Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Utility discussion

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [BG] Utility discussion

Post#101 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:38 am

Aurandilaz wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
Drudge wrote:I dont think its silly I find it constructive, maybe i exagurated slightly but im trying to be lively instead of boring. Im simply trying to highlight the strengths of the class. Ifyour gonna run a melee train then dont use a BG bring a BO, but if your gonna bring a couple sorcs n magus along, throw the BG in there and run with it. But hey im not trying to be serious dude im just playing video games.
The BG is a very good tank but in a team centric game is does lag behind in what it gives the group as a whole, the premise was a reverse IB, while the IB gives buffs the BG was to take them from the "dark protector" he had chosen which, like the pet class tank design for the White lion (swordmaster was to be the dps) fell down so they made it feed hate and give minimal buffs from the BG.

On its own, its excellent, group wise the other tanks all offer more, the IB gives 8 buffs (cursory glance) to its oath friend while the BG offers two, and not very good ones.

Still, you never know what I may get up to.
I posted a suggestion regarding DP back in February before the Balance&Suggestion forums were closed, any idea if there is any hope that some of them may be discussed one day? Not expecting miracles, but still hoping for anything. :)
Of course. The Balance forums weren't closed forever. It just was not something we were pursuing at the time. Largely because Az had stopped doing so. We didn't want to have endless balance discussions when there was no balance work being done. When the time is right, we will re-open them and get back to making changes where we can.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Drudge

Post#102 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 am

You guys gotta fight the meta and think outside the box. Hatin on the BG so much makes me wanna roll one they look sick from just reading the skills. Too bad I just cant resist puntin stuntiez!!!

boog

Post#103 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:50 am

Drudge wrote:You guys gotta fight the meta and think outside the box. Hatin on the BG so much makes me wanna roll one they look sick from just reading the skills. Too bad I just cant resist puntin stuntiez!!!
They are so much fun. I stopped playing my Chosen because I preferred the BG over it, especially because I felt Chosen was easymode. People make it sound like they are a gimp worthless class which could not be farther from the truth they just lack overall group utility the other tanks have. I abandoned this thread because it became nothing but a bunch of people crying BG sucks and pointless arguing instead of focusing on what the primary point was. Giving BG better group utility.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Bozzax

Post#104 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 am

boog wrote: People make it sound like they are a gimp worthless class which could not be farther from the truth they just lack overall group utility the other tanks have. I abandoned this thread because it became nothing but a bunch of people crying BG sucks and pointless arguing instead of focusing on what the primary point was. Giving BG better group utility.
BG is far from pointless and I don't see the chosen / mara overlap as a problem at all.

1v1 - a beast (tough, good damage, self regen)
6v6 - reasonable mainly because ST damage output and ST cc are what counts

ORVR - fails as aoe CC and reducing incoming damage on group / guard is the real metric

BG tweaks that that would increase util for ORVR
- Crush Vitality tactic improved to where it can give something similar to BO/Chosen passive group mitigation
Spoiler:
Chosen
- Passive Resist aura (reduces inc magic damage group)
- Passive Toughness aura (reduces inc damage damage group)
- Passive Strength aura (reduces inc damage group by lowering the outgoing damage)

BO
- Savin Me hide (buff reduces inc magic damage group)
- Big Swing (debuff reduces inc damage group by lowering the outgoing damage)
- Statsteal or Greenest (random)
  • Toughness statsteal (buff reduces inc damage damage group)
    Weaponskill statsteal (buff reduces inc damage damage group)
    Initiative statsteal (buff reduces inc damage damage group)
    Greenest (buff reduces inc magic damage group)
    Greenest (buff reduces inc physical damage group)
BG
- Crush vitality (random debuff reduces inc damage group by lowering the outgoing damage (AA) )
- Dark Protector buffs tweaked a bit to yield a similar ST survivability increase like IBs avoidance/inibuff
- Parry tactic and toughness tactic change places (parry is and remains the only tactic you can't be without as a guarding tank )
- AP group regen on parry made core

Changes that would be nice
- None Shall Pass moved back 6pts as it is such nice combo with self regen and helps SnB group builds. Alternative NSP at 10pts and AOE snare at 6pts
- FoF moved to 14pts as it is similar to Vigilance

1v1 - still a beast
6v6 - still reasonable

ORVR - ok?
  • + group AP-regen
    + reduction to groups incoming damage (costs a tactic)
    + increase survivability to dark protector (similar to what IB provide)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

roadkillrobin

Post#105 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 am

Still thinks a AoE Morale Strip Shout with a ceiling of 100% that cost up to 100 Hate/Grudges with a massive CD would be the best. For ORVR AoE morale bombs are a real stinker in term of gameplay and a tool like this would defintly open spots for both classes in warbands.