Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#11 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:24 pm

megadeath wrote:
TheSockPuppet wrote:Can you explain to me why you didn't choose to slot into Soul Killer and your opinion on the tactic and it's usage
With recent guard changes it's no longer your job as a tank to apply healing debuffs. Let dps you're guarding do it. Also absolutely useless in orvr.
TheSockPuppet wrote: as well as your hate resource management and how you balance it with your abilities/tactics that scale on hate?
Just keep it as high as possible since your avoidance/kd/punt depend on it. I limit wasting my hate only on Furious Howl and Bolstering Anger.

The statement of soul killer being bad/useless/etc is false

Firstly in orvr black guard role is not to "guard" and what not like a tradational tank, rather it is to go 2H spec and spam crimson death with it's associated debuffs

However with the recent changes that enhanced the potency of AoE, orvr is no longer about massive blobs going back and forth but is now about engagements on a smaller scale and at that level soul killer is still very effective

The tactic stacks with incommig heal debuffs todebuff a healers healing by 75%

Additionally by it's self the ability can debuff more than 50% healing becuase it debuffs outgoing healing by 50% and mind killer debuffs willpower weakening their healing ability further

Also unlike an mdps hdbuff soul killer can't be cleansed effectively b/c mind killer has no cd

Ads
megadeath

Post#12 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:01 am

TenTonHammer wrote: go 2H spec and spam crimson death with it's associated debuffs
And get guild kick straight away

That tactic is extremely situational. I rather have Toughness cap then some dodgy healing reduction i gonna use once per week.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:21 am

the outgoing HD is definitely a small-scale thing, and very situational. but if you do manage to get it on a healer, combined with an inc 50%, then it is epic. 2h malice/ang BG, in higher gear/rr, can be epic. thing is you lose out on the parry/aoe snare/toughness, hence why such a build is niche.

the BG class is insanely good at solo, and is, imo, the best melee/tank solo class (better than a DPS DOK, especially against kiters/magic dps). i have a few vids of it, as do a few others such as Daniel/Ripliel, if you are interested in this playstyle.

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:23 am

megadeath wrote: And get guild kick straight away

That tactic is extremely situational. I rather have Toughness cap then some dodgy healing reduction i gonna use once per week.
Kek

If a guild/ guild WB thinks that one of the hardest hitting AoE attacks in the game that debuffs all targets hit hit chance to be crit in an AoE by 10% while aslo debuffing thier wounds is so bad; even with the way AoE works now in oRvR, that you deserve to be kicked? Then they obviously dont know what their doing and are proably not worth running with.

The value of terifying foe is going to greatly weaken as the game continues to progess down the line as it becomes easisier and easier to soft cap tough at 1050 between gear, potions, toughness self buff and chosen auras.

But soul killers debuff will always scale linearly well into late game

peterthepan3 wrote:the outgoing HD is definitely a small-scale thing, and very situational. but if you do manage to get it on a healer, combined with an inc 50%, then it is epic. 2h malice/ang BG, in higher gear/rr, can be epic. thing is you lose out on the parry/aoe snare/toughness, hence why such a build is niche.
With the recent changes can you not say that oRvR is going to be more small scale with empahis on scenario sized skirmishes rather than the blobs it is now?

megadeath

Post#15 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 am

A Sorc or a Choppa gives you overall better wb dps then a CD BG. It was tested before a million times.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:21 am

megadeath wrote:A Sorc or a Choppa gives you overall better wb dps then a CD BG. It was tested before a million times.
Oh dam

Sorry

I forgot that WB's can have only allotted 1 dps slot in it's entire 24 man party and that 2H bgs can't work in tandem with other dps like choppas and sorcs, to augment their dmg by boosting enemy targets chance to be crit all the while putting out good dps of their own

My bad

:^)

Telperien

Post#17 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:26 am

Is there any point going 2h BG if not speced Malice? (Crimson Death + Hastened Doom)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Bozzax

Post#18 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:42 am

Telperien wrote:Is there any point going 2h BG if not speced Malice? (Crimson Death + Hastened Doom)
Depends you can maybe solo with other builds as they have other merits.

In group play or wb play CD is your strongest ability outside of Furious Howl and Wave of Scorn, so no not really.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Theseus

Post#19 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 am

I only play as 2h (Lore reasons) As a solobuild, also in pug-wbs, I play this with renown on Reflexes and daft defender http://www.ror.builders/career/black-guard. Ma equip is, or rather will be full merc with offensive jewelry and Dragons End Glaive.

My desired group Build, with the same RR abilities and the same equip will be http://www.ror.builders/career/black-guard

I really am looking forward to see how they work.... well the first one does quite good even now.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Marsares

Post#20 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:03 am

megadeath wrote: It's 5 yards now, so you have to hug your guard target.
I believe it got fixed from 40 ft to 30ft, not down to 5ft. I can't see why you wouldn't take Soul Killer personally - not all DPS have heal debuffs, and most of them are Incoming ones, which stack with our Outgoing one.
peterthepan3 wrote:the BG class is insanely good at solo, and is, imo, the best melee/tank solo class (better than a DPS DOK, especially against kiters/magic dps). i have a few vids of it, as do a few others such as Daniel/Ripliel, if you are interested in this playstyle.
What solo spec do you run and can you please link those videos?
Last edited by Marsares on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW