Recent Topics

Ads

About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Post#41 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 pm

People should not talk about anything if they have no idea what they are talking about.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#42 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Penril wrote:People should not talk about anything if they have no idea what they are talking about.
but muh balance
<Montague><Capulet>

Bozzax

Post#43 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 pm

So guys go find one video with 2 or at least one signifficant dest mdps rkd and I’ll shut up. Pounce rkds only have value small scale so no 24v24

Not saying you need to balance on 6v6 only saying your mdps rkds are unicorns

G luck

If you cant find one well ...
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Penril

Post#44 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Bozzax wrote:
If you cant find one well ...
...well, what then? enlighten me.

Bozzax

Post#45 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 pm

I guess they dont exist .. but yeah sure dest have a unique dest only mdps rkd advantage
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Penril

Post#46 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

You missed my point entirely. Let me try again: I am not a fan of 100% mirroring. Instead of asking for a WH/SM/WL combo on Destro, I would prefer seeing similar interesting synergies based on the unique skills we currently have. In the case of WE, I think they can certainly fill a role in a specific setup, for a specific playstyle, and be successful at it. I mentioned a RKD WE/Mara setup just as an example, which happens to work quite nicely in SCs and even RvR.

Will it be the strongest setup in the game? No.
Will it be the strongest 6v6 setup? No.
Will it be strong at RvR/SCs? Hell yeah.
Will it be strong in 6v6 when fighting non-meta groups? Could be, depends on who you fight.
Will it be strong against a WH/SM/WL meta Order group? Possibly not.

Does this mean WE can't fill a role in this game? NO.

I would LOVE to see something like "Please buff X in this way, it could have amazing synergy with Y an Z from these other classes" instead of "Increase my damage by 10%!" in the BDF.

Martok

Post#47 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Coma wrote:lol... as I said I'm surely not the best player with MDPS (this still don't mean I can't get a few kill with them :P )... but your post is even more fun... and show that you really don't know much about the class...
Ah, the standard charge whenever a contrary point is made, "you be stoopid..." Yeah, because I don't actually play the game, and when I do I don't actually pay any attention to what is going on, and I don't ever record, craft and edit videos featuring game play, or post any or those videos and thus have a visual data-base to reference, or have a WE of my own which I both play and have posted video of. Yeah, none of that can be true. The only possible truth is I just don't know anything. Good start, amigo.
Coma wrote:Stealth only work for initiating combat...
Then you have no imagination. Stealth can be used to circumvent a number of problems, only one of which closing with an enemy.
Coma wrote:...you can't use stealth to escape since it have a 2 sec casting time that is instantly interrupted if you take even "1" dmg from a lvl 1 rat :P )...
This I can counter with visual evidence.

1. Go to the media page and then to page fifteen of my thread "War Stories With Karisanna." Start the video entitled "From Hollywood, Almost Live!" and advance to the four minute and thirty second mark. There will you will find a fight between me and a Witch Elf named Breastplate. Follow the fight and you will see Breastplate not only stealths to escape but also while taking damage. She then re-pops in an attempt to finish the fight but fails.

2. On the same forum page you will find another video entitled "A Girl Is No One." Again advance to the four minute thirty second mark and you will find a fight between myself and a Witch Elf named Sruula. She also successfully stealths to escape while taking DOT damage.

What I have encountered in both playing a Witch Elf and fighting against them is utilizing stealth as either an escape mechanism or a delay tactic are both viable options, even if taking some form of DOT damage.
Coma wrote:...altrough I have to admit that stealth no longer getting broken from damage (while already in stealth) surprised me a lot... that's not how I remeber it working on live...
This isn't live. However my experience here is WE's can be broken from stealth by taking damage. Again, look at the video "From Hollywood, Almost Live!" and advance to the one minute and twenty second mark. There you will find a fight between myself and a Witch Elf named Akursed. She successfully stealths while taking damage but I am able to subsequently break that stealth with AOE damage, thus starting that fight in my favor.

