Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#131 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Block and then FS/resolute/parry. You get more than enough disrupt from HtL (and tactic if necessary) , and ADM gives you solid parry.

Ads
Kordie

Post#132 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Kordie wrote:As a S+B BG what should i focus my RR on while leveling? Is deft defender better than block until I have access to L40 shields?
Full block first. The 5s kd is so good, you wanna have it ready when needed.
Yeah, that's why i was kind of thinking about block first. 5s on a healer is huge unless their are lots to cross heal them.

SmackdownNinja

Post#133 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:02 am

Hey guys what talis should I run for the SnB build?
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

TenTonHammer

Post#134 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:37 am

Armor tallies is always a good and safe bet

Asherdoom

Post#135 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:05 pm

thoghness. armor is useless vs enemy casters. orde got plenty of bright wizards and engies which deal corporeal damage. armor is useless.

TenTonHammer

Post#136 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Asherdoom wrote:armor is useless vs enemy casters. orde got plenty of bright wizards and engies which deal corporeal damage. armor is useless.

well....they also do have SW's and engies out the ass too

my reasoning was that since we BG's have access to shielding anger, higher base WP, WP buff between that RR and HTL!

its not as huge an issue

Ridduk

Post#137 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:18 pm

i would prioritize toughness over armor talis

Panzerkasper

Post#138 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Ridduk wrote:i would prioritize toughness over armor talis
Yea me too. Alone for the fact that they are way cheaper.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#139 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:armor is useless vs enemy casters. orde got plenty of bright wizards and engies which deal corporeal damage. armor is useless.

well....they also do have SW's and engies out the ass too

my reasoning was that since we BG's have access to shielding anger, higher base WP, WP buff between that RR and HTL!

its not as huge an issue
yes but many of their skills deal corporeal or elemental damage respectively. armor is given more than enough from gear.

thing is simple: wan to survive enemy burst? Go wounds. you will never be wrong with more hp as tank class.

enemy got only BW and tinkerer engi/grenadier and SW? corp resistance is the way to go with thoughness to reduce bot magical and physical damage.
I would put armor talis ONLY for pve gear, because most of NPC damage is physical and you dont need much resistances.
Ppl got the myth of armor talis for unknown reasons.
good luck stacking armor VS corporeal or elemental damage.

Sulorie

Post#140 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:45 am

Because you don't drop back to almost medium armor levels on a tank without armor talis, when being hit by an Mara/ WL armor debuff, no?

The hardest hitting Engi attacks still deal physical damage.
Same with all non-festerbomb SW and melee with ws armor penetration. Some ignore armor but their finishers go on armor.
It is a matter of optimization and best defense would be armor plus high toughness. Still percentage based defense is better than flat reduction.
This all was tested on live and I see no point in trying to reinvent the wheel here.
Dying is no option.