Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Begginer SnB build - Warband build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eilhander

[Black Guard] Begginer SnB build - Warband build

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:39 am

Hello everyone, this don't prettend to be a "play like this or be a noob" guide, this guide is written to help newbie Blackguards to understand better the basics of their class and basics gameplay of Blackguard. BG is a very verstatile tank open for many talent and gears builds and each BG trend to personalize it's class and gameplay according to their guild and player tastes, so please don't take this as "Law".

How to debuff:

Keep always in mind that all your debuffs are “Hex” that means only wp and am are able to clean em, when you are gonna focus a target and start to debuff him remember the order you apply your debuffs is the same order it will be removed by a cleanse, this allow us to hide our most important/dangerous buffs behind other less annoying or easier to reapply.

Other Black guard guides:
Main tasks:
  • Be vocal
  • Frontliner
  • Bodyguard of utility players
  • Slowing the enemy down
  • Debuff priority targets
Tactics:
  • Shielded by Hate - Up to 10% Block
  • Anger drives Me - Up to 30% Parry
  • Shielding Anger - Up to 30% Disrupt
  • Rugged - Extra 160 Toughness

Main skills:
  • Wave of Scorn - Best AOE- Slow in game (Undefendable Debuff)
  • Furious Howl - Debuffs Melee defenses
  • Hold the Line - Use it a lot, if you got Endless Pursuit to keep your AP up and to have your MS buff up.
  • Challenge - Debuffs enemy DMG dealt except to yourself.
  • Dark Protector - It is Part of your class mechanic, it is Working outside of grp/wb. I recommend reading the Skill in Game and remember it has a range of 50 feet (not 30ft like guard)
  • Guard - Obviously

Secondary Skills:
  • Anything in base tool kit with Dark Protector Relations

Special Mentions:
  • Force of Fury -Armor buff stacks with everything and you your chance to be critted is reduced by up to 45% and incoming damage to by a max of 6%. Very good panic button for you and your Dark Protector.
  • Driven by Hate - Sometimes you need more AP
  • Crush the Weak - ST crit chance debuff, use it on DPS to reduce their damage output or on healers to reduce their healing crit chance
  • Exile -Nice for kicking people in our death ball/kick out of guard range an enemy tank
  • Shatter Enchantment - A very usefull skill that allow us to remove buffs of the grp "Echantment" for our target (pretty handy against slayers' rampage - buffhead ID: 1459)
Interrupting Channels skill:
  • Taunt
  • Crushing Anger (also drains ap, excelent against healers)
  • Spiteful Slam - Best knockdown in game (5sec duration if cast with 90+ hate)

Playstyle:

Try to stick on your guarded target mainly (HUG HIM!!!) Be ready to cast wave of scorn slow on demand and if needed switch your dark protector to a focused friend. Also you should Guard the DPS (melee dps are prefered over ranged due to the buffs given by “dark protector”).
Wave of Scorn is basically a setup skill for fights and denies against flanking or approaching of the enemy deathball, it's the best cc in game which allow us to control enemy wb movements.
(pls called it, so warband knows, the enemy is slowed and where he is slowed so we can coordinate it with other cc if needed)
For gap Closing/Chasing you should wait for your MS proc.

Talent build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 7,9920,897

In Stalemates:

You are tanky and mobil. Sometimes you can kd/st snare someone and then punt him in our death ball. Sometimes you make people(mostly Pugs) angry with that kind of moves and they start doing stupid things like pushing in our death ball or at least into Wave of Scorn range.

Written by Taobaibai and Talossar

Special thanks to all those order players that has been "killed by" and "killed" me. And to Pain and Pleasure guild & Ocara for their warbands and feedback while testing every build and mechanic of my Blackguard to be able to write this guide :D
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Ads
Foverskov

Re: [Black Guard] Begginer SnB build - Warband build

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Pretty good guide, but i'm wondering how would you gear a SnB BG? like what stats do you wanna go for?

