Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] Some general questions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rekoom

[Witch Elf] Some general questions

Post#1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:41 am

Hi Guys,

Recently joined and found that I enjoy Witch Elf gameplay the most and will main that; so I have a couple of questions:

1. Does Envenomed Blade DOT damage get interesting at high levels (say as WB spec - it doesn't seem too poor at low levels) or it's always better to spend the limited time we have alive spamming more direct damage abilities? Does Septic Blade reduce crit chance BY 25% (e.g. the guy has 25% crit chance on me and it gets reduced to 0% or he has 25% to crit me and it gets reduced to 18.75%)?

2. HRT seems pretty lackluster damage-wise, the Wounds debuff is applied first and damage second and it's not even as strong as the Marauder one despite being a finisher. Duration is also pretty short. Any point in using it over Puncture?

3. When doing a range finisher on someone you know you will have a hard time catching, isn't it always better to use the channeled one since you get more hits/chances to proc kisses/damage using it?

4. Do % damage increase tactics stack or are they slotted by preference (e.g. preferring ToB in group play could make sense vs. Flanking for example)? If they don't stack, it it currently an oversight or they did not on live either?

5. How does For The Hag Queen work with WB?

6. Kiss of betrayal vs. healers (maybe with BLB on top) to AP starve them or always better to Kiss of Doom?

Finally I'd like to ask for a way to gear prep for T4 (I'll follow general consensus and go Ruin first):

- with bolstering in T2/T3 is there any point in upgrading gear that is sub lvl 30? Should I just slot wounds/armor talis everywhere since strength is already increased by quite an amount?

- Any specific INF rewards that are BIS and should not be missed?

- How is the current BIS looking like?

I know you are now all in Wracking Pains from my wall of text so thanks for reading :)
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Ads
Panzerkasper

Re: [Witch Elf] Some general questions

Post#2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:02 am

Rekoom wrote:Hi Guys,

Recently joined and found that I enjoy Witch Elf gameplay the most and will main that; so I have a couple of questions:

1. Does Envenomed Blade DOT damage get interesting at high levels (say as WB spec - it doesn't seem too poor at low levels) or it's always better to spend the limited time we have alive spamming more direct damage abilities? Does Septic Blade reduce crit chance BY 25% (e.g. the guy has 25% crit chance on me and it gets reduced to 0% or he has 25% to crit me and it gets reduced to 18.75%)?

2. HRT seems pretty lackluster damage-wise, the Wounds debuff is applied first and damage second and it's not even as strong as the Marauder one despite being a finisher. Duration is also pretty short. Any point in using it over Puncture?

3. When doing a range finisher on someone you know you will have a hard time catching, isn't it always better to use the channeled one since you get more hits/chances to proc kisses/damage using it?

4. Do % damage increase tactics stack or are they slotted by preference (e.g. preferring ToB in group play could make sense vs. Flanking for example)? If they don't stack, it it currently an oversight or they did not on live either?

6. Kiss of betrayal vs. healers (maybe with BLB on top) to AP starve them or always better to Kiss of Doom?

Finally I'd like to ask for a way to gear prep for T4 (I'll follow general consensus and go Ruin first):

- with bolstering in T2/T3 is there any point in upgrading gear that is sub lvl 30? Should I just slot wounds/armor talis everywhere since strength is already increased by quite an amount?

I know you are now all in Wracking Pains from my wall of text so thanks for reading :)
1. EB Dot is pretty useless, i can be cleansed and the damage is not the best. You will get better results with AW and Slice. Second part of the question i cant answer for sure, but it reads like it reduces his crit chance by 25%, so if he has 25% he then has 0%.

2. Puncture>HRT. Chosen and Mara have good wounds debuff, only if you have none of them near, then maybe bring one HRT into the rotation.

3. In this particular scenario, when you chase someone who kites you and you can reach, FM is quite good to finish him off. Remember your throwing dagger slows also if it hits someone from the side. So if someone is running away always throw a dagger first. BTW: a tactic set with Swift pursuit in it, is great if you wanna jump kiters.

4. viewtopic.php?f=73&t=20589

5. Does not work with WB

6. Forget KoB, KoD and KoA is your bread and butter.

Actually every T4 set is pretty good for WE, depends a bit on your spec. I run around a lot with 2 sets combined to get double str bonus. Socketing a good mix of wounds and Str is a god way to go.

The 3rd inf reward from T4 greenskins is one of the best weapons in game. The epic quest reward from Annihilation is really good (800 armor reduce proc). Maybe the belt from Elves.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Miszczu5647

Post#3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am

Rekoom wrote:Hi Guys,

Panzer answerd your question pretty good. Let me add something.
3. Ruthless Assault is very good against main WL tactic. You know, they send their lion and bunny hoop from you (did you notice how funny their skirts looks like then :D ). RA helps me keep pressure on them.

6. AP drain kiss is weakest IMO but you can use it sometimes. I found it pretty good against dps WP. Dunno why but it works. Also if your target healer is close to save haven you can try AP starve him. But mostly what Panzer said.

