Recent Topics

Ads

Sorcerer vs BW

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

Sorcerer vs BW

Post#1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:59 am

I just have a question about the mirrors, I know most mirror classes have a clear winner of which is better be it a skill or what have you. What's the difference in gameplay between BE and Sorcerer? A quick look makes them look relatively similar.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Sorcerer vs BW

Post#2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 am

they are; however, Sorc has better single target, while BW has better utility and AoE.

Both classes though can just roll face on key board and blow people in 1 time stamp equally well

Jaycub

Post#3 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:34 am

BW wins by a **** mile

>Flash Fire ( I N S T A N T C A S T F I R E B A L L S)
>Fireball Barrage (an extra channel/instant damage that does a ton and has amazing synergy with flashfire)
>Self cleanse (sorc gets shitty 10% inc damage thing that costs a GCD so you never use it)
>Funnel Power (free damage and doubles the chance you proc anything)
>F R E E Snare on their channel
>specable RKD (no good BW does tho)
>better AoE tree by a mile

Sorc literally doesn't get jackshit to compete with this, but somehow is still alpha RDPS on destro because give any class 250% increased crit damage in this meta and it's godly.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Serrow

Post#4 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 am

BW is probably slightly better overall due to its utility and superior AoE, but I wouldn't say the difference is huge enough to feel like you should play it over Sorc if that was your preference. Additionally, while BW does get all kinds of neat utility, Sorc arguably can bring more to a group with Infernal Gift; giving 10% damage boost to everyone around you is pretty nice. I can't remember if it also applies it to yourself, but even if not Sorc isn't lacking for damage by any means.

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 am

BW is better for ST aswell.
Once upon a time Sorc was better ST, pre BB and tactic for Ignite. But not by much.

As for AoE Sorc used to be compareble equal.
Changes to Gloom of the Night (wich doesn't really mather much either due to proc nerfs) and just recently a Infernal Wave nerf kinda change that aswell.

KikkL
Banned

Post#6 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:18 am

Probly Bw for all the reasons above. Even get a disorient spell, knockback.

The only thing sorc could say is a little better, is not as much dots on sorc for aoe, it is a little more instant upfront damage. BWs seemed to have A lot of dots, while sorc is more boom boom, less applying so many dots. But it also depends on what build your doing.

Toldavf

Post#7 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:14 am

Jaycub wrote:BW wins by a **** mile

>Flash Fire ( I N S T A N T C A S T F I R E B A L L S)
>Fireball Barrage (an extra channel/instant damage that does a ton and has amazing synergy with flashfire)
>Self cleanse (sorc gets shitty 10% inc damage thing that costs a GCD so you never use it)
>Funnel Power (free damage and doubles the chance you proc anything)
>F R E E Snare on their channel
>specable RKD (no good BW does tho)
>better AoE tree by a mile

Sorc literally doesn't get jackshit to compete with this, but somehow is still alpha RDPS on destro because give any class 250% increased crit damage in this meta and it's godly.
Yeah fireball barrage is amazing, go fishing for disrupts > profit.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

shaggyboomboom

Post#8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:37 am

Jaycub wrote:>better AoE tree by a mile
Korze does, he's no good?

Ads
Aceboltz

Post#9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 am

You forgot BW also have a godlike M2.

cimator

Post#10 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 am

TenTonHammer wrote:they are; however, Sorc has better single target, while BW has better utility and AoE.
This was exactly what I thought, until I rolled a BW myself. It really is better at everything compared to sorc.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop