Recent Topics

Ads

[Blackguard] - Anguish tree overhaul

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tiamath

[Blackguard] - Anguish tree overhaul

Post#1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:12 am

Hi
since Anguish is almost unusuable, we should stick to flavour of this tree being a disrupt/utility tree. As Malekith chooses his bodyguards from masters of this art.

Soulkiller Tactic- aside from healing debuff , Mindkiller is also harder to parry/block -lets say 10% block/parry bypass. Crushing Anger has its crit chance increased by 15% .
Elite training - also applies to block. So if shield is weared it works with elite traning.
Shielding Anger tactic - also buffs dodge 3%.
Bolstering Anger - during the duration has effect of Endless Pursuit tactic, works also after Dodge. So you have to manage hate level.

M4 as Devs suggests in lates discussion or keep it as it is with larger radius /dmg.

Following changes are about to put this tree in the middle of other two. Works with 2h and shield alike.
originaly posted in Proposals but tossing this here for discussion.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Blackguard] - Anguish tree overhaul

Post#2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 am

Soulkiller is incredibly potent as it is: a spammable 50% outgoing HD that is relatively low in the tree, and easy to pick up for full Malice BGs, doesn't need to be made even stronger. BG already has a -avoidance ability in the form of Furious Howl.

Elite Training is pretty good as it is, and I'm not sure why the BG would need even more block when: a) he has Shielded by Hate, and b) he has None Shall Pass. Remember: giving the BG even more ways to block could start to become a bit OTT, especially when you consider the fact that the game's most powerful KD is dependent upon blocking.

Shielding Anger suggestion isn't bad, but I'm not sure if it would fit 'thematically', given that Anguish is an anti-magic tree.

Bolstering Anger should not give Endless Pursuit efffect, otherwise...what's the point in getting the tactic in the first place? It's an incredibly potent self-heal in 1v1/1vX/2vX/3vX encounters.

Tiamath

Post#3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:26 pm

My logic was aimed that whole tree could supply BG some assets up to M4 which I perceive as very thematic and defining the tree.
Soulkiller I think offers too little in terms of must have to live BG and I think is not worth slotting and adding some power to it might encourage to climb higher into tree/forsaking other mid level tactics.
Shielding Anger since its highest tactic in the tree should offer more protection since you are at this stage cut off from climbing higher in other tree and yet you are already setup in high hate consumption style.
Endless Pursuit effect in Bolstering Anger - well you invested already much into the tree so best choices from other trees are already out the picture yet you need to watchout to keep the bonus last. I think you will already drain fast in this style and it would give you some step closer to other branches - some movement boost, more AP skills spam which wouldnt be a stomp either.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm

If you seriously believe that a spammable 50% outgoing HD at a mere 7-pts is 'not worth slotting', then I'm not sure what to say. It is incredibly potent in SC - particularly in smaller SC maps, like Eternal Citadel, Gates of Ekrund, or Mourkain Temple - as you will often find yourself with ample opportunities to heal debuff several healers, simultaneously. I can't overstate how powerful it is, under the right circumstances.

Why would Bolstering Anger even need a +movement speed component, though? You already have a plethora of ways of increasing your movement: Endless Pursuit, Unstoppable Juggernaut (less time spent being snared), Quick Escape via RR, and various weapons that give you 5 seconds of +movement speed.

Wiede

Post#5 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Wasn't soulkiller an uncleanseable debuff? No need to buff it...

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Wiede wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm Wasn't soulkiller an uncleanseable debuff? No need to buff it...
Pretty sure it counts as a Hex.

Tiamath

Post#7 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:10 pm

My point is that Malice and Loathing offers viability in all formulas of gameplay while Anguish only see potence in small scale - only. Everything else to confront you are subpar in opposition to other variants. Yes there are other movement speed bonuses but still requires investment / sacriface other tools which are I guess consider standard to still maintain your place in frontline.
Anguish should be playable in orvr too especialy if speak about m4 usage. Anguish BG should be the footman that incapacitate the enemy front line while other brutes do damage. My suggested kit seems simply fun and give you tools to lead the charge with or without shield and survive enough to press m4 button

Wiede

Post#8 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:20 pm

double post, sry
Last edited by Wiede on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Wiede

Post#9 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm
Wiede wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm Wasn't soulkiller an uncleanseable debuff? No need to buff it...
Pretty sure it counts as a Hex.
I should have wrote: "THEN no need to buff it..."

Was not sure about it. Thx for clarification!

germ32

Post#10 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Anguish is already a really good tree for bgs, the best in my opinion. The heal debuff in combination with choking fury and crushing anger is amazing vs rps and ams.

Elite training doesnt need block, you already get parry and disrupt, use htl if you need dodge.

Giving bolstering anger a run speed buff would be op. Endless pursuit gives free ap and enough runspeed already.

Shielding anger is already great as is, easy to run around with almost 100% disrupt using hold the line. Armor is sufficient enough for dealing with engis and sws in a lot of cases, get a redeye or ruin set bonus.
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Playerhater - 5x Blackguard
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer