Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] PvE shield spec

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
emiliorv
Suspended

[DOK] PvE shield spec

Post#1 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 am

Im thinking in respec to Sacrifice for PvE dungeons to change a bit of gameplay and also bring some more dps and keep healing through that uber heal debuffs...

Im thinking in this spec:
RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

Keep grp cleanse and also get grp shield.

other option more offensive could be:

Im keeping subtely in all builds...didnt tried to dps+heal but for sure that is a aggro bomb (assuming lifetap heals agrro like normal heals)..

any feedback from more experienced DoK´s?

Ads
dalen
Developer

Re: [DOK] PvE shield spec

Post#2 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 am Im thinking in respec to Sacrifice for PvE dungeons to change a bit of gameplay and also bring some more dps and keep healing through that uber heal debuffs...

Im thinking in this spec:

Keep grp cleanse and also get grp shield.

other option more offensive could be:

Im keeping subtely in all builds...didnt tried to dps+heal but for sure that is a aggro bomb (assuming lifetap heals agrro like normal heals)..

any feedback from more experienced DoK´s?
In many PvE fights it is definitely useful with Efficient Patching. Also Drowning in Blood requires dual wield, so no point in taking that skill in shield spec.
Source Developer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 pm

dalen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am Also Drowning in Blood requires dual wield, so no point in taking that skill in shield spec.
Yep, didnt noticed...Thx for the note.

Then the option could be:

Or give up grp shield and take grp cleanse again...but too many tactic to choose...

Question:
-transferred Focus: that +20% heal works with lifetap heals or only for normal heals?
-Subtely: is a must for shield spec or not?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Any more shield DoK could give PvE advice?

Ekundu01

Post#5 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:48 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pm Any more shield DoK could give PvE advice?
I have done some low end pve as shield dok and so far it has worked out. I did the Beastlord bosses all except Ursine as shield secondary heals used a mix of ruin and merc.

I did Gunbad left and right as shield with full beastlord and rest dominator also played role of second healer. Went with as much str and crit and block as i could get. Basically my approach was to have enough str to make melee heals decent but also make myself as tanky as i can get so if i do get hit by a boss i don't just explode.

It works well but you have to go in with the tank and it really helps to have a healer that is feeding ap to the group because you need Ap to heal and you have no ap recovery tactic other then the one from direct healing and melee heals doesn't count for that. I was very surprised how well it works in pve. Transfer essence works really well keeping constant heals on your group. You just have to know the fights well enough so that you are not becoming a liability.

I haven't tested it yet in BB/BE or BS. City dungeons might be a challenge with ap draining mobs/pools of death. I don't plan to try it out in BB/BE or BS until i get most of my Sentinel set.
Trismack

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:24 am

More questions:
-Talismans: better going for STR or WS??
-Subtely tactic: is needed??

Im going start with a mix of:
-Beastlord
- 3 pc dominator
-genesis
-Subjugator

Panodil

Post#7 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 am

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4977,5016

This spec in BB/BE.
In Bastion you dont really need cleanse. So AA speed or less aggro tactic, kinda need to seap to pure healgear on last boss.

I have done 20+ bb/be with linked spec, could not find 2nd healer last night so i was solo heal and it was no problem at all tbh.
Please go 0% to be critical hit first before offensive, you will take alot of aggro.

My gear depends on group, if no armor debuff in group i go full bloodlord. Otherwise i mix bloodlord and sentinel. Best shield i think is city inf reward The Forerunner.
Talis i go full str, more than half pve attacks are spiritbased, aka consume essence so good with a group that know how to stack up.

Shield dok is easy best healer by miles, nothing can heal as much and do great damage at same time. Learn it.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:24 am

Spoiler:
Panodil wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 am https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4977,5016

This spec in BB/BE.
In Bastion you dont really need cleanse. So AA speed or less aggro tactic, kinda need to seap to pure healgear on last boss.

I have done 20+ bb/be with linked spec, could not find 2nd healer last night so i was solo heal and it was no problem at all tbh.
Please go 0% to be critical hit first before offensive, you will take alot of aggro.

My gear depends on group, if no armor debuff in group i go full bloodlord. Otherwise i mix bloodlord and sentinel. Best shield i think is city inf reward The Forerunner.
Talis i go full str, more than half pve attacks are spiritbased, aka consume essence so good with a group that know how to stack up.

Shield dok is easy best healer by miles, nothing can heal as much and do great damage at same time. Learn it.
Lotta thx for info.
In your build you skip Soul guard and train more points in torture spec, questions (i never ever player shield DoK before):
-Soul ward: really is useless??
-spend less points in sacrifice dont drop the dmg/heal from the mastery abilities?
-Sanguinary extension: really worth? i mean, u will spend ap in lifetaps and others buff/debuffs to upgrade your dps (consume strengh + lacerate) really have time/ap to use sanguinary extension in rotation?
-Soul shielding: if you drop soul ward from sacrifice why not get the grp shield instead of sanguinary extension? in full DR tree the grp shield abs 1192 dmg, dunno how will work with only 9 pts spend on tree...

Something like this?

NOTE: im not trying to argue against you (or anyone who posted here), im only trying to figure how to get the best spec (at least on paper) and trying to understand why the ppl who really played the spec had choose the diferents options they had.

Ads
Panodil

Post#9 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 am

both your options work, i just use dot for some extra cheap damage on bosses. dots are very cheap ap wise. But yea you are right, absorb is better option i think. Think i had time to use that dot maybe 10-15 times last 1h run.
Soulward is only for ranged damage, pve dont really have that, so useless yes.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 am

Spoiler:
Panodil wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 am
Spoiler:
both your options work, i just use dot for some extra cheap damage on bosses. dots are very cheap ap wise. But yea you are right, absorb is better option i think. Think i had time to use that dot maybe 10-15 times last 1h run.
Soulward is only for ranged damage, pve dont really have that, so useless yes.
Thx again for answer.