Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darosh
Banned

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#71 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:56 pm

freshour wrote:I never said you were wrong. I understand it could be a chore. But you are not listening. If you can add an icd to something. You can also bypass the icd. The logic in what they have been able to do shows that it would be very possible lol. I mean usually the icd it self and making it work properly is where bugs happen. But we'll never know until someone speaks up.

That aside - if you have the time to nerf a classes damage in the range of 20-40% pending tactics/gear even if it was indirectly done (it was mainly to remove the proc meta) - it would be very very nice to hear about why, you know? Proc meta was stupid - it needed to go. But I searched for anyone mentioning that it directly nerfed dok's damage as heavy as it did and no one said anything. So I really don't think anyone knew.

Hence why I said I think they missed it in the first place. But we don't have to go back and forth. As soon as a higher power chimes in it should make it all pretty clear of if the damage will be returned to the DoK while the ICD remains in place for the other party members. If not, I'll just take it as a 30+% nerf to my spec and have fun in pug sc's with my DoK b/c it is clearly not a welcome spec lol.
Look at the marked parts, do you, by chance, see why I am taking issue with your arguments?
If they missed it - they missed it -, if not they have opted not to for reasons that have, yet, not been elaborated and do not have to be elaborated given the circumstances I've hinted at several times in prior posts.

Besides that, if you account for honest mistakes, why would you ever consider it to be some kind animosity towards anything?
In other words, ask the (right) questions - don't load them up and answer them yourself; drop the conclusions.

Abbd.: Again, no offense intended whatsoever. Look at your posts from a devs perspective, just once - ask yourself how fair you handle the situation, all things (nature of the project, etc.) considered.

Abbd.:
"Do you consider seperate sets for ICDs?"
"Are you looking forward to working on substituting the procs with other things in the future?"
"Do you, by chance, have other plans with the class other than reworking aspect xyz of it?"
"Could you, please, for the sake of allevation of concerns and prevention of brawls (patience sake), issue a development rundown featuring your progress with client control and the likes?
"If yes (to any of this), when are you planning to implement them - can you give us an ETA, please?"

Anyone should be satisfied even with as much as a blant <yes> or <no> to any of these questions, the folks aren't getting paid afterall. And no, I am not brown-nosing - I do, however, acknowledge the fact that this project could potentially be dropped any second, without any explanation or headsup and without me having any claim to make whatsoever.

TLDR: It's not what you say, but how you say it.

E: Words and stuff.
Last edited by Darosh on Tue May 30, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#72 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Oh I'm sure looking at it from their perspective is definitely different. Their end is that it is a big project of theirs that they put a lot of time and I'm sure it gets old seeing people question their changes over and over. My perspective is someone who really does love this game and loves the DoK be it healing or melee. I've seen a lot of big changes done and this is one of the few that I thought could have used more of an explanation, probably because it is my favorite class so there is going to be some bias no matter how hard I try to not be lol.

th3gatekeeper

Post#73 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:15 pm

freshour wrote:Oh I'm sure looking at it from their perspective is definitely different. Their end is that it is a big project of theirs that they put a lot of time and I'm sure it gets old seeing people question their changes over and over. My perspective is someone who really does love this game and loves the DoK be it healing or melee. I've seen a lot of big changes done and this is one of the few that I thought could have used more of an explanation, probably because it is my favorite class so there is going to be some bias no matter how hard I try to not be lol.
Well, to be fair, it was the easy "quick fix" and since melee DOK isnt a "META" build it didnt break any "official balance" between order and destru... all it did was nerf 1 build that was only used in SCs, so im sure they looked at it as, ruining 1 build for the sake of removing the potential to abuse it...

Though I agree with you... I feel like we are being pigeon holed into playing certain things... This and the Crip Strikes nerf basically took the teeth and viability out of Melee DOk and 2H Chosen as VIABLE options... Giving us less as less choices and less builds we can play.... Its too bad really because everyone already is very similar with very little actual choice when you critically think about the class and options... Nearly all 2H chosen had a similar build with largely similar stats and gear... Nearly all SNB Chosen rock the same stuff (largely) with very similar stats, builds, playstyles, etc... What we need is more options and diversification rather than less...
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

freshour
Banned

Post#74 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 pm

I think DD DoK still works in certain parties. Most people really had no clue how good AA haste + blood third or potent cov actually was lol. I was constantly told "too much stat loss for oath stones" when they added more to damage than any other two rings arguably - although torment and strife are pretty good actually.

