Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen: New 13pt Abilities and Builds

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
iagdtod

Chosen: New 13pt Abilities and Builds

Post#1 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:29 pm

I thought it might be useful to share how the changes in the patch to Chosen 13pt abilities might work out for builds for snb warband tank. Feel free to suggest builds for other kinds of builds. Here's the new 13pt skills:

- Oppression - Now additionally reduces damage taken of group members within 100 ft by 15% for 5 seconds.

- Tzeentch’s Reflection (TR) - No longer buffs your willpower and initiative. Instead it gives the following effect: Group members within 100 ft become surrounded by a magical barrier for 10 seconds, which will absorb up to 1162 magical damage for each person. Action Point cost increased from 20 to 35.

To fit them in there's some interesting choices to be made between the 13pters, AP aura, quake and maybe even mixed defences. I find Tzeentch's Reflection sounds a bit underwhelming (only magic damage, 1100? that's less than a green heal pot but is ae)

This is one I'll try. It loses quake but keeps pretty much everything else including all auras. It can be gotten to with rr70 RoR.builders - Chosen

This one at rr60, loses AP Aura, gets oppression but not TR. At RR70 you can flip this to get mixed defence and TR instead of Oppression RoR.builders - Chosen

Or why choose? At Sov+2 you can get both Oppression, TR, KD, Quake and mixed def, no extra auras but could drop quake or kd for one or two: RoR.builders - Chosen

Maybe other interesting builds? Just now need some time to take this out into the field and see what works better over my standard current wb snb build: RoR.builders - Chosen
Deleuze Chosen

Ads
Kyphus

Re: Chosen: New 13pt Abilities and Builds

Post#2 » Fri May 03, 2024 8:46 pm

The dev commentary suggested that the changes to these abilities were supposed to improve them and not nerf the class, but I think the changes to Tzeentch’s Reflection are an absolute nerf to the ability. The current version allows you to potentially stand in the middle of a zerg and SILENCE all of their casters which is a far more powerful than a relatively small damage shield. A silenced caster puts out ZERO damage and the benefits are not limited to your group.

Furthermore, the current ability synergizes much better with the tree. The increased disrupt chance and willpower stack with Hold the Line, and directly benefit both tactics in the same tree Siphoned Energy (heal on disrupt) and Embrace the Winds (boost to healing). The new ability just kind of sits there on its own. Given a choice, I would rather them leave it as is.

CyunUnderis

Post#3 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 pm

Kyphus wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:46 pm The dev commentary suggested that the changes to these abilities were supposed to improve them and not nerf the class, but I think the changes to Tzeentch’s Reflection are an absolute nerf to the ability. The current version allows you to potentially stand in the middle of a zerg and SILENCE all of their casters which is a far more powerful than a relatively small damage shield. A silenced caster puts out ZERO damage and the benefits are not limited to your group.

Furthermore, the current ability synergizes much better with the tree. The increased disrupt chance and willpower stack with Hold the Line, and directly benefit both tactics in the same tree Siphoned Energy (heal on disrupt) and Embrace the Winds (boost to healing). The new ability just kind of sits there on its own. Given a choice, I would rather them leave it as is.
I guess you didn't try the ability before posting this.

The silence still exist. Same for the 25% dissipation bonus.

Kyphus

Post#4 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 pm

Yup actually was just going off of the patch notes which implied (at least on my read through) that one was replacing the other. Pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong and excited about the new version.

Stinksuit

Post#5 » Sat May 04, 2024 6:00 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 pm
Kyphus wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:46 pm The dev commentary suggested that the changes to these abilities were supposed to improve them and not nerf the class, but I think the changes to Tzeentch’s Reflection are an absolute nerf to the ability. The current version allows you to potentially stand in the middle of a zerg and SILENCE all of their casters which is a far more powerful than a relatively small damage shield. A silenced caster puts out ZERO damage and the benefits are not limited to your group.

In the picture it says increase disrupt for 0s? Maybe its just a typo in the tooltip, have yet to test it myself.

Stinksuit

Post#6 » Sat May 04, 2024 6:50 am

Stinksuit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:00 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 pm

In the picture it says increase disrupt for 0s? Maybe its just a typo in the tooltip, have yet to test it myself.
I did check it and it does give you the disrupt for 10s. It seems that the 25% disrupt and absorb are 2 separate enchantments so enemies cannot remove both at the same time either :)

CyunUnderis

Post#7 » Sat May 04, 2024 7:48 am

I just saw your message @Stink. Yes, this is just a tooltip error, like almost every new skills that been update in the last patch.

Also, the % dissipation bonus still stack with Hold the Line.

diegomess

Post#8 » Sun May 05, 2024 4:18 am

the silence part on tzeentch reflection has always been the worst part, it gives immunities to casters that could be punted back or killed in KD.

A silence at long range the caster will barely feel it and can still pursue the target or escape, it does more harm than good in most organized situations, they should just remove it... now it is nerfed with the willpower gone because it was 5% more disrupt.

devs should look rending blade tho, just a bland low dmg boring aoe that does nothing but dmg, feels more like a core ability rather than a 13pt one
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Ads
diegomess

Post#9 » Sun May 05, 2024 4:21 am

also im pretty sure that TR and hold the line disrupt do not stack because they are both abilities, i checked it with .getstats long time ago
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

mazi761111

Post#10 » Sun May 05, 2024 4:34 am

diegomess wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:21 am also im pretty sure that TR and hold the line disrupt do not stack because they are both abilities, i checked it with .getstats long time ago
hi,,,miss me? :D
choson:badchosen
chopa:bigpanties