Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mubbl

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#231 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am

@peter yep so it is why wont you pick it as it was so low you could readjust your rr with it
@darosh thats some underrated skills you put on the table here<3 but i think slayers enjoy the rampage more then ns
@tesq i dont get me wrong i would love to run the parry tactic again but you have enough ways to work around the lose of the parry(toughness and wp buff you can punt someone "decently" far away kd bubble->toughness anti crit spell etc) and at some point every game is just positioning as peter mentiond before.

Ads
Tesq

Post#232 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 am

mubbl wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am @tesq i dont get me wrong i would love to run the parry tactic again but you have enough ways to work around the lose of the parry(toughness and wp buff you can punt someone "decently" far away kd bubble->toughness anti crit spell etc) and at some point every game is just positioning as peter mentiond before.
That's the whole point i agree too for small scale but but not for oRvR where the issue keep lies.

mubbl

Post#233 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:17 am

I can admit it was easier before.
But its still possible but you have to go deftard and cant do dmg anymore but you can be really good deftard as bg. Thats my expirence and im not even bis for deftard but maybe im just the son of rng godess and she really hates you ^_^
Its just not like chosen where it prics on top of your defence you have to get 100 hate first all defences buffs up and then you can go. Also you have to out dance enemys a bit....bg is not easy to play maybe hardest char to get max value out of it atm in my op
Anyways lets get back to thread topic(:

HongTen

Post#234 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:59 am

man there's thousand of builds
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

mursaat1337

Post#235 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:59 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 pm ADM was always used for Malice BG in SC and 6v6...dunno which offensive BGs weren't using it when it was low-hanging fruit. Why would you give up 30% parry for a heal debuff that Choppa/WE can apply, lol.
because for sc you dont need 70% parry and bg can reach 50% if spec offensive gear, you dont need more, you will be hit most of tiems behind ya in sc and you can use tactics slot for off stuff. But ORVR is a diff story.
A flat 30% parry, while being able to purchase everything from Malice? You would have had to be insane not to pick that - thus allowing you to spec talis/rr more into crit and offense. I don't know why you don't think the more parry, the better. Versus pugs? Sure, go focused offence and anti-detaunt - anything works against that. I am referring to playing a Malice BG against other groups: ADM was considered mandatory to survive guard damage versus double melee (aka every order 6man) groups.

Again - being able to maintain such high levels of parry, provide an aoe snare and dish out a lot of damage simultaneously, was what brought about the repositioning of ADM. I am not saying I don't empathise with you somewhat in regards to how other tanks have it, but that doesn't negate from the fact that no class should be able to have all of their eggs in one basket.
Saying "no class should be able to have all of their eggs in one basket" seems to be very flawed when you look at the IB builds in a 6 man setting(they got all the eggs). 2H BG was meant to debuff and parry enough to stop guard dmg but never mitigated a lot dmg from the actual target they are guarding on like how the IB can, which can do it 10x more effective ie armor buff, toughness, 25%parry, magic bubble, aoe snare,kd, list goes on and to add to the fact that most of these are either low cost in the tree or are core abilities. IB has wayyy more survivability when it comes to builds ie armor tactic, heal on disrupt, and other abilities that I mentioned before and they still dish out more ST dmg than BG counterpart. Now BG has even less aoe pressure cause we have to either 1, lose survivability to "keep" our utility, or 2, net survivability and lose utility which is pointless. Only thing BG has going for it, is SnB builds which is still clunky due to wave of scorn being a 13 pt tactic in a tree it should'nt even be in.

Gutting ADM tactic now brings Crimson Death on an even lower level for tier 1 play because now we can't even spec into CD anymore without changing our whole gear/rr setup to compensate for 30% parry!. Ever vs 2x IB/WL/SW comp? its cancer on how tanky 2H IB can be and lethal as well with all the utility and no drawback. Oh and just because oathbound can be "shattered" doesn't mean its weaker. Look at the tooltip, no cooldown vs shatter? We know the winner here. Slowing them a gcd and 15 grudge isnt countering anything.

Just my 2 cents on the ordeal, already have a proposal posted, not trying to harp on ya, just trying to understand others "perspective" on things.

Juggernaut

Post#236 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:55 am

Blackguards seem to be in a weird spot, can anyone post a good 40/40 build? I'm having trouble finding a good balance bt Malice & Anguish. Thank you!

geezereur

Post#237 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:10 am

Anyone know if the tactic Malekith's Bulwark also reduces Magical Melee attacks like a Swordmasters spirit attack or Witch Hunters Bullets?

tyrell

Post#238 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm

geezereur wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:10 am Anyone know if the tactic Malekith's Bulwark also reduces Magical Melee attacks like a Swordmasters spirit attack or Witch Hunters Bullets?
Sadly no! Practically it's only useful vs casters i.e. bw/am (dps)

Ads
Garner

Post#239 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 am

Hey guys. I'm getting back into the game and would like to see the different builds you guys are running now a days. Please share!

TenTonHammer

Post#240 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 am

Garner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 am Hey guys. I'm getting back into the game and would like to see the different builds you guys are running now a days. Please share!
Well this is my main 2H build on my 40/50 BG:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 16,913,920

depending on how badly things are going i drop filled with fury for rugged, i dont do the whole full offensive Malice+ Angush build any more

When i play SnB (rarely) i pick bolstering anger and wave of scorn, after that its what ever fills my fancy