Darosh
Banned

Post#75 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:25 pm

freshour wrote:Oh I'm sure looking at it from their perspective is definitely different. Their end is that it is a big project of theirs that they put a lot of time and I'm sure it gets old seeing people question their changes over and over. My perspective is someone who really does love this game and loves the DoK be it healing or melee. I've seen a lot of big changes done and this is one of the few that I thought could have used more of an explanation, probably because it is my favorite class so there is going to be some bias no matter how hard I try to not be lol.
Bias shouldn't prevent you from keeping a calm head, imho. I unterstand where you are coming from, but asking things in a more sober way usually - pretty much always - yields better chances of getting answers, especially if something is concerned that you deem precious.
You certainly do not want to start a brawl with, or scare the people off that have what you want/need; contribute to an environment that is hard to cope with and work in, for everyone involved.

freshour
Banned

Post#76 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Darosh wrote:
Bias shouldn't prevent you from keeping a calm head, imho. I unterstand where you are coming from, but asking things in a more sober way usually - pretty much always - yields better chances of getting answers, especially if something is concerned that you deem precious.
You certainly do not want to start a brawl with, or scare the people off that have what you want/need; contribute to an environment that is hard to cope with and work in, for everyone involved.
Amen to that

freshour
Banned

Post#77 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 pm

But I think it is safe to say as for DoK DD spec. Anything that was posted in the past is probably still viable. The one honey hole was AA haste out the rear and bloodthirst + potent - b/c you obviously gave your group a lotta dps but it made your damage so much freaking better since all of the armor stacking made our phys not so great. But until new gear or any changes happen. I'd suggest playing what is fun and also taking a note from this video as it sums up my last year + playing melee healers.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Darosh
Banned

Post#78 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:00 am

freshour wrote:
Spoiler:
But I think it is safe to say as for DoK DD spec. Anything that was posted in the past is probably still viable. The one honey hole was AA haste out the rear and bloodthirst + potent - b/c you obviously gave your group a lotta dps but it made your damage so much freaking better since all of the armor stacking made our phys not so great. But until new gear or any changes happen. I'd suggest playing what is fun and also taking a note from this video as it sums up my last year + playing melee healers.

Click here to watch on YouTube
10/10 for the video.

Try domi shoulders + imperator head + eight peaks tome set + haste tactic + pocket choppa (GSI) => 115% haste.
If you get lucky theres yet no haste cap in place - I didnt get to test my 80% haste on slayer yet, still lacking the head and the bloody conq shoulders - and I don't have access to a pocket choppa eiher. /sadface

Otherwise opt for debuffbot, you'd still offer alot of utility to your group - you won't be the one getting dbs but you'll be the one sealing the deal with your toys.
To elaborate, run some CH/Blorc/Mara/DoK/DoK/Z setup - you can swap the healing DoK out for a SHA, but I wouldn't ditch the snare proc. The zeal (M1) and the Mara can provide 2,3k worth of armordebuff, and the Chosen resis aura in combination with the zeal (M1) will have you look at ~600 worth of spiritdebuff.
The snare proc will, even with the ICD in place, keep everyone in hugdistance, if someone leaves your range have the Mara apply some special hugaction.
With the lifetap proc, even with the ICD in place, you'll net your group plenty of offheal to help with fluff damage, especially in clusterfuck situations, and take pressure of the resource management of your healers, so will your other offheals.
Add your HD procs to the mix and you completly make up for the spot you take, especially in combination with your M2 and occasional cleanse, depending on the situation I'd drop a tactic for the grp cleanse aswell.

Don't lose hope, matey - everything is workable. Your priorties have just shifted a tad.

E: Words and stuff.
Last edited by Darosh on Wed May 31, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#79 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:07 am

Trust me, I have done every single possible spec one can do on a melee DoK lol

Darosh
Banned

Post#80 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:09 am

freshour wrote:Trust me, I have done every single possible spec one can do on a melee DoK lol
In a group aswell? Pugging isn't viable, on any class - you should know that.