Recent Topics

Ads

magus range

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lion1986

magus range

Post#1 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am

sorry for disturb
I noticed that magus talent in path of changiong who increases the range of my skill continuously bugs out. Is there any solution to it? My spells are awlays 65ft range and they reset to such valor each time i move/summon/swap demon.

Ads
diedrake

Re: magus range

Post#2 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 am

Kind of hard to read what you are asking but what little i know about magus as i am starting to build one myself.
Basics your mechanic is the horrors: when you summon one and stand within 30 feet of it you gain a stack and depending on the horror you gain bonuses per stack with max stack of 8 ( 16 secs after summoning)

Each horror has its own bonuses associated to the type along with increased damage per stack.
Pink: long range
Blue: reduced range but dots tick off faster
Flamer: med range dots tick of little faster can cast change spells on move and increased distance you can be to have tour stacks.

If you are at 8 stacks and move out of range of horror, you will lose your bonus stacks

Resummon same horror/change to diferent horror: stacks attained vanish and have to start over ( another 16 secs for max stacks)

The ability to move your horror to your position ( skill that looks like teleport rings): if at 8 stacks after using the teleport you drop to 4 stacks and have 8 secs for max stacks.

To help with keeping an eye on your distance from your horror there is an addon for it, but off the top of my head i forgot what its called.

From what i gather from your post, you might be confused on the mechanic of the magus/ engie as they both have same mechanic. Its not a bug, its the core of the classes.

Its up to you to decide which horror to use in each engagement. Personally i plan on being demo spec as whs are everywhere so my main horrors i use a lot are the flamer and blue horror. Only really use pink horror durring keep sieges or defences.

I hope this explination helped a little, but keep in mind each horror has a discription of what bonuses they give you on top of increased damage.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Lion1986

Post#3 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:53 am

diedrake wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:46 am Kind of hard to read what you are asking but what little i know about magus as i am starting to build one myself.
Basics your mechanic is the horrors: when you summon one and stand within 30 feet of it you gain a stack and depending on the horror you gain bonuses per stack with max stack of 8 ( 16 secs after summoning)

Each horror has its own bonuses associated to the type along with increased damage per stack.
Pink: long range
Blue: reduced range but dots tick off faster
Flamer: med range dots tick of little faster can cast change spells on move and increased distance you can be to have tour stacks.

If you are at 8 stacks and move out of range of horror, you will lose your bonus stacks

Resummon same horror/change to diferent horror: stacks attained vanish and have to start over ( another 16 secs for max stacks)

The ability to move your horror to your position ( skill that looks like teleport rings): if at 8 stacks after using the teleport you drop to 4 stacks and have 8 secs for max stacks.

To help with keeping an eye on your distance from your horror there is an addon for it, but off the top of my head i forgot what its called.

From what i gather from your post, you might be confused on the mechanic of the magus/ engie as they both have same mechanic. Its not a bug, its the core of the classes.

Its up to you to decide which horror to use in each engagement. Personally i plan on being demo spec as whs are everywhere so my main horrors i use a lot are the flamer and blue horror. Only really use pink horror durring keep sieges or defences.

I hope this explination helped a little, but keep in mind each horror has a discription of what bonuses they give you on top of increased damage.
Demonic reach simply does not apply to my spells. For example: pandemonium is 65FT range. With reach slotted, still remains 65ft range. I need to change tactics again to see it go up to 81. After that, if i summon ANY demon, it drops back to 65ft range with tactic slotted (tested with horror out).

diedrake

Post#4 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:07 am

Hmm yeah that does sound like a bug. Have you asked in game about it? I am currently not in game myself and again, just starting to build a magus myself. The more expierenced magus players would know more about that tactic and if its working still. Might be lil hard as its not prime time for either eu or us right now though.

But thankfully devs manages these forums a lot so they will see your post soon i am sure.

Sorry if i was unhelpful the first post you had up was a little confusing to understand what you were getting at. Or rather i might be tired ha. Again sorry dude.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:37 pm

RoR.builders - Magus

That spec with Flamer is very nice because you can use alot of skills while moving with flamer and faster dots can do really nice dmg. Havoc is must in any spec i just dont see reasons not to go DISARM and UNDEFENDABLE super hard hitting spell + INDIGO FIRE. Havent been on my magus for about week but if Daemonic Reach resets when you change Daemon it is definetely bug.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

zulnam

Post#6 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:40 pm

Are you below Rank 40? It's pretty known that some abilities/tactics bug out when entering RvR.

Try unslotting and reslotting the tactic.

Also make sure you have the game fully patched. If you've taken a longer break it's a good idea to restart the launcher once or twice before launching the game, to make sure you got all the patches.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Lion1986

Post#7 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:09 am

zulnam wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:40 pm Are you below Rank 40? It's pretty known that some abilities/tactics bug out when entering RvR.

Try unslotting and reslotting the tactic.

Also make sure you have the game fully patched. If you've taken a longer break it's a good idea to restart the launcher once or twice before launching the game, to make sure you got all the patches.
yeah i checked files also before launch. so far it happens when i swap in rvr lakes.