Recent Topics

Ads

[WE/Sorc] Need help on general play

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mdillard

[WE/Sorc] Need help on general play

Post#1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm an older dude, 57.
I've been gone for a year or so.
I love gaming almost as much as I love playing guitar.
I really like Warhammer, and I like ROR, but I have 2 things holding me back.
I made some bad decisions as I leveled and gimped my characters, as well as gimped my learning the game.
Basically I grinded the arena (And rats) on my Sorc and WE, letting my Rank get way ahead of my RR and didn't really learn my classes.
I like both classes really well, the pro for the Sorc is maxed Tali and Scav, the pro for the WE is she's really fun to play, and easier to solo with then the Sorc.
With my gimped RR comes gimped gear and my Sorc has issues with disrupts, and my WE just has under-gear problems with dealing damage in general.
These are the armories.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ame=Lamial
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... name=Agave

Would anybody mind weighing in on which has the best prospects for moving forward, a decent plan of attack, and some general pointers to play-style for me to build off of?
Like what build is considered "meta" once I reach level cap, good general skill rotations etc.
I like the WE a lot and could just use the sorc as a Talisman maker.
I would very much appreciate any help and feedback.
Agave - Rank 40 Witch Elf, Tequila lover.

Ads
szejoza

Re: [WE/Sorc] Need help on general play

Post#2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm

You sound like you prefer WE over sorc, so keep at it.
First off I'd go and get Ruin set, I know it's additional PvE but it will give you low t4 entry gear, with that you won't be that gimped gearwise, for weapons do T4 epic quests, they will come in handy (as for jewelery someone with more insight on WE might comment here)

As for RvR let ppl that main WE speak ;)
Spoiler:

mdillard

Post#3 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:52 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm You sound like you prefer WE over sorc, so keep at it.
First off I'd go and get Ruin set, I know it's additional PvE but it will give you low t4 entry gear, with that you won't be that gimped gearwise, for weapons do T4 epic quests, they will come in handy (as for jewelery someone with more insight on WE might comment here)

As for RvR let ppl that main WE speak ;)
Ruin is T4 PQ gear right?
How big of a group do I need to grind it out?
I guess it couldn't be any worse than trying to get reknown gear at this point.

szejoza

Post#4 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Yeah, it's early T4PQset
If you have the time you can solo it (I know which easy PQs are soloable at 30-31lvl for order, for destro I have no idea). Getting one part might take 1-1.5hour if you are going to solo, if you get a group of 6 players you can go and to harder PQs where you can get whole set within 2-3 hours if you are lucky with rolls
Spoiler:

mdillard

Post#5 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:13 pm Yeah, it's early T4PQset
If you have the time you can solo it (I know which easy PQs are soloable at 30-31lvl for order, for destro I have no idea). Getting one part might take 1-1.5hour if you are going to solo, if you get a group of 6 players you can go and to harder PQs where you can get whole set within 2-3 hours if you are lucky with rolls
Ok cool.
I should probably join a guild after work tonight too eh?

szejoza

Post#6 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Don't force it on yourself, ofc being in a guild with likeminded people is the best way to play the game :)
Spoiler:

mdillard

Post#7 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm Don't force it on yourself, ofc being in a guild with likeminded people is the best way to play the game :)
Yes!
Totally agree!

Mcz

Post#8 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am

Imo the Winds jewelry set is a good entry set for T4 for any class.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xtcjzfDBaQ

Ads
zaauk

Post#9 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:32 am

Witchbrew is good DPS when you lack the gear.
Specced that with my WE when she was undergeared.
You can set pressure on tanks in Scenarios and guard your backline with this spec while you are to squishy for the front or enemy backlines.

Sorc i have no idea about, never played one. Join Warbands i guess? And stay back and AoE =P

Caledor has a easy PQ (cant remember the name, its south of WC and you kill lizards). for the ruin set. Decent geared can solo it, but try to find someone to duo it with. Its really fast.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nidwin

Post#10 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:15 am

I'm a 49 Years old young one, old man. :-P
I'm going to post this as 2 responses how I see and would proceed if I was in your shoes, old man.

WE first.
There are 3 sets worth my attention and time.

Devastator for the heal debuff on target (focus on that one first as at rr 30 you'll be able to buy soldiers meds with your officers ones)
Rare Fortune for the 50 AP removal on target (very expensive and takes a lot of time as Auction House is the only viable options)
Onslaught, probably the best set, but ...

I would go for now for a full Devastator aoe build. Swift Movements for a 2nd tactic range if you want to roam solo, outside of warbands.
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5611,5601

at 40
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5611,5601

Kiss of Betrayel for the AP
Slice as aoe spammer in wb play
Agonizing Wounds as single target spammer after Feinted Positioning.
Know when to use, step by step, the other goodies without pushing it or getting frustrated.

For your stuff, pots, talis and renown
Melee crit
Strenght (between 900 and 1k)
Melee power
Morale gain
And somewhere in between wounds.

In warband play go in as a 2nd wave, after the tank clash, and aoe the hell out of whatever is in front, till death (crack the Elixir when appropriate). Don't go alone in backlines to try for a useless kill. It's 95% of the time pointless and it will get you out of range of healers who have better things to do than running around to get you back in range.
You can stealth before engaging as it adds a little nasty thing to 1 selected target.

Solo.
Stealth -> nasty little thing -> Feinted Positioning -> AWAWAWAWAW
And step by step learn to add the other good stuff when appropriate (silence, KD, ...)

Take it step by step and don't look too much at all the pro WE's out there. Find you way, your ceeling of competence and enjoy your bee. Sometimes keeping it rather simple works better than complex 93278 different possible pro rotations for the 432800 different cases.

Don't kill yourself on the so called BiS gear and setups. Healing pots, 80STR pots, 660 Armor pots and 20STR/wounds talis are in my eyes more important than the extra + BiS gear truly brings to the table.

Don't overbuy yourself with stuff from the AH. Once 40rr41 you'll get purple bags for subjugator cloak and daggers and blue bags for the genesis set.

You'll die a lot. All WE die a lot, all the time.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]