Recent Topics

Ads

Def/ Regen Maraurder build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
akeskin69

Def/ Regen Maraurder build

Post#1 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 pm

Hi,

I know that def/regen WE build is viable for solo roaming or 1vs1.

What about Def/regen marauder build? Is this also viable?

If yes, what RR and gear i need for BIS?

Thanks in advance!

Ads
nat3s

Re: Def/ Regen Maraurder build

Post#2 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:46 pm

It's ok for tickling melee to death, but loses to regen WH and dps AM which is most of its engagements whilst solo roaming.

Mediocre at best as a 1v1 solo roaming spec imo.

If you want to do well solo, roll a dps AM/Sham or regen WH/WE. Nothing else touches them atm. IB, SM and Chosen can do ok, but again get blapped by AMs/Shams and a WH/WE will be able to bail if losing to you.

Just make sure to go hybrid spec on the AM and dual HoT spec as a dps Shaman. Detaunt > AP drain > Puddle/KB > Heal for 5-10 seconds before you DoT someone up (AP drain doesn't interrupt detaunt so it's basically an i-win button - they need to fix that).

1v1 meta hasn't changed much in the last 3-4 years.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

HammerGuy

Post#3 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:09 pm

Marauder works better in a duo with a tank than solo. The marauder go do respectable damage, and is fairly tough. The enemy will try to take the marauder out first, but with a guard it's not going to be quick. If the marauder gets halfway dead, he can go monstrosity and heal up.

The marauder also brings pull and can charge, so it's a lot easier to catch people that try to kite or disengage. This is important because tanks have a limited ability to catch kiters and runners.

Marauders don't have the necessary tools to solo as well as a WH/WE or a AM/Shaman. WH/WE can choose their fights more easily (stealth) and disengage almost as easily. AM/Shaman can kite, drain AP, and heal, all while doing damage. Marauders have to choose between doing damage in brutality or healing up with less damage in monstrosity.

yoluigi

Post#4 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:13 pm

you better off ambushing people with a high dps spec and run away after that. Nt3s is also right it's the same shity solo meta since 3-4 years it's annoying.

wildwindblows

Post#5 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:40 pm

akeskin69 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 pm Hi,

Thanks in advance!
İm also trying def mara. This class have lack of brust anyway and it is not shinning in duo play as people thinks. The reasons are: skill modifier nerfs in previous patches, piercing bite tactic NERF, TB nerf.

Regarding to def mara problems: you have no damage because you have only 2 skill (wreckingball, pulzevire) to apply proper damage and these skills have high cooldown.

wildwindblows

Post#6 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:36 pm

akeskin69 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 pm Hi,

Thanks in advance!
You need X5 def sov + X3 victorious (one of them should be ring). You can buy parry lotd jewel and reduce chance to be crit cape/jewel set.

Also you can try T4 lair 184 HP regen chest and kv lair jewels to Max your HP regen. İ also tried this and reach to 108hit regen/sec. With monstro proc your hp regen will be 314 per sec.

Stats: After get +600 thouhness (around 700 recommended) and try to get STR near soft cap and try to Max crit.

Sofong

Post#7 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:57 pm

might just play tank with regen gear/rr, u do trash dmg, less than tank most likely, and will never be as tanky as real tanks.