Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Beginner Buff/Debuff guide

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eilhander

[Black Guard] Beginner Buff/Debuff guide

Post#1 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:19 am

The Blackguard can be very hard to understand and is by far the least newbie friendly tank, due to his unique mechanics and the amount of avaliable skills to use the BG is an overwhelming class for newcomers. To help you out to understand the basics of BG here is a small guide about how our buffs/debuffs works and some comments/explanations of each of these skills.

Other Black guard guides:

How to debuff as a BG:

Keep always in mind that all your debuffs are “Hex” that means only Warrior Priest (wp is able to do grp cleanse) and Archmage are able to clean em, when you are gonna focus a target and start to debuff him remember the order you apply your debuffs is the same order it will be removed by a cleanse, this allow us to hide our most important/dangerous buffs behind other less annoying or easier to reapply. Almost all your buffs/debuffs strength will depend on your current “Hatred pool” by the time you cast the skill, that means you should take care of this resource to use your skills at max strength/duration.

How to buff as a BG:

Blackguard as an unique tank skill called “Dark Protector” by casting it on a friendly target (don't need to be someone of your group or warband) almost every single buff you will cast on yourself will be cast on the same strength on your “Dark Protector” target.
Note: Morales are not shared by “Dark Protector”.

Buff shared by “Dark Protector” skill:
  • Shield of rage: A shield that absorb damage.
  • Brutal Smash: Fixed str buff plus a variable wp buff (depending of your current hatred by the time you cast the skill)
  • Elite training: Next 4 melee attacks will be parried giving a variable amount of AP based on your hatred.
  • Feeding on weakness: Fixed toughness buff plus a selfheal (Health strength will depends of your current hatred pool and the amount of damage done with this skill), both stat buff and heal will be shared with DP.
  • Force of fury: Fixed armor buff plus a chance to be crit and damage reduction based on your hatred pool.

Buff not shared by "Dark Protector" skill:
  • Bolstering Anger: Heals yourself for 398 every 3 second at the cost of 10 hatred per tick, last 30 seconds or until you run out of hatred.
  • Khaine's warding (Morale 4): Every time someone of your group block an attack every member of your group at 100 feet will regain 800 health point. [Not shared by “Dark Protector” but affects your whole group anyway.]

Shared debuffs (2h and snb builds):

Debuffs dependant of your hatred pool:
  • Horrific wounds: Armor debuff [The armor reduction stacks with the Morale 1 “Demolishing strike”.]
  • Crush the weak: Crit chance debuff
  • Crushing anger: Drain ap plus interrupt skill

Fixed debuffs (not dependant of your hatred pools):
  • Pitiless strike: Toughness debuff
  • Crippling anger: Snare plus damage over time
  • Furious howl: Parry/Block aoe debuff (centered on the Blackguard)
  • Mind killer: Int/Wp debuff (With Soul killer tactic can be turned into a outgoing heal debuff)
  • Chocking fury: Damage plus the target will spend additional 20 AP any time he uses an skill.
  • Wave of Scorn: Damage plus aoe snare, wide cone. [Went trough even if the damage is blocked/parried]
  • Shatter enchantment: Removes one buff from your target.
  • Distracting Below (Morale 2): Debuff your target and any enemy at 40 feet around him reduccing his damage done for 10% seconds by 50%.
  • In Malekith's Name (Morale 4): 1800 aoe damage centered on the Blackguard plus 5 sec silence.
  • Blast of Hatred (Morale 4): 2400 morale damage damage over 15 sec plus 40% snare, wide cone.
Debuffs exclusive of 2h build:
  • Crimson death: Damage plus 10% chance to be crit aoe, wide cone.[Went trough even if the damage is blocked/parried]

Special mentions:
  • Spitefull slam: After sucessfully blocking an attack you can knockdown your target up to 5 seconds depending of your hatred pool (at 90 hate is the strongest knockdown on destro side).
  • Exile: Knockback your target a variable distance depending of your hatred pool (at 90 hate is the strongest knockback on destro side).
  • Shatter Enchantment - A very usefull skill that allow us to remove buffs of the grp "Echantment" for our target (pretty handy against slayers' rampage - buffhead ID: 1459)
Written by Talossar

Special thanks to all those order players that has been "killed by" and "killed" me. And to Pain and Pleasure guild & Ocara for their warbands and feedback while testing every build and mechanic of my Blackguard to be able to write this guide :D
Last edited by Eilhander on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:19 am, edited 16 times in total.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [Black Guard] Basic buff/debuff guide

Post#2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:41 am

every healer can cleanse two type of debuff. rest 1 they can't.
hex is for WP and AM. both can grp cleanse.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Eilhander

Post#3 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:17 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:41 am every healer can cleanse two type of debuff. rest 1 they can't.
hex is for WP and AM. both can grp cleanse.
Hummm my bad then, never saw a AM removing one of my debuffs ty for the feedback I will update the guide then :)
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

TreefAM

Post#4 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:59 pm

So out of all those debuffs what do you think is the most useful to go for.
Or well I know that 2h bgs usually either go for wave of scorn + parry tactic OR soul killer with elite training (something seen more in scs), and not to mention that solo build that goes through all 3 trees, with bolstering anger.
I've seen your bg, and been wondering how much toughness/str are you running with since you've been producing great numbers but still staying alive.

Eilhander

Post#5 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 am

TreefAM wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:59 pm So out of all those debuffs what do you think is the most useful to go for.
Or well I know that 2h bgs usually either go for wave of scorn + parry tactic OR soul killer with elite training (something seen more in scs), and not to mention that solo build that goes through all 3 trees, with bolstering anger.
I've seen your bg, and been wondering how much toughness/str are you running with since you've been producing great numbers but still staying alive.
Without any potion I run with 776 str / 373 toughness / 921 wounds. Also for me almost all BG debuffs has some use depending of what I'm trying to kill/focus, but there are some buffs/debuffs you always shall apply and those are: Debuffs - "Horrific Wounds", "Pitiless Strike", "Crippling Anger", "Crush the weak", "Crimson Death" (only if you are 2h) / Buffs: "Brutal Smash", "Feeding on Weakness", "Force of Fury" (only if you are SnB)
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Eilhander

Post#6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:49 am

bump
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

blasras

Post#7 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:59 pm So out of all those debuffs what do you think is the most useful to go for.
Could you elaborate on the solo build that goes through all 3 trees? going for bolstering anger seems to leave you too starved to take skills in the remaining trees. But that's one skill I'm very interested in trying so that's why your comment catched my attention, but I'm not sure what else is supposed to go with bolstering anger.

TreefAM

Post#8 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:09 am

blasras wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm Could you elaborate on the solo build that goes through all 3 trees? going for bolstering anger seems to leave you too starved to take skills in the remaining trees. But that's one skill I'm very interested in trying so that's why your comment catched my attention, but I'm not sure what else is supposed to go with bolstering anger.
RoR.builders - Black Guard

This is the build, got tanky but still slot some weapon talis, id suggest trying to min max invader 4piece and some defensive talis with sets that give you str bonus for some dmg.
For a time I used to min max this with 4piece inv, 3piece sov 2 piece warlord, sadly since the invader jewel change its kinda annoying to go tanky but also with dmg.
But anyhow, it is a strong solo roaming build, with double pots and bolstering anger you can survive anything and elite training should save you when you're in dire need of the 100% parry (tho with full hatred you'll easily be running at 70% anyhow)
Just keep in mind not to spam hatred using abilities while bolstering anger is up, or it will end sooner.
The bigger problem is that you don't have a reliable gap closer and that you don't have the knockdown, so catching people with the chains can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Ads
Eilhander

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner Buff/Debuff guide

Post#9 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:32 pm

bump
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure