Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Melee Heal (Shield) Spec Observations and Suggestions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Billyhime

Re: [DoK] Melee Heal (Shield) Spec Observations and Suggestions

Post#11 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:37 pm I've taken feedback into consideration in the past, you guys just come off really hostile which doesn't exactly spur me into making changes quickly. If anything I think the argument to change all the healer stuff into full healer gear is the most appealing at the moment.
I do not think it would be necessary to give up on this set for melee healing. However some of the attributes on this set could use a rework as the current state of this gear does not make it really appealing to slot it over other sets.I think giving this set some extra strike trough would be nice. The main issues for melee healing so far as I've experienced are high armor and high resistances making your healing even with Empowered Transfer slotted in not that good. And an idea for a 7-set bonus could be something like giving Rend Soul something in the line with ignoring Spirit Resistance or part of it. Often seen it heal pretty low to make Transfer Essence feel like the better choice in most situation over Rend Soul.

I would suggest giving the set things like “reduced chance to be defended against”. Changing the 6-piece bonus to something like there was on sovereign gear on live which would heal your whole group on dealing damage (not really sure how it was called, long time ago).
Wrackingspank - RR8X
Morksezspank - RR8X

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#12 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:37 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:33 pm I would give up on trying any suggestions. As soon as we were told willpower was useful for mdok/ wp I knew any relevant discussion was over
I've taken feedback into consideration in the past, you guys just come off really hostile which doesn't exactly spur me into making changes quickly. If anything I think the argument to change all the healer stuff into full healer gear is the most appealing at the moment.
Try it out. If it's Soo appealing than that means it's worth it.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:33 pm I would give up on trying any suggestions. As soon as we were told willpower was useful for mdok/ wp I knew any relevant discussion was over
I've taken feedback into consideration in the past, you guys just come off really hostile which doesn't exactly spur me into making changes quickly. If anything I think the argument to change all the healer stuff into full healer gear is the most appealing at the moment.

Billyhime

Post#14 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:18 pm
Reacting like this won't bring this discussion anywhere. The chances of this set going to full melee are very slim since it was supposed to be a melee healing build in the first place.
Wrackingspank - RR8X
Morksezspank - RR8X

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#15 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:55 pm

But then the sets would be more relavant. I don't know who wargrimm talks to. But I trust the devs if they are hearing appealing arguments and are going to go that route, let the community know so they can make the adjustments.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#16 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 pm

im playing shield dok for few days now. in my opinion reducing the cooldown of "Blood of my Blood" would make it more viable and fun to play! Also "Sould Ward" should use ap and not soulessence. ty
Last edited by ufthakk on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#17 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:55 pm

thats why i said from the beginning of the shield mode that, block from skill and and shield with so low block values were a problem apart from being hard to self buff at the beginning chalice/book set would had been fine for both shield or chalice/book but this way you has been forced to create a third set in place of have 2 just like all other classes; you should centralise and standardize more gear you can internally a class when build have the same "aim" (aka in this case heal + be durable).

That was also on top of all other problems which has alredy been feedback it, from the usual M.A.D problem etc which has been done mostly in a constructive way but since it got totally ignored (not once ) for other solutions which didnt fix anything of the reported problems (they had not being andressed at all ) then that makes me rude and made me skip even to feedback problem and cutted build the second wave of changes to dok/wp made.

i understand that ppl want to be treat nicely but if you piss or ingore someone every single time he try to be construtive pointing exact (not refering to execute specific solution but just fix the issue ) problem how he should behave with you???
(another substantial exemple, am/sh had ap problem it has been reported forever, it took 1 year to deliver a solution which was always asked into meccanic from the beginning, with motivation such test require time, point is that solution was just tested LAST....).

like idk see mod moving stuff into balance proposal section or closing thread because still formaly stuff go into balance section..... yet there are 2 discussion opened from october and no one even bothering to close it aka balance section is dead no one is taking that thing seriusly by now ( no one witha brain)..... i could go there just NOW and make a post in one of those 2 still open discussions to prove it and anyone could just see it... these things piss ppl i know that dev and mod have things that we do that piss em too i really do but this dont help create a constructive feedback enviroment because brain dead ppl dont give good feedback and not brain dead ppl SEE when something off and get piss by it and STOP feedback it at all or to do it in a constructive manner... how could they not???? aka there are classes with dead mastery like IB mid mastery being andressed in more than a single way or on more skills from other mastery too and nothing has been set in motion (Ib is an exemple but there aswell other problems), nothing get discuss, and if any form of feedback is taken it is into a vacum not well determined. And what about we/wh thechnical problem? which turned out not to be a technical problems at all??? ppl should not be piss to be lie ?? this is not wanna even be a form of pressure, i lost hope a lot time ago it's just a form of outporing due seeing things that piss me....i would very much like not to be hostile , trust me i'm just pissed, probably you are too... yet if nothing move in balance maybe look for someone else to take care of it?? since you have to take care of lots of other stuff you know....to make a paragon, writing here feel like write for warhammer 40k to gw the past 3 edition before 8th reporting specific problem which never got fix till 8th....and still failing in someway...

Nidwin

Post#18 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I gave it a go Yesterday evening on my DoK 40RR38 (dinged rr39) and I was positively surprised. I had some good fun, especially once joining a little 6-men pug-group.

I felt some good potential for a fun hybrid game play with the focus on healing and not loldps.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Nidwin wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 pm I gave it a go Yesterday evening on my DoK 40RR38 (dinged rr39) and I was positively surprised. I had some good fun, especially once joining a little 6-men pug-group.

I felt some good potential for a fun hybrid game play with the focus on healing and not loldps.
exept the problem that the class is still dmg based....it have potential yet if they do not move away from dmg based healing and stop use str instead willp whis will go no where because straightforward as it can go

-block/parry (for base)
-mara/wl (perfect medium armor)
-any dual weild build (choppa/slayer/wh/we)
-low chance to be crit on enemy
-high rr levels (additonal investiment in the above)

mean less heals, you are too much dependant from who you are facing, aka it's not reliable enought to be on par with any chalice/book build.

also give a dam shield with resistences on it, because between the def chalice from t4 influence and a shield as it is now i will pick everytimes the def chalice, which is not even op.... just bucklers dont answer to any problem a melee dok may have.

Another problem post moving away from a melee healer (dmg based) its that you are supposed to be a front line caster, aka if you look at any D&D edition , melee healers had worked only when they didnt had penilites linked to be in melee when healing as other ranged classes had.

xarfay

Post#20 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:31 am

Any tips for a good shield dok build and which sets are u sayin will fit ?

Another question: Is there are other shield (buckler) then the buyable and sub shield in kind of style? I mean another style than this buckler?

Thx in advance =)