Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#31 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:56 pm

A 2h BG in a WB offers a hefty aoe wounds debuff and a crit increase for everyone (not just group), quite decent if you ask me. You don't take it for the damage (although CD crits are very nice and in excess of 1.1k), but the utility. At least that's my take on it in a WB setting.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#32 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Vraal wrote:So the real value now is 30 feet instead of the formerly bugged 40 feet?
Yes

Also about 2h BG, I've been running Full Malice tree, with 2 points in Loathing for crit reduction and 30% parry tactic. Gear, And 20/20 points into avoidance renown. I've never died outside of a full wipe or really retarded overly aggressive plays as long as my party had 2 healers. Could guard anything thanks to ~60% parry, and the damage was on par if not slightly better than your typical SnB BO.

Really sucks you can't get AoE snare till RR60/70, but with the rumored 2h buff and being able to also get that snare I think BG will be less of a meme. It still lacks the high value/quantity utility of the other 2 tanks, but the future looks promising.

I can't stand SnB BG aka "waiting for a **** block so i can knock something down simulator 2017", honestly i'd trade the 5 sec KD for the basic 3 sec KD tanks have in a heartbeat.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Aurandilaz

Post#33 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Vraal wrote:So the real value now is 30 feet instead of the formerly bugged 40 feet?
Since I have not seen anyone else spreading fake news about guard being below 30 feet, I would assume yes, the guard is now correctly at 30 feet.

Telperien

Post#34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Link that build Jaycub pls.

So basially BG got 2 roads, s/b aoe snare + backline harasment (hdebuff, ap drain and selfheal) or 2h parry stacking aoe crit/wounds debuff + option at rr 60/70 aoe snare, am I right?
Slacking (checking out EvE)

TenTonHammer

Post#35 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Telperien wrote:Link that build Jaycub pls.
RoR.builders - Black Guard

proably some thing like this

the 60/70 rr requirement depends on if you go for force of fury im guessing

Aurandilaz

Post#36 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:50 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Telperien wrote:Link that build Jaycub pls.

proably some thing like this

the 60/70 rr requirement depends on if you go for force of fury im guessing
that's the build I'm using atm, since I cannot reach snare yet in mid I go for toughness tactic, it's okay for PvE sometimes or when you want to switch fast for a more defensive build without full respec.
playing mostly in small groups or small WBs, switching between snb and 2h depending on need for a tougher tank, or whether we have need for stronger AoE pushing/bombing.
with just some tactic changes you can play both a tank or a offensive tank, hard to get block high but parry will be high with the tactic slotted.
So I can jump from being a 2h tank in pvp to being a snb pve tank without having to pay for full respec.

Telperien

Post#37 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Is enraged beating a must? can I swap it for snare and with full 5pc set spend last point on toughness tactic? something like this?

Also, does speed boost of disrupt stack with QE?
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Aurandilaz

Post#38 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Telperien wrote:Is enraged beating a must? can I swap it for snare and with full 5pc set spend last point on toughness tactic? something like this?

Also, does speed boost of disrupt stack with QE?
looks fine, there is no "correct" spec and the AoE snare is pretty good.
IMO; 30 parry > extra toughness
(you will parry your guard dmg a lot with this tactic, so you probably end up taking less dmg due to high parry than by boosting toughness)

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#39 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Telperien wrote:Is enraged beating a must? can I swap it for snare and with full 5pc set spend last point on toughness tactic? something like this?
You can, enraged beating is just a nice dps ability, that synergies well with the crit tactic and lets you build some hate

Marsares

Post#40 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:
Marsares wrote:Coz people are too lazy to read patch notes:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17985&hilit=guard+range

"Fixed some remaining incorrect AoE ranges. All fixed ranges have been reduced by 10 feet. Guard is affected in this patch."
if you bother reading the thread further, the devs comment that Guard was bugged and had wider range, and the patch in question fixed it to back 30 feet range...
That's what I said in my previous post. Your point was?
Last edited by Marsares on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW