Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Melee Heal (Shield) Spec Observations and Suggestions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: [DoK] Melee Heal (Shield) Spec Observations and Suggestions

Post#21 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm

humble opinion: why dont give the shield DOK/WP a more tactical role? I mean as pure hybrid calss, if u opt for chalice ure healer, for 2 swords ure full dps, and if u opt with shield you got lower heal lower dps but more resistance (for example block etc) and making shields full thoughness and willpower to give DOK more staying power?

just my 2 cent idea,.

Ads
Warfare80

Post#22 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:00 am

Asherdoom wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm humble opinion: why dont give the shield DOK/WP a more tactical role? I mean as pure hybrid calss, if u opt for chalice ure healer, for 2 swords ure full dps, and if u opt with shield you got lower heal lower dps but more resistance (for example block etc) and making shields full thoughness and willpower to give DOK more staying power?

just my 2 cent idea,.
This is a good idea and i really like it. Im running Rydiaks specc viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627&p=347196&hi ... ak#p347196 whenever im in Grace and im having lots of fun.
But i feel the lack of survivalbility. Adding some frontline survivalbility would make it even more fun and viable, and i do not think it would be op.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Asherdoom

Post#23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Warfare80 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:00 am
Asherdoom wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm humble opinion: why dont give the shield DOK/WP a more tactical role? I mean as pure hybrid calss, if u opt for chalice ure healer, for 2 swords ure full dps, and if u opt with shield you got lower heal lower dps but more resistance (for example block etc) and making shields full thoughness and willpower to give DOK more staying power?

just my 2 cent idea,.
This is a good idea and i really like it. Im running Rydiaks specc viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627&p=347196&hi ... ak#p347196 whenever im in Grace and im having lots of fun.
But i feel the lack of survivalbility. Adding some frontline survivalbility would make it even more fun and viable, and i do not think it would be op.
Indeed, my idea is make DOK shielded more like a support frontilner rather than pure healer or pure dps. You can still HOT and heal (but ofc chalice dok is stronger) yet you got htoughness and willpower to emergency heal and hold your staying power in the frontline, without substituting a proper tank (that is wwhy i sugested shields for dok/wp give thoughness and willpower)

Rydiak

Post#24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 am

I've played a LOT of Grace. The only thing I think Grace/Sacrifice need is a slight buff to the cooldown of Sacrifice/Blood of my Blood. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30772&p=348770#p348770
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

dalen
Developer

Post#25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 am I've played a LOT of Grace. The only thing I think Grace/Sacrifice need is a slight buff to the cooldown of Sacrifice/Blood of my Blood. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30772&p=348770#p348770
I'm also primarily a Grace WP player, and I agree that a cooldown decrease on Sacrifice/Blood of my Blood would be good.

Maybe also a duration increase from 10s to 15s on Divine Warden/Blood Guard, to increase AP efficiency somewhat and make it easier to keep the various buffs up without spending like a third of the GCDs on that.
Source Developer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#26 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 am I've played a LOT of Grace. The only thing I think Grace/Sacrifice need is a slight buff to the cooldown of Sacrifice/Blood of my Blood. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30772&p=348770#p348770
Sorry for necro this post, but really have some points that actually want to get clear...

Regarding the spell sacrifice/blood of my blood => This spell works like a self-healtap?? you damage yourself to heal your grp (also consume career resource)...cuestions:

-Is affected by healing crit??
-Can crit?? if can...what % crit get?? how can improve the %crit?
-Self-damge can crit?
-Works like a direct heal?
-Can proc effects that procs from direct heals??
-Can proc effects that procs of getting damage?
(-I readed from another post that is not affectec by healdebuffs...ok)
-How can i improve the heal received for my hp consumed??
-spending points on tree increase the HP healed??
-The self-damage can be absorved if i got shielded??

Thx in advance

Rydiak

Post#27 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Sacrifice/BoMB is not affected (negative or positive) by any outside effects, and cannot be countered/mitigated in any way. It damages you for exactly what it says, and heals for exactly what it says.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#28 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:54 pm Sacrifice/BoMB is not affected (negative or positive) by any outside effects, and cannot be countered/mitigated in any way. It damages you for exactly what it says, and heals for exactly what it says.
Well, ok thx.
I assume cant crit and cant trigger anything that comes from heals (tactics, weapon/set procs, etc..)

Ads
Rydiak

Post#29 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Correct!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:07 pmCorrect!
Thx again.