunner shield 720str 260meleepower 675 weapon skill (57% armour pen)
Provide a screenshot of 260mp please
sure as soon as work this forums infernal image posting functions out.........dose .getstat image work for you?
tho i run above in mode where i need ap other wise i run
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

poonkys

Post#23 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:19 am

the fact that you need those kind of strats to bring it down just tells you how crazy the spec is. it's not just a healer , it's a dps that heals..... if it was doing very little danage your logic would be ok but it's not , it still outputs a crazy amount of damage (no burst though) with very little downtime, so dps should be able to bring it down if played well..... good luck though.

Beara

Post#24 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:59 am

This thread makes me lol. Keeping them out of melee range is definitely one of the strategies. 1 RDPS that's good at kiting can win against a DoK. You don't need 2 people. In fact having anyone within melee distance of the shield DoK/WP makes them harder to kill. Especially if they're smart enough to detaunt the rdps they can't reach.
Lifetaps didn't take a big hit by reducing the base heal, as there is still a base heal in the form of 85% of skill damage(Meaning this skill now increases potency with strength). Then you get the lifetap of 50% as you normally would. Read your tooltips kiddos. Learn to play your class.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Telen
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:40 am

Having seen some of the damage and heals this spec puts out I can’t wait for AM/Shaman hybrid spec

raistomen

Post#26 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:31 pm

if only it wasnt such a glass cannon