Recent Topics

Ads

BG - utterly useless class?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
schizo

BG - utterly useless class?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:08 pm

So, I've been thinking lately - the poor Blackguard seems to be... useless. Tanking? BO does it better. DPS tank? Chosen does it better. Debuffing? Marauder does it better. Caster killing? Pretty much any DPS does it better. Heck, BG is not even good at simply annoying enemy players - all MDPS do it better. That brings me to a question - why play Blackguard? No matter what path you pick, you're always gonna be worse than other classes. So... Guess that's absolutely no point in playing Blackguard?

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: BG - utterly useless class?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:11 pm

-long punt
-very nasty against healers
-can survive very long

And they look good.
I mean Chosen and Blorc might be quite "fotm" for now, but a good BG is still a valuable asset in a meleetrain premade.
All classes cannot be equally ezmode, some have to remain harder to master, even if they make the average BG look worse than the average Blorc/chosen.

ToXoS

Post#3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:31 pm

BG is nice to play, even if it doesn't gives a lot to the group.
And, another important thing: his class mechanic is pretty good compared to the 2 others:
The class mechanic of chosen does not even really exist, just pop the 3 auras that every chosen use and you're fine.
The BO one is not bad, but have some limitations, even if well-played.

And of course the BG looks badass.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Aren't BGs the lord of CC? And the bane of Order casters' collective existence? Sounds pretty rad to me :D

Jaycub

Post#5 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:46 pm

>Chosen has better punt on half the CD, and requires no mechanic.
>BO DPS output in puts BG to shame
>both BO/Ch has better utility
>DPS classes like mara make most of what BG brings redundant
>KD requires shield, mechanic, and conditional
>Chosen/BO have morale pump which is bread and butter destro kit

and the final deathnell, BO has armor debuff which is comparable to BG's unless BG is full left tree. And of course, BG's requires mechanic to use.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Welp

Jaycub beat me to the punch, but yes everything he stated is right on the money and hopefully it will be addressed down the line someday with balance changes

bwdaWAR

Post#7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

BG is like the Witch Hunter: you don't play it to be effective, you play it for the huge shield/glaive, and to have more armor spikes than all the other classes combined.

Eathisword

Post#8 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:19 am

Mo man ! BG is an awesome class. It is balanced and well rounded. It is fun to play, it looks cool, if you are epic at it, it is super.

The only downside is : a perfectly played BG (like IB for that matter) is only half as good as average joe on the BO/Sm'/knight/chosen.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:49 am

the BGs ultimate not dyin build is pretty fun, and you look great whilst doing it

it's a very selfish build yes, but who really cares in pub wbs

i almost exclusively play tanks and i would run terrifying foe on every single one of them. BG has some neat tricks

Sulorie

Post#10 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Don't know but I find the BG super-punt much more annoying than any CH punt could be.
Dying is no option.