Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#121 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm

How do you think BG compares to SM/BO as a dps assist offtank, peter? Any suggestions on gear, ability priorities, tactic choice?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#122 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: i always use crush the weak, reducing the crit chance of healers is nice, ever little bit helps
¿Are you sure the critical chance modifier it is afecting to healing abilities too? i think only works in ofensive abilities, not healing ones.

Zealote

Post#123 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Lektroluv wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote: i always use crush the weak, reducing the crit chance of healers is nice, ever little bit helps
¿Are you sure the critical chance modifier it is afecting to healing abilities too? i think only works in ofensive abilities, not healing ones.
It used to: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15566&p=170463&hili ... ce#p170463. Can't say for sure whether it still works the same way.
Aetir

peterthepan3

Post#124 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:37 am

GodlessCrom wrote:How do you think BG compares to SM/BO as a dps assist offtank, peter? Any suggestions on gear, ability priorities, tactic choice?
In all honesty, I think a good bg can fill in as a dps tank. Damage is a lot spikier than the IB in my experience (and spike is usually what kills).

Yes you don't bring skullthumper but crimson death and various debuff (along with best kb in game, heal debuff and anti detaunt) can help alleviate that somewhat.

Will get back to you on spec and tactics.

Jaycub

Post#125 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 am

Chosen has never been good as knight, even after all the knight nerfs. I don't get why people are so set in stone that chosen is the alpha tank and BG/BO must play second fiddle to it.

imo BO pre AoE snare nerf was the alpha tank on destro, and you were choosing chosen after it not the other way around. I was mostly playing order back when there was a ton of 6v6 going on and I'm pretty sure most groups on destro were opting to run BO in their 3-2-1 groups because AoE snare was so important and it did nearly as much dmg as a mara. If they were getting blown up a few tactic changes could make them marginally more tanky.

I really think if chosen gets nerfed again it's going to be in the same position vanilla BG was on this server. BO will continue to be the 3-2-1 tank because of morale pump, and BG will be 2nd tank in 2-2-2.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Kordie

Post#126 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 am

Is there a better spec for leveling in scens and orvr? 2X xp and rr seems like time to level my BG.

Jaycub

Post#127 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Jaycub wrote:Chosen has never been good as knight, even after all the knight nerfs. I don't get why people are so set in stone that chosen is the alpha tank and BG/BO must play second fiddle to it.
Because it gives huge buffs/debuffs for free and the skill cap on it is so low?
There is a difference between skill floor and skill ceiling. In any game that has auras that character is always considered to have a high skill floor, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has a low skill ceiling/cap.

In this game tank play skill comes from positioning/guard/CC usage, only on some degree ability usage on BG/IB and a few things like coordination for SM CD reducer. Every tank has equal access to correct positioning and guard play. However CC was not created equally on tank classes. Knight/Chosen had the best lowest CD punt (now BG holds that position), which greatly increased this skill ceiling and effectiveness in CC department compared to the other tanks. Single target super punts are the most involved skills in the game for tanks as well, requiring good timing, positioning, and target selection.

Chosen/Knight ceiling and effectiveness might bottom out if the aura change or other changes nerf their overall effectiveness in the hands of a good player especially after 20sec punt and god help them if morale pump is touched. I already think BO is better solo tank, and BO+BG is better in 2-2-2 because of DPS output between them. losing the resist aura is the only thing that sucks.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Kordie

Post#128 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:19 am

As a S+B BG what should i focus my RR on while leveling? Is deft defender better than block until I have access to L40 shields?

Ads
tazdingo

Post#129 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:35 pm

i usually go for deft first, then even parry before block. it negates more guard dmg and full deft + HTL does the job vs ranged

i play a lot of pub SCs though. if you do more rvr i'd go block, tho i have a habit of picking regen for pub rvr myself, then dropping it when i get some regen gear (or bolstering for bg)

Panzerkasper

Post#130 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Kordie wrote:As a S+B BG what should i focus my RR on while leveling? Is deft defender better than block until I have access to L40 shields?
Full block first. The 5s kd is so good, you wanna have it ready when needed.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen