Recent Topics

Ads

SnB Chosen wep/shield for endgame advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
valadorn5

SnB Chosen wep/shield for endgame advice

Post#1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:09 am

I have searched through the forums and found countless chosen info about built and equipment, but not about weaponry. I am referring to a defensive snb chosen that needs to support 6-24men. I will tag all the available choices:

https://imgur.com/a/RmFuIcL

I added the 51 sc wep that gives regen, cause I heard from some ppl that they like it even without regen built.

IMPORTANT: Please justify your opinion :)
I can start typing what is my opinion, but I am opening a topic to learn yours.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: SnB Chosen wep/shield for endgame advice

Post#2 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:11 am

To me, the BiS S/B combo is [Shieldbearer's Herald of Anathema] with [Sentry's Chaosaxe of Tyranny] or [Sentry's Chaosaxe of Anathema] (strenght instead of regeneration, a bit more wounds/toughness).

I don't like the disrupt bonus of [Sentry's Herald of Anathema] because you can easily have access to disrupt thanks to Hold the line and I prefer the parry bonus of [Shieldbearer's Herald of Anathema] to parry guard damage.

I tried a few times the [Fortress Guard] but I didn't notice if I survived more during WB raid thanks to the absorb proc, so no reason to take it.

For weapons, I tried to avoid critical chance bonus because this is not my job as S/B to do damage. So, no [Fortress Labrys] and [Titan's Sword of Anathema].

Between [Fortress Cleaver] or [Sentry's Chaosaxe of Anathema], stats are pretty close. With the right amount of Futile Strike and Initiative, 1% reduction in being critically hit is not that much compare to 2% armor penetration reduction.

valadorn5

Post#3 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:26 pm

Thank you for your response. This makes sense indeed and I am leaning towards the same choices.

Valarion

Post#4 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:20 pm

I just wanted to add that [Fortress Guard] and is a very close second to [Shieldbearer's Herald of Anathema] and that you cant go wrong with either one. So if you do not like scs, you arent gimping yourself much by taking the [Fortress Labrys] and
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted