Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Shield Spec Rend Soul Underperforming?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Luuca

[DoK] Shield Spec Rend Soul Underperforming?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:55 am

I ran with 3/3 Dom/Merc, the 25G shield, 750 ish str, defensively RR, low crit.

On test dummies, TE was hitting and healing for about 20% more than an actual player in-game; however, on both players, pets, and NPCs, Rend Soul was very much underperforming. 4 heals of 400? On test dummy it was over 1100.

What Gives? I was running with a Chosen with spirit debuff, tried it on pets mainly, but also a few WL and WE. Not a very good result. Is something broken or am I missing something?

Ads
Luuca

Re: [DoK] Shield Spec Rend Soul Underperforming?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 am

Torquemadra wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:08 am Don't know?

If you feel something isn't right or if it could use improvement please include as much information as possible
Anecdotal evidence from other Shield Maidens of Khaine says most believe there is something wrong with Rend Soul not healing as much as before the change. Could it be 1 weapon vs 2?

I played for about 2 Renown levels today (59-61) as pure Shield DoK and I improved on target selection and strat. I died a lot because I was in PuG SCs and unguarded 90% of the time, but in the end, with 10 (yes, new personal record) deaths, I was still able to pull off over 129K heals on 85K damage in my last unguarded PuG SC. While nothing to write home about or easy to admit on the forums, it was an improvement over the start of the day.

I still feel like I need to grab some combat logs etc. but not sure how I can compare a "old" dual wield Rend Soul to the new one.
I, as a filthy crossrealmer, will ask some of my Order guildies to help with some data gathering.

I will say that engineers seem to be able to punch my ticket with a high rate of consistency. Too easily IMO. Very much paper to my rock with not a lot of counters. Not sure if Thorbolt and the other engie assisting him will chime in, but I was specced fairly defensively, wearing the Winds set, and melted like ice in Arizona whenever they winked at me.

more to come.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 am

There is a noticeable DA/RS damage drop going from 2H/DW to 1H/Shield in both WP and DoK. I'll do some testing on the WP side of things to see if there is a big difference between DA/RS damage on test dummies and players though.

One thing I would recommend for survival, if you haven't already, is max your block from Defender renown. Something like this for RR60: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 4000000000
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

altharion1
Banned

Post#4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:30 am

Rofl all these people getting baited into trying this melee shield healer.

There’s only one result in trying this fundementally flawed concept - that is be prepared to get farmed.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Xergon

Post#5 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:53 am

Rydiak wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 am There is a noticeable DA/RS damage drop going from 2H/DW to 1H/Shield in both WP and DoK. I'll do some testing on the WP side of things to see if there is a big difference between DA/RS damage on test dummies and players though.

One thing I would recommend for survival, if you haven't already, is max your block from Defender renown. Something like this for RR60: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 4000000000
I was hoping more that Shield will cut your pure healing output something similar to Divine Fury.
Salvation Healer WP don't need more protection, but Melee Healer specced purely in Grace yes.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Rydiak

Post#6 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:09 am

Xergon wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:53 am
Rydiak wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 am There is a noticeable DA/RS damage drop going from 2H/DW to 1H/Shield in both WP and DoK. I'll do some testing on the WP side of things to see if there is a big difference between DA/RS damage on test dummies and players though.

I was hoping more that Shield will cut your pure healing output something similar to Divine Fury.
Salvation Healer WP don't need more protection, but Melee Healer specced purely in Grace yes.
Offtopic to OP's post, but a caster WP/DoK that takes shield isn't gaining RF regen from book/chalice anymore. Also, applying a heal debuff to shield would further push hybrid spec into the grave.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

DanielWinner

Post#7 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:46 pm

altharion1 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:30 am Rofl all these people getting baited into trying this melee shield healer.

There’s only one result in trying this fundementally flawed concept - that is be prepared to get farmed.
Spoiler:
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Rydiak

Post#8 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Just did a bunch of testing with Divine Assault in scenarios. Aside from one shaman who must have had a ridiculously high spirit resistance value (Too Smart For Dat slotted, maybe?), all hits were well within reason of average toughness and spirit resistance values. Divine Assault was also healing for the amount of damage that was transferred away from targets with Guard.

Image 354 target dummy damage, no self strength buff

Image 247 shaman damage (354 before mitigation), no self strength buff

Image 107 damage dealt to Guarded target, but restored 752 health. 107*3.5*2=749~752

Image 384 target dummy damage, self strength buff

Image 234 DoK damage (383 before mitigation), self strength buff

Image 143 shaman damage (287 before mitigation), self strength buff

Ads
Xergon

Post#9 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:09 am
Xergon wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:53 am

Offtopic to OP's post, but a caster WP/DoK that takes shield isn't gaining RF regen from book/chalice anymore. Also, applying a heal debuff to shield would further push hybrid spec into the grave.
RF should not be a problem if as melee healer u will be upfront spaming Smite on enemies, with tactic ChF no problem at all...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Luuca

Post#10 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm Just did a bunch of testing with Divine Assault in scenarios. Aside from one shaman who must have had a ridiculously high spirit resistance value (Too Smart For Dat slotted, maybe?), all hits were well within reason of average toughness and spirit resistance values. Divine Assault was also healing for the amount of damage that was transferred away from targets with Guard.
Spoiler:
Image 354 target dummy damage, no self strength buff

Image 247 shaman damage (354 before mitigation), no self strength buff

Image 107 damage dealt to Guarded target, but restored 752 health. 107*3.5*2=749~752

Image 384 target dummy damage, self strength buff

Image 234 DoK damage (383 before mitigation), self strength buff

Image 143 shaman damage (287 before mitigation), self strength buff
Your results are inline with the math; however, as a 3 second channeled ability with an 8 second cooldown, shouldn't it heal for more than the spammable Sigmars' Radiance? I know on my DoK with Empowered Transfer tactic, TE is a better, uninterruptible heal. Rend Soul has a few drawbacks and IMO should be healing for more. More risk, more reward.