Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vraal

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#21 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Marsares » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm

megadeath wrote:
It's 5 yards now, so you have to hug your guard target.

I believe it got nerfed from 30 ft to 20ft, not down to 5ft. I can't see why you wouldn't take Soul Killer personally - not all DPS have heal debuffs, and most of them are Incoming ones, which stack with our Outgoing one.
I asked people ingame and they didn't confirm that. I used the forum's search bar and also didn't find any word on a guard range nerf. It's not like I want to blame anyone for "fake news" but considering all the different input I would like to see any official announcement on that.
Vraal / / Khalik

Ads
Marsares

Post#22 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am

Coz people are too lazy to read patch notes:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17985&hilit=guard+range

"Fixed some remaining incorrect AoE ranges. All fixed ranges have been reduced by 10 feet. Guard is affected in this patch."
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Vraal

Post#23 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Exactly what I wanted! Thank you. It is kind of hidden between the lines though :P
Vraal / / Khalik

megadeath

Post#24 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

TenTonHammer wrote: I forgot that WB's can have only allotted 1 dps slot in it's entire 24 man party and that 2H bgs can't work in tandem with other dps like choppas and sorcs, to augment their dmg by boosting enemy targets chance to be crit all the while putting out good dps of their own
You also forget that a WB has only 8 dps slots and nobody gonna waste them on a gimp dps that should be tanking anyway.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

Marsares

Post#25 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:49 am

megadeath wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote: I forgot that WB's can have only allotted 1 dps slot in it's entire 24 man party and that 2H bgs can't work in tandem with other dps like choppas and sorcs, to augment their dmg by boosting enemy targets chance to be crit all the while putting out good dps of their own
You also forget that a WB has only 8 dps slots and nobody gonna waste them on a gimp dps that should be tanking anyway.
You also forget that not all 4 groups in the WB has to be the same and that there generally is an utility group, with potentially a rift Magus, DPS Zealot, etc. Also, with the tactics BG can remain sturdy, do its job as tank and still dish out decent AOE damage + Utility as Tentonhammer said. Yes, you don't want 4 of them in your WB, but one can add a lot of value.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 pm

RoR.builders - Black Guard

RR full into parry. i use 3 x ruin/double merc, and the parry glaive.
just as long as you have the parry, toughness x 2 and the heal you're sorted. if fighting a dps am/BW/grenade engi, then go for disrupt. some BGs prefer to go Malice/Angui, but I find that the parry/toughness from loathing allows you to fight against a larger range of opponents (parry WEs, parry DOKs). it's a long-drawn out fight, but you should win if you play your cards right.

video should be on my yt (youtube.com/itsjustjono)

megadeath

Post#27 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Marsares wrote:Also, with the tactics BG can remain sturdy, do its job as tank and still dish out decent AOE damage
I want to see you tank order engineer/SW zerg without a shield lol
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

TenTonHammer

Post#28 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm

megadeath wrote:
Marsares wrote:Also, with the tactics BG can remain sturdy, do its job as tank and still dish out decent AOE damage
I want to see you tank order engineer/SW zerg without a shield lol
You "tank it" the same way other non tank classes tank it

By standing behind other tanks spamming HTL! And getting heals

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#29 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Marsares wrote:Coz people are too lazy to read patch notes:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17985&hilit=guard+range

"Fixed some remaining incorrect AoE ranges. All fixed ranges have been reduced by 10 feet. Guard is affected in this patch."
if you bother reading the thread further, the devs comment that Guard was bugged and had wider range, and the patch in question fixed it to back 30 feet range...

Vraal

Post#30 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:48 pm

So the real value now is 30 feet instead of the formerly bugged 40 feet?
Vraal / / Khalik