Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] shields

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panodil

Re: [DoK] shields

Post#11 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 pm

SnB dok/WP best healers in PvE right now.
Other than that i see no use really.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Rydiak

Post#12 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Grace WP/Sacrifice DoK is incredible in scenarios too.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Tesq

Post#13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:23 pm

the have fundamentals flaw, such

-m.a.d:
1-need to spec off to make dmg upon his heal are based ( first crucifex, heal based on dmg are inconsistent or broken based on the modifier/gear)
2-if spec dmg for heal enough how cna he spec survive? he cant so the dilemma between balance off/defense
3-their max tank potential is no the one of a tank, therefore they need a guard....a healer require to be guard 100% of it's time mean 1 dps looe guard on top of being retarding dangerously ( 4 sec disarm / 3-5 sec KD...etc)

so it's probably fun; but it is inconsistently as a class and in conjunction with the rest of the game.

it also keep use a dated system of heal based on dmg done which never worked not even once, instead have melee skill simply heal for fix values like any other healing spell and the heal component still going on even if you miss the target (which was tested and proved to work altought it was in conjunction with op meccani when we had ".ab test mode". Plus it cant heal in siege (which is exatly why dok/wp recived a chalice/book in first place...)

uanaka

Post#14 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Panodil wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 pm SnB dok/WP best healers in PvE right now.
Other than that i see no use really.
You know what would make them better? If subtlety worked with lifetap heals, too many annoying times in BS are there close calls cause of aggro management from lifetap heals

Vance

Post#15 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:51 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm DPS DOK is anything but a 'weak dps', so I don't know how you're playing it, but you must be playing it wrong.

Btw haven't noticed any 'top' mDoK/mWP leaving as there were never that many in the first place.

Don´t even get me started with you Peterchen 🤦‍♂️
You did enough damage to the game and community.

Definitely not going into a debate with you. Not worth the time.
Vance | Leechking
Preferred Playstyle 6vX (AAO Fights)

Guild-Group Player Verzweiflung | Despair
"We bring [Despair] :twisted:"

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:02 am

Dodge for the Dodge God!

carcharod0n

Post#17 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:12 am

the shield specs seem to excel in Small party groups or SCs , Ive seen alot of shield WP in SCs and they are super hard to kill with only 2 or 3 people and if they have a guard on them oh boy, DOKs are about the same lass tanky but a bit more DPS
Chosen 80
Choppa 75
Squig herder 71
KOTBS 66
Warrior Priest 50
DOK 67

madrocks
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:09 am

Shield DoK is very powerful with certain gear and maxed RR.
You can do all kind of things, it's amazing for PVE and PVP.
It will punish you in pvp on bad positioning like every other DOK spec, so pay attention to it.

The spec is basically healing and doing dps at the same time, enough to get an edge in many situations. A proper melee healer. You can heal without the shield too btw.

I wish there would be another style for the shield tho! Let me at least paint it? <eyeballs Yalishka>

Now to DPS DoK not beeing powerful. LOL. It's so good that I am forcing myself and other guild member to do PvE content for the DPS set and eventually run scenarios.. who the hell wants to do scenarios in the first place?
Lutz

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#19 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:16 am

madrocks wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:09 am
I wish there would be another style for the shield tho! Let me at least paint it? <eyeballs Yalishka>
It is somewhere in the loooooooong to-do list...

Zxul

Post#20 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:38 pm

carcharod0n wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:12 am Ive seen alot of shield WP in SCs and they are super hard to kill with only 2 or 3
Here is the simplest way to do it- have a (defensive) tank melee snare one next to himself, while a sorc/magus goes on the WP from afar. Lifetap builds only work if you have someone to leech hp from, pure lifetap wps/doks were very easy to disable even back on live before all the nerfs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh