Recent Topics

Ads

DOK ICD PVE (Question/Opinion)

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
freshour
Banned

DOK ICD PVE (Question/Opinion)

Post#1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Now that we have a new really cool reason to PVE again and also word that more sets like this may come in the future. I was curious what everyone thinks about if the ICD was able to be removed for PVE for COV/COC (and WP damage prayer) - would it generally be accepted?

I understand the proc meta and being abusing it with multiple DoK's, potent covs, blood thirst and a sorc is what sorta made all this happen in the first place. But PVP aside, I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to remove the ICD for PVE? Maybe just remove it if you are not flagged for RVR?

2. Would it be a huge deal/Would it be accepted by the pop?

I was just curious what people thought/if this was even possible without client control. I've semi given up on the ICD removal for PVP and I think people are forgetting it was ever different. Maybe it is for the best. But for someone who loves to grind mobs just because it may be your happy time or you generally enjoy doing it and unlocking different titles and so forth.

Thanks for your time,
Convert

Sorry put this in chaos on accident!!!

Ads
freshour
Banned

Re: DOK ICD PVE (Question/Opinion)

Post#2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 pm

bummer, no one likes PVE :(

Tesq

Post#3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:53 pm

point is ICD is a bad solution external CD is better cuz work on single person as an ICD but can proc at same time on more ppl on the AOE.

freshour
Banned

Post#4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Yeah I mean if they could do external CD then I personally think a class designed around "procs" and faster AA does not NEED an ICD. The procs really don't hit for that much in general unless the target is debuffed. This post was primarily about being able to turn them off for PVE just for farming purposes and maybe as a step in the right direction.

I was told that it was not possible with current limitations be them technical limitations or time limitations I do not know. But bottom line I do not think the ICD should apply to actual DoK/WP at all... I mean for the DoK it is literally why they do less damage yet the class gets faster AA's and dual wield, it was meant to proc additional damage while have less damage with the actual hits.

catholicism198

Post#5 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 pm

freshour wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah I mean if they could do external CD then I personally think a class designed around "procs" and faster AA does not NEED an ICD. The procs really don't hit for that much in general unless the target is debuffed. This post was primarily about being able to turn them off for PVE just for farming purposes and maybe as a step in the right direction.

I was told that it was not possible with current limitations be them technical limitations or time limitations I do not know. But bottom line I do not think the ICD should apply to actual DoK/WP at all... I mean for the DoK it is literally why they do less damage yet the class gets faster AA's and dual wield, it was meant to proc additional damage while have less damage with the actual hits.
Almost anything is possible with client control...but they've already seem to have told you that.
So you have to wait it out.
Discipline and Priest are going to be reworked anyways. The reintroduction of Divine Strike and Consume Essence are a given.

...and I wouldn't equate mindless mob farming to PvE.

freshour
Banned

Post#6 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Spoiler:
catholicism198 wrote:
freshour wrote:
Spoiler:

...and I wouldn't equate mindless mob farming to PvE.
Oh I agree. The mindless mob farming is still pretty doable and just takes about 30% longer to do. The main PVE loss for the ICD was for fighting heroes. I used to love to fight insanely hard mobs. But I relied primarily on AA's and abilities/DE to proc my healing Covenant which actually did heal for quite a lot in PVE. The ICD alone made the amazingly fun super hard boss fights impossible. I guess technically you can run in circles spamming your ranged move... but idk. ICD affected harder single target (ie. Heroes) more than it affected "mindless mob farming" imo.

Tesq

Post#7 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:39 pm

mob or not mob farm a icd kill any interation if an ECD is so much a problem you can cut half the proc but at least procs are not blocked anymore when you do aoe

catholicism198

Post#8 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Torquemadra wrote:Not removing it, proc meta is still too strong and its not being separated to work differently in pve.
Uh-oh. Sounds like it's time for another DEV rework reveal. 8-)

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#9 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:15 am

Torquemadra wrote:Not removing it, proc meta is still too strong and its not being separated to work differently in pve.
Okay, I know you don't like being questioned but I am only asking for clarification on this one because I was told completely the opposite (if what you are saying is you'll never remove the ICD regardless of client control)

Are you saying
Spoiler:
1. That the ICD is just permanent for both the DoK/WP and the party, regardless of client control?

or

2. That currently you are unable to remove the ICD for the DoK/WP and keep it for the party - so it will be staying for now but removed when possible ie. client control.
The reason I'm asking is because to my knowledge there is maybe 1-2 staff that have spent any time on the DD DoK. Sure Aza played WP for fun but other than maybe 1 or 2... No extensive time has been spent on the melee version of the DoK. I'm sure you realize that the entire class is based around smaller yet more frequent hits/procs (which have been mostly removed from their weapons) to make up for the smaller hits. Hence the procs on live, an AA haste tactic, AA haste on items, etc. So if you are saying that the ICD is never going to be removed for the DoK specifically (or the WP for that matter) due to a "proc meta" - you are also saying that 30% of the DoK's damage if bloodthirst was on, or 15% of their total self healing (if heal prayer was on) is just gone for good?

freshour
Banned

Post#10 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:08 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Firstly I care nothing for whatever knowledge you imagine you have regarding what staff played or didnt play and secondly I thought I was pretty clear, Im not really one to mince my words.

That was why I asked for clarification because it wasn't clear at all. So I gave 2 possible conclusions that could be drawn from what you said. But... I'll take the insult and super nice reply as never removing it lol. No idea why you have to have such a tone with me all the time. Literally have done nothing but try and be nice to you and the staff for over a year. But anyway, thanks for the reply.