Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Mage Hunter

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
priestxes

[BG] Mage Hunter

Post#1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Anyone have a good build with stats to aim for, gear(where to find it), and rotations for a BG that wants to focus on surviving in getting to the backlines and killing a BW or RP?

Ads
Vri

Re: [BG] Mage Hunter

Post#2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 am

Path of Ang. and your core abilities- those are the tools you need, dump some mastery in Ang and experiment. My career is Loathing; I have great success hitting the caster lines in back of a blob just by knowing how to move and cause as much chaos as I can. I think of ways to cause the other player(s) to flush from his or her position of casting. Make them move, make them panic and blow cooldowns. Hopefully you can force them out of range. Try not to chase to far away from your team unless you know you can be supported. If not, you will find yourself in an odd place, a good caster does not mind being flushed out, they can kit and buy time till another dps shows up and sees an easy kill (you being out of position) . Force the other player to make a number of decisions and hopefully you cause a mistake to be made. Even if you just cause the enemy player to dump all Action Points- you have done something for your team and limited the other team.

Playing the careers you want to attack is a good way to gather information. You will know the rotats and what tools are available, if you do X and Y. I do not hit a back line with getting a solo kill in mind, unless a caster is low hp for whatever reason. Hit, DOT, debuff and start seeing who is easily pushed away from the fight.

Keep the RvR objective in mind and base your decisions on that. Even if your team is only kill hunting, you will learn and gain a lot of know how. Other players will take note and will hopefully recall you as a team player.

Vri

Re: [BG] Mage Hunter

Post#3 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:13 am

priestxes wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:34 pm Anyone have a good build with stats to aim for, gear(where to find it), and rotations for a BG that wants to focus on surviving in getting to the backlines and killing a BW or RP?
Any luck?