Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Begginer SnB build - Warband build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wiscel

Re: [Black Guard] Begginer SnB build - Warband build

Post#11 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Very nice guides. I will pick up my BG again now I have read these.

Ads
Voidsmoker

Post#12 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 am

Great guide, thanks so much for putting this together. I'm relatively new to the game, still trying to find my footing, but I'm interested in the Black Guard with just one question.

Is there a specific reason (like Crimson Death) that I only ever see 2h BGs around? Or are SnB BG just not popular, but still viable?

TreefAM

Post#13 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 am

Voidsmoker wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 am
Great guide, thanks so much for putting this together. I'm relatively new to the game, still trying to find my footing, but I'm interested in the Black Guard with just one question.

Is there a specific reason (like Crimson Death) that I only ever see 2h BGs around? Or are SnB BG just not popular, but still viable?
SNB bgs while being pretty tough tanks, barely offer anything to the group.
Outside of force of fury (the armor buff and useless chance to be crit buff) BGs don't offer any useful ST buffs to their DP target.
The aoe snare is nice, but it can also be used by a 2h BG (Yes Crimson Death and Hastened doom is why 2h is useful, but mind you, only one 2h BG per warband)
They have a strong m4 in the middle tree (Khaines Warding) which is the best tool destro has for funnel pushes, but you will ONLY use it if you go into forts or keeps, otherwise it's just wasted spaces since you'll never reach m4 in any other situation.
The only reason you would take an SNB bg is if you can't find a chosen or a borc.