Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
AstralTrance
Posts: 5

Blackguard Builds

Post#1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello everyone,
I am currently playing as a Blackguard, and was wondering what builds are better suited to tanking and what spell rotations I should use in different situations. Im currently level 14, and my stats are mostly toughness, strength and wounds.

Ads
User avatar
megadeath
Posts: 153

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:12 pm

What I'm currently using. 102% disrupt with Hold the Line! up. Toughness soft cap.
you will need RR40 with 4/5 Annihilator or Ruin tho.

Rotation:
Brutal Smash and Feeding on Weakness for the buffs. Hateful Strike for Toughness tactic to kick in.
Furious Howl against tanks to reduce their avoidance. Pretty useful against everyone tho.
Crush the Weak against dps to reduce their crit chance by about a half.
Horrific Wound and Pitiless strike against targets attacked by destro melees. Usually apply those on targets of the person you are guarding.
Also always apply Crippling Anger. Order always try to run away.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

User avatar
TheSockPuppet
Suspended
Posts: 127

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#3 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:31 pm

megadeath wrote:What I'm currently using. 102% disrupt with Hold the Line! up. Toughness soft cap.
you will need RR40 with 4/5 Annihilator or Ruin tho.

Rotation:
Brutal Smash and Feeding on Weakness for the buffs. Hateful Strike for Toughness tactic to kick in.
Furious Howl against tanks to reduce their avoidance. Pretty useful against everyone tho.
Crush the Weak against dps to reduce their crit chance by about a half.
Horrific Wound and Pitiless strike against targets attacked by destro melees. Usually apply those on targets of the person you are guarding.
Also always apply Crippling Anger. Order always try to run away.
Can you explain to me why you didn't choose to slot into Soul Killer and your opinion on the tactic and it's usage, as well as your hate resource management and how you balance it with your abilities/tactics that scale on hate?
Image

User avatar
AstralTrance
Posts: 5

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#4 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:34 pm

megadeath wrote:What I'm currently using. 102% disrupt with Hold the Line! up. Toughness soft cap.
you will need RR40 with 4/5 Annihilator or Ruin tho.

Rotation:
Brutal Smash and Feeding on Weakness for the buffs. Hateful Strike for Toughness tactic to kick in.
Furious Howl against tanks to reduce their avoidance. Pretty useful against everyone tho.
Crush the Weak against dps to reduce their crit chance by about a half.
Horrific Wound and Pitiless strike against targets attacked by destro melees. Usually apply those on targets of the person you are guarding.
Also always apply Crippling Anger. Order always try to run away.
Thanks alot for the help Megadeath \m/, and dont worry I always use crippling anger on Order players >:)

User avatar
megadeath
Posts: 153

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#5 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:46 pm

TheSockPuppet wrote:Can you explain to me why you didn't choose to slot into Soul Killer and your opinion on the tactic and it's usage
With recent guard changes it's no longer your job as a tank to apply healing debuffs. Let dps you're guarding do it. Also absolutely useless in orvr.
TheSockPuppet wrote: as well as your hate resource management and how you balance it with your abilities/tactics that scale on hate?
Just keep it as high as possible since your avoidance/kd/punt depend on it. I limit wasting my hate only on Furious Howl and Bolstering Anger.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

Vraal
Posts: 99

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#6 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:24 pm

TheSockPuppet wrote:
Can you explain to me why you didn't choose to slot into Soul Killer and your opinion on the tactic and it's usage


With recent guard changes it's no longer your job as a tank to apply healing debuffs. Let dps you're guarding do it. Also absolutely useless in orvr.
What Guard Changes are those?
Vraal / / Khalic

User avatar
megadeath
Posts: 153

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#7 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Vraal wrote:
TheSockPuppet wrote:
Can you explain to me why you didn't choose to slot into Soul Killer and your opinion on the tactic and it's usage


With recent guard changes it's no longer your job as a tank to apply healing debuffs. Let dps you're guarding do it. Also absolutely useless in orvr.
What Guard Changes are those?
It's 5 yards now, so you have to hug your guard target.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

Vraal
Posts: 99

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#8 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Really? I havn't seen those notes. Do you have a link?
Vraal / / Khalic

Ads
User avatar
megadeath
Posts: 153

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#9 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Vraal wrote:Really? I havn't seen those notes. Do you have a link?
cba to dig it out. It was a while ago.
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player

User avatar
TenTonHammer
Posts: 3769

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#10 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:23 pm

-snips-
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests