Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Path of Sacrifice discussion

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vove

[DoK] Path of Sacrifice discussion

Post#1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:37 am

Since there is not much information on building DoK around Path of Sacrifice I would like to start topic on it so we could share some information on it.

In my opinion it has a lot of potential as a support/healer comparing to pure healer but I haven't got too far with DoK, so maybe someone with more experience would correct me on that. At the moment I play dual wield healing my party members when they need it and debuffing/harassing my enemies when heal is not needed that much.

I was thinking if it would be better to dump all points in PoS and then buf 3 points into Dark Rites to buff the Restore Essence a little bit but I guess it has more sense to take skills/tactics from Sacrifice.

I started trying out different skills and first I went with is Horrifying Offering tactic. I started using it and it is unbelievable (now keep in mind I'm in T2 at the moment ;) ), that's -50AP every 5s. It makes tanks and healers melt, it basically makes everyone melt and forces him to run away or fight with autoattack only. I love it against AM who usually open with dots, get -50AP and have no resources to heal themselves up. I wonder how will it be in T3, I hope it will work wonders together with Pillage Essence.

I will most definitely take Devour Essence. That would leave me with 1 point free if I'm not mistaken. I was thinking about warding strike but tbh you can already ignore all of the parry attacking from behind (that's how it works, right?) so that 10% doesn't seem like a good deal to spend a point on.

At this point I might try to play with different tactics. Gift of Khaine to spam on healers (60 AP on 3s internal cd) or additional heal from Transfer Essence thanks to Empowered Transfer. I still don't know what to take from the core tactics but I was thinking about Khaine's Imbuement or Restorative Burst.

I don't think this has a lot of damage potential but is strong 1v2 at the moment, mostly due to sustain than burst damage. I am trying to focus more on supporting and offhealing rather than killing people but in scenarios for example both my dmg and healing are way above average, I am sure I can get those numbers higher once I take a proper grip on it and get better items.

As for Convenants I switch between them 3 depending on the situation. My renown points are spent on toughness.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [DoK] Path of Sacrifice discussion

Post#2 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:56 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 7:;0:0:0:0:

watching bretins mDPS dok videos i aw him spec like this

30 in crit and 10 in parry for rr

he didnt try to make it into some pusodo melee healer like grace, he played an mdps with self sustain

Bretin

Post#3 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:55 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:watching bretins mDPS dok videos i aw him spec like this

30 in crit and 10 in parry for rr

he didnt try to make it into some pusodo melee healer like grace, he played an mdps with self sustain
the spec you linked is correct, so are the RAs.

when playing mdps dok you should realize that you took the role of a dps, not the one of a healer. your job is to deal damage! sometimes you may help out your group members with melee heals if it is really necessary - pets and turrets work wonder -. ofc sacrifice DoK has a lot of heal potential by slotting tactics like Empowered Transfer but the more you heal, the less you kill, period. you can provide a lot of damage and tankiness for your group if you play the DoK properly but you should always be aware of the fact that you counter pressure with pressure and pressure wins games, hence it's necessary to have as much damage as possible. taking ET over a offensive tactic results in a damage loss i.e. a pressure loss.

about the RAs: crit helps you to create pressure, parry helps you to avoid it. also both fit perfect to MI. i don't like to have either CW or RD on any mdps class since you have to create and deal with pressure all the time. they are more useful on classes who rarely getting pressured or don't rely on creating pressure e.g. range/heal. stats are never worth renown points, whether offensive nor defensive.

feel free to watch my replies on http://twitch.tv/stenchypow or press the follow button and see when i'm live.

cheers.

vove

Post#4 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:33 pm

If you go with crit and parry from renown aren't you forced to stack toughness talis? Seems a little bit of a glass cannon build but I might check you streams to see how it does.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:27 pm

all of the top mdoks on live went full offensive. don't bother slotting toughness, as with a tank, good parry, good healers and good use of your self-heals you'll be tanky enough.

Bretin

Post#6 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:46 pm

what do you expect toughness to do? if you want defense slot armor or resistance but i definitely do not recommend it. toughness is by far the worst choice.

panakon1

Post#7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I recently started playing DoK and I have some quetions about offensive builds. What about Khaine's imbuement tactic, is it worth using? Also, is bathing in blood working when a party member gets the kill or you have to score it , in which case it seems useless to me. I've also heard that you should get armor talismans since you need some extra protection and only tanky characters are really benefited from toughness. Finaly, I thought that weapon skill and strength are good stats to boost with rr as a mdps DoK.

Culdu

Post#8 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:39 am

If you spec that way I guess you should spec marauder.

Greetings Starilas

Ads
snowfox1

Post#9 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Its been awhile since i've played and just found RoR. However, Bretin is correct regarding a melee dok, your job is to create pressure (generally best done by hitting the backline) which a well played mdok is very good at. Also, running round in rvr space the mdok is a great solo artist being able to kill wole groups solo. I'm not sure if T4 is up and running but this is where the mdok can really shine.

I'm sure there are still a number of vids up of mdoks killing 6+ folks solo, it was pretty common back in the day for those who took the time to understand the mechanics of all the order classes.

Extol

Post#10 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 pm

So what makes this path viable for the DoK and the "wrath" path for the Warrior Priest not?