How to debuff:
Keep always in mind that all your debuffs are “Hex” that means only wp and am are able to clean em, when you are gonna focus a target and start to debuff him remember the order you apply your debuffs is the same order it will be removed by a cleanse, this allow us to hide our most important/dangerous buffs behind other less annoying or easier to reapply.
Other Black guard guides:
- Buffs/debuffs: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36323
- 2h warband build: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36468
- 2h Scenario/6 men build: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36470&p=398146#p398146
- Be vocal
- Bodyguard of utility players
- Slowing the enemy down
- Debuff priority targets
- Shielded by Hate - Up to 10% Block
- Anger drives Me - Up to 30% Parry
- Shielding Anger - Up to 30% Disrupt
- Rugged - Extra 160 Toughness
- Wave of Scorn - Best AOE- Slow in game (Undefendable Debuff)
- Furious Howl - Debuffs Melee defenses
- Hold the Line - Use it a lot, if you got Endless Pursuit to keep your AP up and to have your MS buff up.
- Challenge - Debuffs enemy DMG dealt except to yourself.
- Dark Protector - It is Part of your class mechanic, it is Working outside of grp/wb. I recommend reading the Skill in Game and remember it has a range of 50 feet (not 30ft like guard)
- Guard - Obviously
- Anything in base tool kit with Dark Protector Relations
- Force of Fury -Armor buff stacks with everything and you your chance to be critted is reduced by up to 45% and incoming damage to by a max of 6%. Very good panic button for you and your Dark Protector.
- Driven by Hate - Sometimes you need more AP
- Crush the Weak - ST crit chance debuff, use it on DPS to reduce their damage output or on healers to reduce their healing crit chance
- Exile -Nice for kicking people in our death ball/kick out of guard range an enemy tank
- Shatter Enchantment - A very usefull skill that allow us to remove buffs of the grp "Echantment" for our target (pretty handy against slayers' rampage - buffhead ID: 1459)
- Crushing Anger (also drains ap, excelent against healers)
- Spiteful Slam - Best knockdown in game (5sec duration if cast with 90+ hate)
Try to stick on your guarded target mainly (HUG HIM!!!) Be ready to cast wave of scorn slow on demand and if needed switch your dark protector to a focused friend. Also you should Guard the DPS (melee dps are prefered over ranged due to the buffs given by “dark protector”).
Wave of Scorn is basically a setup skill for fights and denies against flanking or approaching of the enemy deathball, it's the best cc in game which allow us to control enemy wb movements.
(pls called it, so warband knows, the enemy is slowed and where he is slowed so we can coordinate it with other cc if needed)
For gap Closing/Chasing you should wait for your MS proc.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 7,9920,897
You are tanky and mobil. Sometimes you can kd/st snare someone and then punt him in our death ball. Sometimes you make people(mostly Pugs) angry with that kind of moves and they start doing stupid things like pushing in our death ball or at least into Wave of Scorn range.
Written by Taobaibai and Talossar
Special thanks to all those order players that has been "killed by" and "killed" me. And to Pain and Pleasure guild & Ocara for their warbands and feedback while testing every build and mechanic of my Blackguard to be able to write this guide