Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Warband build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eilhander

[Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Warband build

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:47 am

Hello everyone, this don't prettend to be a "play like this or be a noob" guide, this guide is written to help newbie Blackguards to understand better the basics of their class and basics gameplay of Blackguard. BG is a very verstatile tank open for many talent and gears builds and each BG trend to personalize it's class and gameplay according to their guild and player tastes, so please don't take this as "Law".

Differences with snb Blackguard:

Unless like other tanks BG is not able to play hibryd builds, instead we shall focus on full tank or full offtank, this means it's not possible to play 2h BG with Invader/vanq set to be super tanky while be able to use 2h only skills. This mean you lack of many survival stats/gear and you shall try to hide behind snb tanks or play as a flanker support tank, 2H BG should focus on crit chance over any other stat since all your chances to spread the wounds debuff works around your crit chance.

How to debuff:

Keep always in mind that all your debuffs are “Hex” that means only wp and am are able to clean em, when you are gonna focus a target and start to debuff him remember the order you apply your debuffs is the same order it will be removed by a cleanse, this allow us to hide our most important/dangerous buffs behind other less annoying or easier to reapply.

Other Black guard guides:
Main tasks:
  • Be vocal
  • Flanker & Second line
  • Bodyguard of utility players/Dps
  • Slowing the enemy down
  • Debuff priority targets
  • Crit chance buffer (with Crimson Death)
Tactics:
  • Filled with Fury - Increase crit chance by 15% every time you use a skill that uses hatred
  • Rugged - Increase Toughness up to 160
  • Hastened Doom - Wounds debuff whenever you crit hit a target
  • Anger dives me - +3% parry for each 10 Hatred points

Main skills:
  • Wave of Scorn - Best AOE- Slow in game (Undefendable Debuff)(get to the range, IC-Dumies) [Wide cone]
  • Furious Howl - Debuffs Melee defenses (block/parry) [Aoe centered on yourself]
  • Crimson death - Use it a lot, this skills spread a 10% to be crit debuff which means it's like raising all your wb crit chance on those targes by 10% (One of the strongest debuffs in game) [Wide cone]
  • Murerous Wrath - Aoe dmg skill, this skill is your main source to spread wounds debuff and your main way to help with dps. [180º arc]
  • Challenge - Debuffs enemy DMG dealt except to yourself.
  • Dark Protector - It is Part of your class mechanic, it is Working outside of grp/wb. I recommend reading the Skill in Game and remember it has a range of 50 feet (not 30ft like guard)
  • Guard - No futher explanation needed

Special Mentions:
  • Driven by Hate - Sometimes you need more AP
  • Crush the Weak - ST crit chance debuff, use it on DPS to reduce their damage output or on healers to reduce their healing crit chance
  • Enraged beating - Main hate builder skill and usefull for single target dps, use it always after using a hatred based skill to guarantee higest crit chance possible.
  • Shatter Enchantment - A very usefull skill that allow us to remove buffs of the grp "Echantment" for our target (pretty handy against slayers' rampage - buffhead ID: 1459)

Interrupting Channels skill:
  • Taunt
  • Crushing Anger (also drains ap, excelent against healers)
  • Malignat Strike - 2h Knockdown 3 sec duration.

Morales:

1º) Banish Weakness

2º) Distracting Below

3º) Armor of Eternal Servitude (for extra surival) or Raze (to help with morale bomb)

4º) Inmaculate Defense

Playstyle:

Try to stick on your guarded target mainly (HUG HIM!!!) Be ready to cast wave of scorn slow on demand and if needed switch your dark protector to a focused friend. Also you should Guard the DPS while using your DP on a melee dps or if you need fast hatred build on a snb tank.
Wave of Scorn is basically a setup skill for fights and denies against flanking or approaching of the enemy deathball, it's the best cc in game which allow us to control enemy wb movements.
(pls called it, so warband knows, the enemy is slowed and where he is slowed so we can coordinate it with other cc if needed)
Crimson death must be used always you can it's low duration/cooldown and also do a high amount of damage.

Talent build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 11,913,897

Written by Talossar

Special thanks to all those order players that has been "killed by" and "killed" me. And to Pain and Pleasure guild & Ocara for their warbands and feedback while testing every build and mechanic of my Blackguard to be able to write this guide :D
Last edited by Eilhander on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Ads
Noan

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Warband build

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:25 am

Great guide! What gear would you recommend for wb and sc play?

Eilhander

Post#3 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 am

Noan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:25 am Great guide! What gear would you recommend for wb and sc play?
Personally I like to go with full Bloodlord set + Titan's Glaive of Anathema + Bloodmoon Dark Band + Rough Gunbad Ruby + Genesis Remant&Fragment of the Warrior. But there are other viable gear builds like oppressor/bloodlord combination and now with the sov gear even more options to get your optimal gear.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

convexte

Post#4 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 am

Good guide, but i think wb tank must be more resilent, so i prefer build like this with like 1k toughness buffed and with more mobility cause juggernaut tactic.

And, one of the main tasks is punting enemy leaders and tanks to Africa.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 97,916,899

Your wounds debuff is not really needed in wb cause chosens doing it 24/7.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Eilhander

Post#5 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:10 am

convexte wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 am Good guide, but i think wb tank must be more resilent, so i prefer build like this with like 1k toughness buffed and with more mobility cause juggernaut tactic.

And, one of the main tasks is punting enemy leaders and tanks to Africa.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 97,916,899

Your wounds debuff is not really needed in wb cause chosens doing it 24/7.
The wound debuff stacks with the chosen one and BG wounds debuff is stronger, also thougness has a dismissing return cap at 800 so running with 1k thougness it's not worth. Using the punt is very subjetive and that's depends alot of your warband compostion and strategies.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

jhwieser

Post#6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Nice guide for new players. I'm an 81 2H BG myself and mostly use a similar build, though some differences. I have a few questions for a fellow BG:

1. For 6v6, do you find Banish Weakness worth it over Demolishing Strike?
2. Also for 6v6, would you consider swapping something out for Soul Killer? I feel SK is really great in 6v6 but I'm not sure what to drop for it.
3. How would you modify your mastery tree is you have the +2 from Sov?

Thanks!
84 BG
4x IB

Eilhander

Post#7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:23 pm

jhwieser wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:19 pm Nice guide for new players. I'm an 81 2H BG myself and mostly use a similar build, though some differences. I have a few questions for a fellow BG:

1. For 6v6, do you find Banish Weakness worth it over Demolishing Strike?
2. Also for 6v6, would you consider swapping something out for Soul Killer? I feel SK is really great in 6v6 but I'm not sure what to drop for it.
3. How would you modify your mastery tree is you have the +2 from Sov?

Thanks!
For 6v6 questions I recommend you to check my Scenario/6v6 guide hope that will answer your questions about which to swap for SK tactic. The mastery tree for 2h with the +2 from sov set I think is not a big deal after all and what I have currently in mind is to increase the path of malice to max the dmg from those skills.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

TreefAM

Post#8 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Dropping hastened doom for terrifying foe makes you a bit useless in a warband though, aand you don't want to waste gcd on hatefulstrike over murderous wrath.
I used to play with 820 toughness on my bg, but lowered it to 780, gonna drop it by another 70 pretty soon in favour of dmg.
If you want to be a tanky blackguard, you can safely stay at 700toughness, 800str, 900wounds and over 4k armour, you are still going to be hard to kill and be able to apply your buffs/debuffs.

Ads
jtj5002

Post#9 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Which factions t4 epic quest gives the parry proc 2h weapon?
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Eilhander

Post#10 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:05 pm

jtj5002 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm Which factions t4 epic quest gives the parry proc 2h weapon?
That's from BB/BE dungeons influence and it's called Memory of Kalanganos.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure