Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Math behind Terrifying Foe

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vraal

[Black Guard] Math behind Terrifying Foe

Post#1 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:32 pm

Greetings,

I have seen different statements regarding the tactic "Terrifying Foe".

Can someone explain to me, the math behind the tactic? The tooltip seems to be somewhat misleading.

Additionally, could someone maybe outline to me, under what circumstances TF is preferable to other options such as Rugged. I am specifically asking for a 2H WB build.

Thanks in advance for some input.
Vraal / / Khalik

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [Black Guard] Math behind Terrifying Foe

Post#2 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:43 pm

Vraal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:32 pm Greetings,

I have seen different statements regarding the tactic "Terrifying Foe".

Can someone explain to me, the math behind the tactic? The tooltip seems to be somewhat misleading.

Additionally, could someone maybe outline to me, under what circumstances TF is preferable to other options such as Rugged. I am specifically asking for a 2H WB build.

Thanks in advance for some input.
I personally always use TF because it costs only 4 skill points and you only need like 550 base toughness + Feeding on Weakness to have over 1k toughness! 20 sec duration and spammable skill triggers it. Every Tank would kill for this tactic!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Vraal

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 pm

I have heard people say it only scales of "base toughness", but I have no clue what that is supposed to mean?

The tactic says +45% at max. value, so is it 45% of my visible toughness value or something else?
Vraal / / Khalik

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm

Vraal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 pm I have heard people say it only scales of "base toughness", but I have no clue what that is supposed to mean?

The tactic says +45% at max. value, so is it 45% of my visible toughness value or something else?
It's +45% toughness you currently have when using Hateful Strike. So if you have 550 base toughness and no toughness buffs then it's 45% of 550. But if you use FoW you have 670 Toughness and it's +45% of that and if Shaman uses Dsu on you and you use HS it's +45% of 790 toughness. That is with 550 base Toughness. Super good tactic! Pair it with Malekith's Bulewark which is -25 % of ALL magical dmg and close to soft capped toughness basically all the time=) And in RoR 1k toughness means that attacker has -1000 str/int/bal.

All grp wide dmg proc's like FoR/FS/Wrath Prayer + WH bullets and even SM's Blurring Shock are magical dmg. And alot of WPN Procs as well=) BG RULES!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tazdingo

Post#5 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:00 pm

yeah as far as i've ever been able to tell the increase is applied after everything else, rugged, pots, talis, morale ect. total it then * 1.45

Vraal

Post#6 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm
It's +45% toughness you currently have when using Hateful Strike. So if you have 550 base toughness and no toughness buffs then it's 45% of 550. But if you use FoW you have 670 Toughness and it's +45% of that and if Shaman uses Dsu on you and you use HS it's +45% of 790 toughness. That is with 550 base Toughness. Super good tactic! Pair it with Malekith's Bulewark which is -25 % of ALL magical dmg and close to soft capped toughness basically all the time=) And in RoR 1k toughness means that attacker has -1000 str/int/bal.

All grp wide dmg proc's like FoR/FS/Wrath Prayer + WH bullets and even SM's Blurring Shock are magical dmg. And alot of WPN Procs as well=) BG RULES!
Is Malekith's Bulwark adviseable? 15% less healing seems a risky tradeoff, especially since the META seems to be melee stacks?

Thanks for your thoughts already! I am only getting into BG-life and you help me a lot.
Vraal / / Khalik

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm

Vraal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Is Malekith's Bulwark adviseable? 15% less healing seems a risky tradeoff, especially since the META seems to be melee stacks?

Thanks for your thoughts already! I am only getting into BG-life and you help me a lot.
Full Hardy Concession from renown brings you to - 40% Magic dmg taken and against BW/DD AM/SM you will notice insane difference and there are alot of those classes=) you can also take full trivial blows (and just lol at bw's now) and run -10%crit dmg liniment (lol dont remember the name and i use it on most chars my self) to bring you to total - 50% Critical dmg taken and - 15% all dmg taken which is also the best counter for slayers along with toughness!

criollo

Post#8 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:54 pm

Vraal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 pm I have heard people say it only scales of "base toughness", but I have no clue what that is supposed to mean?

Afaik Malekith's Bulwark tactic works only VS magical damage intel based, so no.
Andalusian.

Ads