Recent Topics

Ads

DOK melee and progressing the spec

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
diabetic007

DOK melee and progressing the spec

Post#1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Compared to its predecessor Scent of Blood the new 10s cleanse is hardly noticeable 10s/60s(cd) maybe and can be stunned makes it nearly never effective when there are multiple classes with stuns on anywhere from 10-20 second cooldowns. My now ability to autorun unhindered at a SW or AM gives me opportunity to get maybe 2 attacks in compared to zero previously. (ex. SW just jump away and our one very short very weak 40% snare on a CD seems to perform very poorly I feel as if people can still get away fairly easily even applied. Our one other option is relying on FOK spam for celerity which 20% slow is also performs very poorly in actual, also I've spammed max distance FOK on any ranged be it SW or AM and still get in to them in time just fast enough to die, and again most classes just running away even with constant celerity debuff take forever to catch if at all given counter slows/stuns/etcetc. The cleanse is obviously a step in the right direction but taking away something totally critical like SOB and then adding this with no mobility is very short of whats needed I believe.

Not meant to strictly be a flame post like I said the new cleanse is better then previously obviously but is not quite enough. For suggestions anything simple, covenants add a base move speed proc 15% would not be unfair I think (why not more), the cleanse itself adds 15% at least, although on a 60s cooldown I feel it will always be insufficient (nice but when there are other chars with mobility skills that are on 10-30s cooldowns 60s is a loooong time ie. WL leap/sprints SW leap etc etc.) Also out one CC 40% snare needs loving remove the CD at least would help or increase the effect if CD remains. Id like to see the cleanse itself be moderated something like a 20-30s cooldown maybe last for 3-5 seconds and grant something like a 20% speed boost (relatively similar amounts to other mobility skills in the game if not less).

I'm a diehard Melee DOK spam and I'd like to see it at a state where other classes dont see it as a joke or a waste. I think its at an ok state but needs some more tweaking.

Thanks for the effort in driving the game forward.

Ads
xarfay

Re: DOK melee and progressing the spec

Post#2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:17 pm

totally agree with you !😁

diabetic007

Post#3 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:37 pm

:) suns out guns out

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:56 am

Your natural counter are classes, which can keep you at distance. To mitigate such a weakness you have to team up. Getting a speed buff removes such a weakness, which is the reason for removing the charge skill.
Dying is no option.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:38 pm

I feel like DoK is in right spot now.
If Devs will feel that kiting problem is still worse than it should be this kind of bonus you say can be set piece bonus or maybe a tactic, but I don't believe that there will be any free goodies.

If straight forward speed bonus (and mobility increase in the end) is too much I see another solution:
"% chance on being hit by ST ability (not aoe or dot), while using antisnare can have effect of slowing one who attacked you for % of speed."
It will directly address kiting problem if it is still present, while leaving DoK mobility in same place AND giving running away enemy chance to completely avoid ability effect, and % can be adjusted to be balanced.
Mentioned addition can also be made tactic or set piece bonus ofc.

xarfay

Post#6 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:08 am

Rockalypse wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:38 pm I feel like DoK is in right spot now.
If Devs will feel that kiting problem is still worse than it should be this kind of bonus you say can be set piece bonus or maybe a tactic, but I don't believe that there will be any free goodies.

If straight forward speed bonus (and mobility increase in the end) is too much I see another solution:
"% chance on being hit by ST ability (not aoe or dot), while using antisnare can have effect of slowing one who attacked you for % of speed."
It will directly address kiting problem if it is still present, while leaving DoK mobility in same place AND giving running away enemy chance to completely avoid ability effect, and % can be adjusted to be balanced.
Mentioned addition can also be made tactic or set piece bonus ofc.
This could be a good solution ^^

wachlarz

Post#7 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:32 am

Yes dok in first line with tanks to slow whole enemy wb 😅

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:53 am

wachlarz wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:32 am Yes dok in first line with tanks to slow whole enemy wb 😅
I highly doubt whole WB including healers will be singling out poor dok\wp (but as pugs focus tanks first I won't be surprised though :lol:), if described effect would triger from AOE and dots - sure it will be the problem and thats exactly why I specified trigger on ST ability hit.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:35 am

We feel that dok mobility is exactly where it needs to be right now, i.e. not as good as a Marauder or Choppa, but good enough to function as a DPS.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:58 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:35 am We feel that dok mobility is exactly where it needs to be right now, i.e. not as good as a Marauder or Choppa, but good enough to function as a DPS.
I agree (from a WP) pov. More mobility would just make the class EZ mode.