TreefAM

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Chance to not get crit, block, parry, deft defender, wounds and toughness.
As a snb tank you never want to be under 10k hp, if you use the block tactic (which you should) at full hatred with non shall pass channeling you'll be easily 80-90% block (get the back item from the BFP lair boss, its the best thing b4 you get sov cloak)
If you're using the disrupt tactic (usefuldepends on what you're doing right now as a tank) and with hold the line your disrupt will skyrocket to similar as block heights.
Same goes for the parry tactic, easy 60%+ parry.
Toughness you should try getting to about 800 so it gets boosted by the chosen aura to 900+ and you're golden.

Eilhander

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Foverskov wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:33 pm Pretty good guide, but i'm wondering how would you gear a SnB BG? like what stats do you wanna go for?
Futile strikes until you hi 0% chance to be crit, Defender IV, Deft Defender IV, Reflexes IV, Vit/Toughness for the points left after that. About gear a good pre sov gear is 5 Invader/3 Vanquisher and for a fresh 40 full Conqueror is a very good set.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Foverskov

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Eilhander wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm
Foverskov wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:33 pm Pretty good guide, but i'm wondering how would you gear a SnB BG? like what stats do you wanna go for?
Futile strikes until you hi 0% chance to be crit, Defender IV, Deft Defender IV, Reflexes IV, Vit/Toughness for the points left after that. About gear a good pre sov gear is 5 Invader/3 Vanquisher and for a fresh 40 full Conqueror is a very good set.
Thanks, I was wondering about Talismans aswell, is there anything particular you wanna hit Vit/Toughness wise or is it like TreefAM stated that you want 800+ Toughtness and around 10k HP, I just see many many BG's having full Strength even SnB, haven't seen many with Armor/Toughness/Vit

Eilhander

Post#6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 am

Foverskov wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 pm
Eilhander wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm
Thanks, I was wondering about Talismans aswell, is there anything particular you wanna hit Vit/Toughness wise or is it like TreefAM stated that you want 800+ Toughtness and around 10k HP, I just see many many BG's having full Strength even SnB, haven't seen many with Armor/Toughness/Vit
TreeAM gave you a very good advice about stats, around 10k hp 800 toughness 4k+ armor and you are ok :)
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

blasras

Post#7 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:46 pm

The question is, when would a wb want this tanky tank over other tanky tanks? Or you're supposed to switch from this spec to the others depending on the situation and content? I rarely see a high level bg with a shield in IC, but the extra parry/block/disrrupt seem too juicy to ignore.

Rumpel

Post#8 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:21 pm

How about Terrifying Foe tactic? With it I reach toughnes cap and since toughnes improvements, isn't it better than Shielding Anger tactic?

And I have a problem with low resistances. All in all BG feels like it has a big lag in mostly all stats. Also high chance to be crittet, low block rates ect. . That's why I thought its strength mostly is capping toughnes.

And is Feeding on Weaknes toughnes buff stacking with pot?

This class is so confusing me. 😁 Don't know what it Is build around. What is it best known for compared to other tanks?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#9 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:39 pm

I have enjoyed Terrifying Foe as of late. With about 600ish base toughness, and max Hate, Feeding on Weekness > TF puts me around 1070. This allows me to ignore any toughness talisman or rr, and the survival is quite good. My Shield of Rage absorbs about 750 (7 points in Anguish), and I can drag out idiots focusing me quite a while.*

*non competitive player, usually solo or chasing my silly guard way out of group range; invader gear.

Edit: On toughness stacking, and this is true for all stats (armor, resists, stats), you only get one external bonus. So for toughness, you get your stats + tactic, gear, & talis, then which ever is greater, Feeding on Weekness, or if your have a toughness buff from a party member like chosen aura, or toughness pot. You will ONLY get the better one of those, they do not stack. Terrifying Foe comes from your tactics, and so is classified as an internal buff and will multiply (pot/chosen aura/TF...). Debuffs work similarly: if you have 4k armor and a WL Forced Opportunity on you for -1400 armor, then another one does -1000, this is only a -1400 loss of armor, not -2400. Though it does feel like it.

I hope this is clear.

Edit 2: I have often heard that BG snb tanks are very greedy, as all their buffs pretty much only apply to themselves. What BG is best known for is being just another guard, even 2h can stack parry and guard well. Oh, and max hate super punts. Everyone loves those.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Rumpel

Post#10 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks! So no need for ToW with tough pot.

Max punt ❤ Was thinking about making a vid only with punts cause sometimes it's super funny what happens punted players.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: