Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Ranged dok dps spec.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[DOK] Ranged dok dps spec.

Post#1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:50 pm

An advice from old timer- try this one for dps : http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 9:;0:0:0:0:

All talis into toughness, maxed RR toughness, rest crit. Resists jewelry set. Chalice.

Few points:

1. You mitigate 60-70% of inc dmg, got quite a bit of healing, and plenty of SE regen (from chalice and Fist spam)- much harder to kill then usual dps dok which dies asap unless he got a target to Rend off.
2. Both covenants and Khaine's Imbuement dot trigger off ranged- with this spec, dok actually turns into rdps. Not a sorc, but I did kill quite a few sws with ranged only back in the day.
3. Covenants/ Khaine's Imbuement dot don't scale with strength, so you can both do a pretty decent dmg with low strength, and burn tanks (since ability not scaling with strength= ability ignoring toughness)- back on live, as RR 70 sh dok I was quite capable of killing RR100 def tanks. They can crit btw, so the dmg does scales with crit.
4. Its a solo kill build, and not max dmg build- you outlast them, and kill kiters with ranged- its not about burst dms.

Have fun.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
tazdingo

Re: [DOK] Ranged dok dps spec.

Post#2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 am

this actually sounds pretty fun, i love weird builds

any more practical tips?

Zxul

Post#3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:17 pm

tazdingo wrote:this actually sounds pretty fun, i love weird builds

any more practical tips?
Small things mostly.

If they ever implement weapons with snare proc, get one asap- those are AM killers.

Run lifetap Covenant and switch to snare one when needed- in melee you often don't have time to switch, and that extra healing helps when you are in high mitigation setup.

Use Essence Lash instead of Fist when target is in range- since its instacast it has including GCD 1 sec total cast time, compared to 2 sec for Fist- so it does practically x2 dmg.

Get dot pots, and backpack- those do ranged dmg (unmitigated at least back on live)- which adds quite a bit of ranged dmg (total 2 k unmitigated dmg from what I remember for pot +brew backpack).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm

I remember critting 1k FoK back on live when I was playing rr100 DoK, it was only possible due to insane WF crit hit increaser procs (which applied for both crits, heal + dmg)

but apparently a rdps DoK spec is still less niche than a mdps shaman spec... :D

maybe get a sorc to give you dmg procs, so you can get more of those procs for killing people with FoK? would be a weird ranged duo, rdps dok and sorc....

jgas

Post#5 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:07 pm

how about recording some ingame footage? the idea sounds cute, but i think the dots would be mitigated by their own hp regen.
High Elves get triggered by my Avatar.

Penril

Post#6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Question to OP: Have you tried this in RoR (current version of the game) or is your advice only based on live (WAR, rr100) past experience?

Both games are very different now. And yeah, this was a nice little trololol spec useful mostly for dueling ranged enemies.

Zxul

Post#7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Penril wrote:Question to OP: Have you tried this in RoR (current version of the game) or is your advice only based on live (WAR, rr100) past experience?

Both games are very different now. And yeah, this was a nice little trololol spec useful mostly for dueling ranged enemies.
I did play RoR as well with this spec, left over a year ago though. It did however worked just fine in RoR back then.

Not sure what did change compared to live, wasn't really following, however unless there was a major change to core mechanics (how toughness mitigates dmg for example), should still work just fine.

Edit: The point with this specific build is not just ranged, but in general survival over max dps- pretty much the opposite of the usual dps dok. Toughness mitigation/heals to survive (made sure to have both over 800 toughness and maxed TB back on live) , ranged to have counter to kiters, and procs to let you both do ranged dmg, and still do decent dmg in melee with low strength.

Zxul

Post#8 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:54 pm

@Penril

Reading the ICD changes- only change that I found in patch notes is 1 sec ICD on snare/lifetap proc- is that it? If so, will have no effect for ranged, and small effect on melee (since the spec is chalice/ no AA haste tactic).

Or there were some other changes to Covenants as well?

Ads
Foltestik

Post#9 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 am

i always think that melee DoK is the worst what you can meet in sc. But you suprise me you make worst spec :D

Zxul

Post#10 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:58 am

Foltestik wrote:i always think that melee DoK is the worst what you can meet in sc. But you suprise me you make worst spec :D
Its a solo roaming spec, not a sc premade one.

However, just spamming Fist in mass scs I did manage to get into a pretty decent place on scores- 1 sec cast time spammable ranged attack which you can cast on the run is not something rdps casters have for example. And 50% heal debuff on ranged is pretty good as well.