Recent Topics

Ads

Failing at a WE, send help!

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toldavf

Re: Failing at a WE, send help!

Post#31 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 pm

You will probably find your rate of kills improves as you play. A big part of success on witch elf comes from knowledge of what you are actually trying to kill rather than knowledge of the witch elf class its self. http://waronlinebuilder.org/# have a browse through the career builder it can teach you a bit about how most classes should be approached.

As a squishy mdps you can expect to be punished for any mistakes you make. The important part here is to learn from what you do wrong.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
nydig

Post#32 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 pm

The trick to we is to gear full dps and then play defensive. Even in a 1v1 detaunt can and will win you fights when used before knock downs. In sc be awear of your debuffs and back out when loaded up. Dont go into backlines to try to kill ranged and heals. Kill what comes to you. Assist with others hit the same targets when you can. Run witchbrew. Dont be afraid to hit over extended tanks. Build combo points on safe easy targets then stealth and go for the real targets.

the only thing that sucks about fighting witch hunters is the fact that on this server sever blessing is defendable and on live you could sever off repel even from the front. Every class can be beaten 1v1 by a we and they can solo sc and 6v6 very well. My best advice though is even though going the pierce armor spec will kill from a opener slightly faster on squishy targets in 1v1, witchbrew is still the better all around spec. You wont kill tanks or decent healers that use detaunts without the heal debuff and magic dmg. When fighting dps you dont need a full 5 point wb you can open and wracking pains a melee while running out of range before they react you can free up a free gcd to 3 point wb run back in detaunt right away they will knock you down and proc your taste of blood tactic for 10% more dmg then stand up knock them down and kill them before they stand up.

Just some thoughts and tips from a washed up has been.

freshour
Banned

Post#33 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm

So how exactly can you implement this class into SC groups? I have a few WE's in my guild, semi alts but pretty dang geared up. I'm just curious what is the best setup? I know WH's can make SC's work, not sure about premades, but I'm curious how a WE can perform? Obviously you'd need a shaman because of the sheer amount of burst heals required when you get focused but is it pretty viable?

I know the viability of the DD dok is in its self sustain despite all of the nerfs, but WE's I always hear are gimped, nowhere near what they were on live, but it'd be so much fun to actually get these guys to play their WE's if I only knew how to make them not explode in SC's.

dansari

Post#34 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Adverbs 6man a few weeks ago: chosen, BG, WE, Mara, dok, shaman. Lots of burst potential and hard to kill, plus the amount of buffs you can pump into your DPS from the BG helps. Partyelf also does this in Phalanx 6mans.
<Salt Factory>

freshour
Banned

Post#35 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Okay cool. So it is possible then! I just get sick of the constant RDPS groups we run and I'm slowly getting these guys into a melee'ish mindset. Recently, we did dual DoK (I was DD) with a BO, and Chosen, and Soj on Zealot and Chopmasta. We absolutely were WRECKING PEOPLE. But I'm curious... since the BO and Choppa are out of guild, if I wanted to incorporate a WE for Choppa, I think BG obviously has the most "You aren't gonna die" potential, but is there any way that a WE and DoK can sync up? If the WE is taking care of the HD's, the DoK can spec AP drain setup which I think technically could be nasty.

thoughts?

dansari

Post#36 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Hmm I'm probably the worst person to ask about group setups because I don't really know the tools each class has available to it. I think you'll be lacking if you don't have some sort of armor debuff with at least one heal debuff (as a general rule; I know the WE has good heal debuffs). The WE has a lot of burst but it's supplemented by a wounds/armor debuff from Mara, among other things in the group.

I think your group would be susceptible to ranged groups running a 3-2-1.. if I'm running my SW I can slow your dok and kite with a BW/WL to obliterate the Sham in your backline before your group can react (or, the opposite problem.. I run a 2-2-2 with shield tanks and you can't output enough DPS to get any kills). That's all theoretical though
<Salt Factory>

freshour
Banned

Post#37 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Yeah I agree, well WE does heal debuffs, BG's are good for the armor debuff, I can run the heal debuff as well, but if one less tactic for utility means more damage/heals pending on what is needed. My main priority is just if they are able to actually stay alive lol. I swear they go 100 to 0 so dang fast. I love the DoK/Zeal Dok/Sham that way one healer is at least remotely tanky, also it was fun because if one of the healers died, I'd rez while the other healer kept healing rather than her rez and I keep DPS'ing which ends up with someone else dying and the cycle continuing. Our zealot was like braindead drunk and we went 6 v 15 in open RVR combat and just slaughtered them. Mostly because I think they thought they were just going to roll us. But okay, good talk :P

dansari

Post#38 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Hahaha yeah I see the appeal of a 3 healer setup.. I'd say the WE would just need to spec more defensively with rr or yeah if you compliment it with a BG you can keep it beefy with dark protector buffs.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Miszczu5647

Post#39 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:36 pm

freshour wrote: My main priority is just if they are able to actually stay alive lol. I swear they gio 100 to 0 so dang fast.
Use Sacrifce Rewarded tactics.
Buy CW.
Spec parry (lots of good jewellery out there for this).
Run 3 piece mercenary or dominator (for wounds).
Spec wounds from renown.
Use detaunt ;)

Maybe not everything at once but those are my ideas to stay alive as WE.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

tlitschye

Post#40 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:33 pm

id rather play a WE with a mara as 2nd dps or also a sorc is nice. A DOK as 2nd dps is quite nice if its starilas, BUT the synergies between DOK and WE are not that good.
If you wanna play the DOK then take a mara with you, for all the debuffs, the dok profits more.