Recent Topics

Ads

BG - utterly useless class?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aurandilaz

Re: BG - utterly useless class?

Post#21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Sulorie wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote: Its not a guarantee and its not reliable atleast other KDs are reliable and non demand and IB has the benefit of having only 10s cd
I never understood why some designer gave them decent CC on a 10sec cd, when all other classes have at least 20sec cd.
I bet it was somehow related to "evil goblins" :P

Synergy-wise, Slayer + IB are pretty much destined for each other, meanwhile BG... what, split between being aide to DoK and WE? Or perhaps because late designs they didn't want to make it too strong, and on purpose made it more "challenging".

Ads
Marsares

Post#22 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 pm

I get that BG is sub-par compared to Chosen or BO, but how in demand are they in WB-play and what role do they fulfil there - if any?

Been playing my RR53 SM and quite fancy turning my hand to a BG but given all the negativity not sure if there's any demand for it.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Marsares wrote:I get that BG is sub-par compared to Chosen or BO, but how in demand are they in WB-play and what role do they fulfil there - if any?

They play the role of spamming Crimson Death in WB's...how in demand is questionable as i personally dont see any "competitive warbands" in chat going "need 2H BG's for WB pst" in chat :)

Aurandilaz

Post#24 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Marsares wrote:I get that BG is sub-par compared to Chosen or BO, but how in demand are they in WB-play and what role do they fulfil there - if any?

Been playing my RR53 SM and quite fancy turning my hand to a BG but given all the negativity not sure if there's any demand for it.
Well any tank is usually demanded as DPS can be found anywhere, they just need guardbots. Chosen Auras are usually sought after, same goes for impressive stat stealing that BOs can do (lowering enemy defensive stats quite well with AoE spam alone), whereas BG... well it fills the role of a guard bot and their CC is still somewhat decent (or awful if you compare to other tanks). Longer punts on enemy tanks can be good to have.
All things considered, BG is currently least sought tank on destro side. It isn't bad per se, it just ends up "drawing the short stick".

Marsares

Post#25 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks guys.

As I expected, least in demand tank but all good tanks that know how to stick to a guarded player, apply CC and can guard-switch when needed are in demand regardless.

May level one, see how it feels like. The other tanks just don't appeal that much to me.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Tesq

Post#26 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:32 pm

well theorically you just need 1 bo for all his cc because even 2 will still hit the same first 9 ppl; same goes with 3 chosen so add a 1 or 2 Bg tot he wb for crit debuff / easier to apply wounds debuff / debuff block/parry for tanks etc it's cool imo, tough 2h is not the durability build for bg

Fyoshinite

Post#27 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:55 am

RoR.builders - Black Guard

Would a spec like this have any merit?

Basically an unkillable backline havoc raiser. You'd be going for healers and mind killing as many as you could find. AOE snare and choking fury look good too. Are there other tanks that can debuff outgoing healing from a healer?

(I've never been to T4, and this probably shows)

tazdingo

Post#28 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:29 am

Fyoshinite wrote:RoR.builders - Black Guard

Basically an unkillable backline havoc raiser. You'd be going for healers and mind killing as many as you could find. AOE snare and choking fury look good too. Are there other tanks that can debuff outgoing healing from a healer?

are those trees updated now? they were wrong yesterday and i can't check in game right now

but yes, super unkillable soul killer bg is a good pub tank, especially now that wave of scorn is more accessible. forget your hate spending debuffs, most of which are garbage, hold onto that rage, and just wade into the backlines hitting stuff

every now and again knock a wp on his ass for 5 seconds, or send a sw flying towards the head kicking of a lifetime in your back lines (or 30 feet behind them). you may even find you're having so much fun that applying mind killer 3 times on everything is kinda dull and not all that effective in huge fights, and opt to drop it in favor of even more survivability

Ads
Tesq

Post#29 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:16 am

Fyoshinite wrote:RoR.builders - Black Guard

it's basically the s+b set up for the bg, in this set up you'll see that your hate is much more stable and much higer than when playing with 2h , that said you're most important skill is crush the weak because it both debuff healing cri chance togheter with offensive crit chance and in s+b it will mostly debuff the full value.
Do not focus too much over healers focus on your guard use KD when you can to interrupt enemy action as remove from the fight a enemy dps(because it's unlikely kd will proc when enemy is running or anyway you will not have the right moment of proc + be able to catch a running enemy), use then ap drain skills and crush the weak onto a second dps and then finish throw away the one you KD before if the party/sc was going really bad in that moment (alternativly a throw away 1 tank).
If you are actually be able to push use KB to remove 1 kobs / 1 IB from the fight you can ignore the SM due your higer avoidance an disrupt value (you will be able to put more pressure removing those tanks because you remove more snare aoe and more important group buff).
Another good choice is KB a healer after have debuff it onto your ally lines. (start with mind killer, then snare and cush the weak the throw. (alternatively you can drop the soul killer tactic and go with just crush the weak it's fater chain a KB that way everytime and the uptime of crush the weak allow you to use it quite frenquently).

But basically all the skills you have in this set up are all efficent in both kill and defende

-crush teh weak -20% crit rata(melee,magic,healing)
-2x ap drain (1 also interrupt, to use first vs a in difficulty am)
-KD + BD both for save ppl and for help kill ppl (be conscious that the KB have a long CD even if it's really good at doing the punt work)

add other common stuff such armor debuff (ignore toughness debuff chosen /BO will provide that, keep your chain clear from redundancy stuff that would just waste global Coldown)

Remember to take M2 away cretinis for undefitable aoe KB it's a lifeseaver and you should use moral just for that unless m4 is avaiable and unles you dont also need to kill stuff.

Fyoshinite

Post#30 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks for the information :)

I know mind killer might be a little too cute, but I didn't see any other tanks with an outgoing heal 50% debuff -- and I was basically going to apply one stack for the debuff to save my sanity and GCDs for other good stuff.

Is mind killer a BG niche? I come from other MMOs where mortal strikes are a dime a dozen and of course those effects cripple incoming HP/sec but being able to attack the very source seems nuts to me. I just keep imagining a scenario where there's two healers and I'm basically reducing their effectiveness by 30%-50% in addition to crush/punt/snare etc.

Does 50% heal effectiveness from healer 'stack' with 50% healing received from a target multiplicitively? Can I do my part to nullify the healtrain? :P
Last edited by Fyoshinite on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.