I have no idea if the DEVS have done any coding work on WE stealth in association to damage or not, just citing visual records.
Coma wrote:Disarm/KD/stagger not being interrupted by dot... well... does a disarm/kd that is break on damge existe in war?
A Stagger is supposed to break if you take damage. With Knock-downs I fully appreciate the underlying concept, my only problem with that concept is they can never be disrupted. Part of playing any game and thus any class within that game should be the knowledge every attack isn't always automatically going to proceed as described without some chance of failure ever. Which is the apparent case with knock-downs. I assume Disarms are subject to disruption, but from playing since so many Destro classes were given one you couldn't prove that by the visual evidence. And speaking of Disarms, what the frak does a Squid Herder need with a disarm? Whatever, again, the point constantly being made on these forums by the powers that be is, this isn't live. Except where it is. To make the argument an ability should work here in manner X because that is how it worked on live does not logically follow.
Coma wrote:Beside KD is 3 sec...
Ok, three seconds. Still time for a full rotation of attacks.
Coma wrote:.... as for the Stagger I've not tested it... I don't play solo a lot and WE only have 2 dot (that are pretty subpar skill unless you spec for them and they got the finisher for that mastery nerfed hard so not many people really spec for it ^^), what more all breake on damage root (from RDPS and Tank) also don't breake by damage casued by previously applied DoT ^^ and I assume your talking about damage form dot... because if you'r talking about direct damage... than it breake without any problem ^^
The fact a WE only has two DOT abilities is irrelevant to the point I made. The fact a finisher got nerfed is irrelevant to the point I made. Whatever point you were trying to make concerning "damage root" is irrelevant to the point I made. The Witch Elf class is hardly a gimp class. Given the inherent advantages of the class, it would take far more effort to suck at playing one than to be good at playing one. That was my overall point.
Coma wrote:Attack that can't be defended against... are you talking about the openings? that skill that you can only use once from stealth... and have to wait untill you enter stealth again to use?
An attack which can not be defended against qualifies as fulfilling the definition of an attack which can not be defended against.
Coma wrote:...those skill that are all cleansable dot? (and with them being opener they are the first to get clinsed obviously... they would be good to cover other dot...
Would that not be dependent on whether a healer was around willing to provide that cleanse? But again, the potential for a DOT to be cleansed is not the issue.
Coma wrote:...or are you talking about the purge...
That movie sucked. It was just a direct steal from an old Star Trek the Original Series episode.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Bozzax

Post#48 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 pm

You really think it makes a diff in scs?

Going by my mrder I use it as soon at is avail and i makes sense (no not NB) and in every 30 scs Id say there is about 1 sc where it made a diff

Btw Im re rolling order just like all devs and premades ;) (ditching my 10+ lvl 40/45+)
There is absolutly no point in playing dest seriously and you know im no biasd fck

Ads
Jaycub

Post#49 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:46 pm

You need to find a 6 man guild, reroll a class they need and then play your WE whenever you can in thier groups.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Zealote

Post#50 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Spoiler:
Penril wrote:You missed my point entirely. Let me try again: I am not a fan of 100% mirroring. Instead of asking for a WH/SM/WL combo on Destro, I would prefer seeing similar interesting synergies based on the unique skills we currently have. In the case of WE, I think they can certainly fill a role in a specific setup, for a specific playstyle, and be successful at it. I mentioned a RKD WE/Mara setup just as an example, which happens to work quite nicely in SCs and even RvR.

Will it be the strongest setup in the game? No.
Will it be the strongest 6v6 setup? No.
Will it be strong at RvR/SCs? Hell yeah.
Will it be strong in 6v6 when fighting non-meta groups? Could be, depends on who you fight.
Will it be strong against a WH/SM/WL meta Order group? Possibly not.

Does this mean WE can't fill a role in this game? NO.

I would LOVE to see something like "Please buff X in this way, it could have amazing synergy with Y an Z from these other classes" instead of "Increase my damage by 10%!" in the BDF.
Slightly off-topic but have you tried the rKD setup with mara/WE? OYK was a common spec on live anyway so wouldn't say that a group utilising it is an unusual synergy, but disrupt mara always seemed less appealing to me given that: 1) it only affects one Order rdps, as opposed to Des's two, and 2) it feeds the joke that is BW's Flashfire.

I'm genuinely asking here btw. Always thought it was a cool ability, so interested to hear other people's experience.
Aetir