Recent Topics

Ads

BG help, I want to be the very best

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
HongTen

Re: BG help, I want to be the very best

Post#51 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

Ads
Lokiusus

Post#52 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:12 pm

To the BG veterans out there -- is there a gear level/RR where 2h BG really "takes off" and becomes formidable?

I've ended up at 40/50 with dom/BL/conq feeling pretty anemic in terms of both damage output and survive. I understand that's the 2h tank trade off, but I feel like a 2h BO does nearly everything (except wounds debuff/crimson death) that I can do, with better DPS and tank - just with less situational buttons.

Rough picture of my stats is 500 Str, 400 Tough, 850 W, 450 WS, 3.5k armor, 0% crit chance. All renown in Parry, anti-crit, dodge/disrupt.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Your stats seem good, and I'm guessing you go up to 4.2k+ armor when you have a pot?

40/50 is a bit low for 2H BG, imo: 70 is a sweetspot, as you gain access to Malice goodies, as well as the AoE snare & Anger Drives Me from Loathing.

What rotation are you using? At least 5-pc Dominator is what you should be using for damage output, but I would only advise doing this if you are in a comfortable group, with good heals and a second tank.

Lokiusus

Post#54 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Yeah, I'm reluctant to run full domi as I'm often justifying my presence by playing guardbot for choppas. I run a toughness pot to avoid toughness buff GCD. Rotations are different for different circumstances, but all start with buff/EB to 100 hate and utility skills filter in as necessary.

AOE WB: PS to activate FwF, then CD, FH, and MR until 0 hate. EB to hate pump back up.

Burst: taunt, Malignant Strike, HW, PS, CD, EB, repeat.

I think part of the problem may be from using EB in the damage rotation instead of spamming PS/CA until 0 hate and using EB as a hate-pump.

If I get on someone VERY squishy I'll see some 300+ hits, but most of the time I'm seeing 50%+ of my damage mitigated. I'm assuming this is from everyone stacking armor these days, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot I could do to deal with it besides trade off toughness for more WS.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

orillah
Suspended

Post#55 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Just wait till you get a better gear+more rr. Basically your damage shine when you have max rr and “bis” equipment + a heal support. Until that focus on debuffing - punting people to Africa, 60-70 % parry is good to mitigating most of the guard damage and you have an option to stack nearly 1k+ toughness which will help in orvr.

Skullgrin

Post#56 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:00 pm

Six pages of advice, and all you really need to do is play this in the background while you're playing the game...

Click here to watch on YouTube

You're welcome! :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

DokB

Post#57 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:17 am

Lokiusus wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:42 pm Yeah, I'm reluctant to run full domi as I'm often justifying my presence by playing guardbot for choppas. I run a toughness pot to avoid toughness buff GCD. Rotations are different for different circumstances, but all start with buff/EB to 100 hate and utility skills filter in as necessary.

AOE WB: PS to activate FwF, then CD, FH, and MR until 0 hate. EB to hate pump back up.

Burst: taunt, Malignant Strike, HW, PS, CD, EB, repeat.

I think part of the problem may be from using EB in the damage rotation instead of spamming PS/CA until 0 hate and using EB as a hate-pump.

If I get on someone VERY squishy I'll see some 300+ hits, but most of the time I'm seeing 50%+ of my damage mitigated. I'm assuming this is from everyone stacking armor these days, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot I could do to deal with it besides trade off toughness for more WS.
If you are running Hastened Doom, use EB as a quick hate generator since it stops you from auto attacking when channelling. 50% AA haste is criminally underrated on 2H tanks. If you are going to taunt someone for burst, I would save it for when you are about to hit them with your hardest hitting abilities (Crimson Death) rather than at the very start of your rotation when you are still setting them up with debuffs. Less chance of you losing the damage buff from taunt if you get CC’d and hit 3 times which can happen occasionally.

Don’t worry about your damage too much. As long as stuff is dying when you assist off your DPS and you’re managing your buffs/debuffs efficiently then I wouldn’t worry about not seeing big numbers.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

carlos1103

Post#58 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:37 pm

So time went by and right now Im 40/64 with almost full vanquisher 5/6 but i have 3 invaders waiting, right now in RVR/Dungeon/SC I go with sword and shield and I feel ok, but Im not sure if I would be better going offensive rather than tank, whats the best for high rr? Also which path and skills to use? Also renown abilities?

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#59 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:35 pm

For almost all of my characters, rr60 has been a great turning point (really I'd say 56+) for feeling like I am contributing to the effort. I'm almost 71 now, and for always being snb, I would submit RoR.builders - Black Guard as a nice build for both solo roam and warband. My main focus is delivering that choppa (and man, do you to survive that Guard damage), and my build focuses on EB to get Hate fast to put the Horrific Wound armor debuff at max as soon as possible. As armor is every ones go-to defense, this build maximizes this (along with Pitiless Strike for -Toughness) to ensure pressure. 2H might do this better, but I've always like snb so... 2c.

Edit: forgot rr, which at 70 gives you > 20 d/d, 20 parry, 30 in Futile Strikes. Until this point, I went 20 block (not as large a bonus as parry, but applies broader which I like) and then built up FS, fililng in parry rr last.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Tesq

Post#60 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Lokiusus wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:12 pm To the BG veterans out there -- is there a gear level/RR where 2h BG really "takes off" and becomes formidable?

I've ended up at 40/50 with dom/BL/conq feeling pretty anemic in terms of both damage output and survive. I understand that's the 2h tank trade off, but I feel like a 2h BO does nearly everything (except wounds debuff/crimson death) that I can do, with better DPS and tank - just with less situational buttons.

Rough picture of my stats is 500 Str, 400 Tough, 850 W, 450 WS, 3.5k armor, 0% crit chance. All renown in Parry, anti-crit, dodge/disrupt.
By a person which made bg for play it as 2h for wb.

Need rr60 and complete renown build.is rank 70. If you wanna be tanky you have to ditch str,500 is too much. Toughness is too low, you need invested points there You just need 620/630 but slot 2x toughness tactic to be toughness capped.

Aswell 3.5 armor is too low as bg since you have no dmg resdction like ib/ch/kobs you want have an higher armor like 5k + in conqueror.

Also did you have at least 295 initiative?

Did you spec hadly concession? It is a must pick for tank in rvr.

Parry chance full buff is at least 70% ( yes in 2h)

Dodge/disrupt is at least 30/40 full buff?

Off build still require similar stuff exept str. Also need melee crit to build hate faster at start of engagement where you are at the weakest

N.B: you need know better that spend mastery points increase more the dmg of all than spec str heavy. So you can simply spec off on mastery and def from renown. Aka you can reach modarate dmg for a def tank without spech str heavy.

Most likely need more renown rank and better build.

Black ork panic button is retarded broken over 9000 thousand, there is nothing that good in game right know