Recent Topics

Ads

BG - utterly useless class?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Blasio

Re: BG - utterly useless class?

Post#11 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Chosens/Knights as above mentioned have no class mechanic at all. Devs told us they will do something about it. BG is a good class in fact I see many so dont think its so bad. Its just not as easy to play as the no-mechanic aura tanks.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:24 pm

very hard class to excel at, in comparison to the other two tanks. also, as mentioned, an incredible BG will still only be as effective as a good Chosen, but I wouldn't let this dissuade you from playing it as balancing will be done if deemed necessary ;)

Gerv
Banned

Post#13 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:47 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Welp

Jaycub beat me to the punch, but yes everything he stated is right on the money and hopefully it will be addressed down the line someday with balance changes
I think a lot of the balance changes to the points that Jaycub makes and many players can agree on, are needed, are, at least in my mind, dependant on how the changes to the Chosen and Knight mechanic impact their grp utility. Here I am refering to the abilities and tactics that are linked to specific auras. For example, Encouraged Aim and Press the Attack; Blast Wave and Discordant auras.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

kirraha

Post#14 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Bg only useless if you cant play it

phasemn

Post#15 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 pm

schizo wrote:So, I've been thinking lately - the poor Blackguard seems to be... useless. Tanking? BO does it better. DPS tank? Chosen does it better. Debuffing? Marauder does it better. Caster killing? Pretty much any DPS does it better. Heck, BG is not even good at simply annoying enemy players - all MDPS do it better. That brings me to a question - why play Blackguard? No matter what path you pick, you're always gonna be worse than other classes. So... Guess that's absolutely no point in playing Blackguard?
I've played all the other tanks. Just started BG LVL 16. If its mirror of IB then someone dropped the ball on this one. just got KD but requires block. The super punt is great but not until lvl25 requires mechanics

So far healers don't seemed to be bothered. I struggle playing it further.
I don't sing bad, people listen bad.

Stophy22

Post#16 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 pm

You play BG to throw people into the ocean in nordenwatch and use a badass glaive! And they also look amazing.

But to be on a more serious side of things I think IB is significantly better than the lil BG but this shouldn't encourage you to use words like "utterly useless" I think BG is a solid addition to any group, you have things the other 2 tanks don't have like a intelligence/willpower reduction. Crush the weak can reduce someones crit chance... You're overlooking things that this class can do that others can't; and yeah sure reducing wounds by X with an AOE wave is pretty amazing, but again you can't just call a class useless cause it can't ravage to win, or it can't stat steal or whatever it is that makes BO's so amazing. You have the same 10% crit inc that Knights have and you can harass Casters with that inc build up times skill.

There are many ways to play a class and you calling a BG utterly useless because you can't play it well or can't appreciate what you bring to the table is just sad man... It makes me sad. Some people worked hard to give us the miracle that is BG and even if I do play order I contemplate to give in to the chaos gods an roll a BG as I did in live years ago almost every day haha.

TLDR: Class isn't useless, stop trying to play it like a Chosen or BO. Don't make me cri ;(
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:41 pm

phasemn wrote:
I've played all the other tanks. Just started BG LVL 16. If its mirror of IB then someone dropped the ball on this one. just got KD but requires block. The super punt is great but not until lvl25 requires mechanics

So far healers don't seemed to be bothered. I struggle playing it further.
Guard someone who receives damage and you will block your guard damage. The condition for KD should be met with high uptime. Same with KB. Your hits grant Hate and Dark Protector can be swapped to targets, who get damage. You will have max Hate within a few seconds.
Dying is no option.

Thamor

Post#18 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Another thing about this class is, that you will never have a situation where you need to wait to spam a skill out, like run out of action pts (Got that covered with a skill to get 160ap back) Hate pool to spam skills, you will always be able to attack back. That is a mechanic that chosen & bo will struggle if they get focused by concentrated AP leeching.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#19 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Thamor wrote:Another thing about this class is, that you will never have a situation where you need to wait to spam a skill out, like run out of action pts (Got that covered with a skill to get 160ap back) Hate pool to spam skills, you will always be able to attack back. That is a mechanic that chosen & bo will struggle if they get focused by concentrated AP leeching.
Order....really dosnt really run that much ap leech stuff?

Even then Chosen has power of the gods ap tactic and BO's da best plan stuff costs no ap and more importantly DoK ha that ap on crit tactic for party members so the who ap thing is not that big of an issue

Sulorie wrote: Guard someone who receives damage and you will block your guard damage. The condition for KD should be met with high uptime. Same with KB. Your hits grant Hate and Dark Protector can be swapped to targets, who get damage. You will have max Hate within a few seconds.
We say that but thats not necessarily the case and i know for a fat that i have, and we all have at one point run it to situations where we want to CC a target but we either didnt have blocked recently or had max hate so when i needed to control a target i didnt have that 5s KD available so you cant go around saying "when you need it you will always have 5s KD available if you slap guard and dp on someone"

Its not a guarantee and its not reliable atleast other KDs are reliable and non demand and IB has the benefit of having only 10s cd

Sulorie

Post#20 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:38 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Its not a guarantee and its not reliable atleast other KDs are reliable and non demand and IB has the benefit of having only 10s cd
I never understood why some designer gave them decent CC on a 10sec cd, when all other classes have at least 20sec cd.
Dying is no option.