Good luck :)
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Rekoom

Post#4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks for the good replies so far! Regarding the tactic question, the topic linked by Panzerkasper does not really offer a clear cut answer, people seem to say they should stack but they shouldn't or even that some work on some abilities and not the others (WB and ToB for example).

Anyone has a clearer idea? Is running both Flanking and TOB useless?
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 am

I'm running both ToB and Flanking, and my damage is bretty gud. AFAIK tactic damage bonuses do stack, but if Krima says there is some bug regarding Witchbrew, it might be just related to that. (with Brew somehow not scaling with Flanking+ToB, don't know since I'm not using WB spec)

also refarding inf rewards; you will want T3 empire belt that has crit in it, it's one of the best belts for WE until you get stuff like Conqueror belt. (very late game)

current BiS:
full Conq if you simply can
otherwise 5 piece Annihilator for +5 crit
or a combination of Anni-Beastlord-Dominator for various Str+Wounds bonuses, or even 2/2/2 for max str, or 3+3 for 2xstr/wounds bonus
T3 inf belt with crit, T4 inf cloak with crit (unless beastlord cloak for set bonuses)
get best Str jewel, or if you have some other plan, you could also try stuff like wounds stacking
Genesis set is nice, I use 3 piece atm with the jewels that give best str+meleepower
T4 inf jewel with +27 str is nice
T4 inf weapon with very fast attack speed is more or less a must, and every WE seems to be using that one
offhand either T4 sc weapon or epic quest weapon or another T4 inf weapon

Panzerkasper

Post#6 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Can you post you spec? Im always interested in non-WB specs.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 am

Panzerkasper wrote:Can you post you spec? Im always interested in non-WB specs.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... 9:;0:0:0:0:

I pop out of stealth, use PA as opener, then pop EoIP and either hit OYK or HS
target either dies or gets away, but, then I still got 2nd KD available so I can switch to next target, knock them down with the other KD that is not on CD, kill that one, then move to another target, whilst rotating my KDs.
Instead of just having HS with a 20 sec KD, I have 2 KDs which actually end up being useful, because I can hop from butchering one target to the next target without worrying about 20 sec HS cd.
Rank 60 get anti-disrupt Elixir, and at 70 maybe try dropping something and going for Masterful Treachery.

I have no need to "wait" until going for next assault/charge; and with proper team I'm putting on constant pressure and knocking things to their death right and left. Damage output is excellent and deathblows keep raining.

Panzerkasper

Post#8 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:50 am

Using someting similar atm. waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Elf build

Was a bit fooling around witht the two tactics from the Carnage tree and Riposte + Sacrifices Rewarded. Tested it against tanks and melees and it turns out quite ok actually.
Normally i would use your skillset, except i wouldnt go for HS but for EotC

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Rekoom

Post#9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:16 am

So I'm in T2/3 now and wondering, with the aggressive bolstering happening, how should I gear up? Does it even matter? I get a feeling the 2 most boosted stats are STR and Wounds, should I just pour all my gear/talis in Toughness or Armor or stacking more STR still matters? (sorry for asking again but this was not covered by anyone as far as I could see)

Also regarding tactics, what would you go with at low levels? I kind of enjoy working with Whirling Blades currently but it's sometimes hard to track and I might not make the full use of it (especially since finishers are quite weak at the moment to be honest).

Absolutely loving the gameplay so far and I don't even have most of the end game abilities :P.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Miszczu5647

Post#10 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Rekoom wrote:So I'm in T2/3 now and wondering, with the aggressive bolstering happening, how should I gear up? Does it even matter? I get a feeling the 2 most boosted stats are STR and Wounds, should I just pour all my gear/talis in Toughness or Armor or stacking more STR still matters? (sorry for asking again but this was not covered by anyone as far as I could see)

Also regarding tactics, what would you go with at low levels? I kind of enjoy working with Whirling Blades currently but it's sometimes hard to track and I might not make the full use of it (especially since finishers are quite weak at the moment to be honest).

Absolutely loving the gameplay so far and I don't even have most of the end game abilities :P.
IMO you need to focus on gathering gear for your t4 adventure. When you reach lvl 24 go for skaven ring quest (with parry is the best IMO). With rest this quest should give you lvl 25. Try to work for t3 empire influence belt (with crit). I don't know if this is possible with current t3 activity but you should try.

When reaching lvl 28 you should start farming t4 PQ for Ruin set. With gold bag Opt Out option enabled it's quite easy (if you find 3-4 to help you).

Around lvl 35 go for weapon epic quest. Chose what you like (my preferences - high auto attack speed).

Quite easy to obtain are ToK jewelery. Strife and Torment for parry or Wind Impervious for higher resists. You will find on this forum guide for those rings.

Above is minimal IMO to start t4. And t2/t3 are only steps to end game.

As for tactics I am huge fan of Sacrifices Rewarded. Try it :)
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen