Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kyran

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#81 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:43 am

Hey all,

Is the difference of damage between SNB and 2H significant on a BG?

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#82 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 am

I personally feel so; even if its between SnB dps spec and 2H.

Crimson Death is one of the highest tooltip damage abilities in the game and is a real force multiplier

Kyran

Post#83 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:39 am

Thanks for the answer Tenton!

I can't decide between 2H or SNB (I like both), as I'll mainly do pug oRVR (and guild RVR if I find a good one) + some solo or duo roaming with a Chosen friend.

Actually I'd prefer to play both if I can, and switch whenever one or the other is needed. So is there a set, or a set combination that can allow me to switch between 2H and SNB?

If not, what are you thoughts? 2H or SNB?

PS : Also, as BG has many spells, are they all mandatory/useful? I mean, if I could drop 2-3 spells from my hotbars, it will be a relief ;)

Jaycub

Post#84 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Kyran wrote:Hey all,

Is the difference of damage between SNB and 2H significant on a BG?
No, it's the spec and tactics that make the difference not the weapons themselves.

50% AA is like an S++ tier offensive tactic like 50% increased crit damage, and BG gets a free wounds debuff tacked onto it as well.

All the extra scaling in malice tree and higher armor debuff and abilities like crimson death as well.

Subjagator 2h is OP as well if you can get your hands on it. Other classes getting jolt procs while tanks get ms increase is pretty funny.

Both specs are great, id go 2h if you only have 2 dps in parry and snb whenever you are solo tanking.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Kyran

Post#85 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Thanks Jaycub !

How can I get that "Subjagator 2h" please?

catholicism198

Post#86 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Kyran wrote:Thanks Jaycub !

How can I get that "Subjagator 2h" please?
It's a nearly impossible to get weapon from zone lock bags- purple- unless you invest a lot of time into the game. Not really worth the extra investment needed. You don't need bis weapons to be effective.

Kyran

Post#87 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Lol ok ^^

Last question : I thought to farm the Ruin Set, then Conqueror for SNB and Dominator for 2H, is that correct? Or do I have to mix pieces of set?

Jaycub

Post#88 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Kyran wrote:Lol ok ^^

Last question : I thought to farm the Ruin Set, then Conqueror for SNB and Dominator for 2H, is that correct? Or do I have to mix pieces of set?
Devastate is fine till anni/merc, ruin used to be a good stepping stone but now it's a waste of time unless you want 2pc bonus to run with you 2h build since you can't use 5% block on anni. But 2pc merc requires virtually no farm and works too.

Offensive sets like merc and dom are bad imo, it's better to use mixed defensive sets until you get 5 conq, 4 beastlord. Then 3pc winds or genisis. For snb go full conq.

Taunt proc is kinda a meme compared to 100 wounds proc, and crit is great and all but 150% crits instead of 200/250% some dps classes have. Str scales static and BG has some huge base dmg abilities, and as a 2h BG you will get targeted often so you need to be nearly as tank as a snb tank or just get blown up. I barely tell the difference in the 8% crit and ~200 str loss compared to all the extra armor from talismans full avoidance rr and cw + better stats from conq gear.

Also about subjagator 2h, it's not really a matter of gaining a few extra wep dps and stats, speed proc is unique and on a good base item (eq one kinda sucks) so it can really be a massive upgrade compared to say wh getting subjagator sword from sc one.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Kyran

Post#89 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Nice, thanks for all !

Mile548

Post#90 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Then what would be best gear for tank setup BG. For now i have ruin and am working towards Anni. I have enough tokens to buy full Merc gear, but that is for a 2H Malice setup, if im informed correctly. Also, which weapons, shield and jewelry are good for tank ?
Tnx in advance for anwers.