Recent Topics

Ads

Cool concept but total fail

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Cool concept but total fail

Post#1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:08 am

The Dok/WP changes are a joke.

1. You can no longer mix into the other trees. If you want to play a chalice you can only do 1st tree, if DW second, and shield 3rd. With the requirements to have a DW or shield you just cut off 3/4 the mixing of specs. Now there is only 3 SET specis

2. People play a dps dok so they can dmg and heal. If a dok specs into the dmg tree he can no longer heal his teammates. The new ability heals for like 300 on a squishy target and 14 on a tank. how is that suppose to keep your group up. Again if I wanted to play a dps class, people would not be rolling a dok

3. with rendsoul a joke. basically a dok just spams the dps group heal over and over...cool stuff

4. Why change something that was never broken.

5. Why take away the anti snare? I read in a forum post that this didn't benefit DOK/WP...ummm yeah it did

6. I rate this a 2/10 its only getting a 2 for the cool factor

7. But thank you for ruining my Dok. He will be put into retirement.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Cool concept but total fail

Post#2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:38 am

I disagree. The concept isn´t cool, its the problem. The specs were fine before and only needed slight adjustments (changing sigmars grace a few days ago was a good change for example). Changes to the actual implementation the the classes won´t solve any issues, because its the idea behind this new implementation that sucks :(
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

zwerrie

Post#3 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:49 am

solid feedback.. took longer then i expected

altharion1
Banned

Post#4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:49 am

Feels like someone had an idea, but wasn’t allowed to implement the rest of their changes to make it all actually fit together and work
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

AxelF

Post#5 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 am

As has been stated many times though, the intertwined nature of DPS spec and melee healing was the problem - DPS specced players felt their damage wasn't enough to match 'pure' DPS classes, but you couldn't just buff the damage output as this would make the melee healing spec put out too much DPS.

Similarly, the melee specced players complained that their healing/survivability wasn't good enough, but you couldn't just buff either as that would make DPS specced players unkillable killing machines.

This is the first step in being able to tweak both those playstyles without making the class ridiculously OP as a hybrid. I'd suggest wait to see what further tweaks are made now tweaking one independently of the other is possible.

Haskr

Post#6 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm

/kiss

szejoza

Post#7 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:57 pm

I never thought I'll write that, but damn, I must agree with OP
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 pm

All feedback is being taken into account, so we appreciate it.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Rend Soul/Divine Assault healing scales extremly high of dps increase. 1dps = 2,5hps. So when cutting off 35ish dps by using sheild instead of 2hander/dual weild you gonna lose 122ish hps base healing to.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 pm All feedback is being taken into account, so we appreciate it.
I can speak only of DPS tree of DoK (torture) as I have not yet tried shield spec.

I like the concept of changes and on paper it seems DoKs life would be better. Love that you addressed the armour pen problem, good that it was done!

Now to the problems I saw so far, before patch DPS DoK was able to put medium but constant amount of damage, as there were no burst, but abilities that gave sustain. 15pt ability gave enough maneuverability to reach low armoured backline to capitalize onmentioned sustain skills, as they scale with damage.

After patch we have:
  • little to no ability to counter kitting (with 15pt ability taken - niether covenant nor melee slow will help you if you are not lucky and to survive until m2 is a miracle);
  • self sustaining was cut significantly due to lack of selfheal (new skill with 100% convertion is viable only on squishes which are able to kite you);
  • no burst was added;
  • squishiness is still there;
  • you can now buff your armor pen.

Overall.
Armorpenbuff is good, but it does not give much possibilities to use DoKs kit, kitting problems aside, If prepatch you met two tanks duo with tank-dok, you were not able to kill them due to lack of armor pen, now you cant kill them either but you will inevitably drop down as you have little to no lifetaps against high armoured targets.
Lack of burst, CC and overall squishiness, which is not compensated by high sustain anymore, puts DPS DoK behind full DPS classes, which encourages to look for bigger group set up to have all mentioned abilities and heal with you, what makes DPS DoK desired in such group is yet to be determined, I am not sure that healdebuff makes up for all the things lacking.