Recent Topics

Ads

[MAGUS] Stack Toughness as a solo Magus

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

Re: [MAGUS] Stack Toughness as a solo Magus

Post#11 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 am

Tanski wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:45 pm It’s a little more than viable , it’s one of the best solo roam specs.

Edit: This

RoR.builders - Magus

If I wasnt playing order id be playing this shi for sure. Great 1v1 and 1vx potential.

Few years ago but heres some nice video evidence of build in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUyS8NJx2LU
thanks !!:)
can U tell something more about gear or what stats should i aim?

Ads
Lion1986

Post#12 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:20 am

I am no magus champion by any mean. Rift magus should go, I believe, like engi tinkeree. (Stack int instead of BS) Go for soft int cap, stack toughness after that and then futile II and deftIV (stack with flamer bonuses): playing rift magus means pulling ppl toward you, aka exposing yourself to damage burst soyou need to survive!

Cultist

Post#13 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:34 am

In my opinion you're resorting to a 4-5 years old build. Like you I liked this idea of 1vX and have a def magus and a def WE. Still they get melted in seconds even though I use liniments, 700+ toughness, decent dmg and so on. The problem you'll face is the gear gap is too large so there's little to do against Sov WL, Slayers, etc. There's little room to win 1vX at the time being. So my point is: don't waste your money on those ridiculously expensive rings and such, you better powerlevel right to their level and pay attention to others' builds for your class, mostly from veterans. Nobody runs this kind of build past rr70+.

PS: Not to mention this game punishes soloers and roamers heavily. Just my 2 cents.

facundo7777

Post#14 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Cultist wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:34 am In my opinion you're resorting to a 4-5 years old build. Like you I liked this idea of 1vX and have a def magus and a def WE. Still they get melted in seconds even though I use liniments, 700+ toughness, decent dmg and so on. The problem you'll face is the gear gap is too large so there's little to do against Sov WL, Slayers, etc. There's little room to win 1vX at the time being. So my point is: don't waste your money on those ridiculously expensive rings and such, you better powerlevel right to their level and pay attention to others' builds for your class, mostly from veterans. Nobody runs this kind of build past rr70+.

PS: Not to mention this game punishes soloers and roamers heavily. Just my 2 cents.
I agree that 1vx is almost impossilbe these days. Anyaway i think magus has pretty strong 1v1 build but i dont have any experiance in this class and other int classess.

geezereur

Post#15 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am

Its a fun build to play around with from time to time solo in the lakes.
I can get 940 toughness with lini and 850ish intelli,
toughness works decent with absorb tactic and I also get some life regen items on top of that.

facundo7777

Post#16 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 am

geezereur wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am Its a fun build to play around with from time to time solo in the lakes.
toughness works decent with absorb tactic and I also get some life regen items on top of that.
do U suggest to build magus for pure dps first? i play mostly solo or with pugs thats why i was thinking about toughness spec

geezereur

Post#17 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 am
geezereur wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am Its a fun build to play around with from time to time solo in the lakes.
do U suggest to build magus for pure dps first? i play mostly solo or with pugs thats why i was thinking about toughness spec
Yes go for pure dps first and get the good items and sets.

Lion1986

Post#18 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:28 pm

riftstorm build needs MINIMUM full oppressor set to work. Less than that gear you are too fragile.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#19 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:43 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 am
RoR.builders - Magus With Flamer always for fast dots. Take Quick Escape from renown and get staff that has pilfer proc or AP proc. Full Deft Defender/ Full Parry as well because this build is prekite+dots+Flamer and Close Quarters is super good for 1vx and all melee's espesially.

When enemy close use Snare and Warping blast if you want some space, when melee close use infernal blast and Aegis of Orange Fire.When killing/casting free WS/BT/CM/Pandemonium then BoC/MBF/RFF/SVV/IFoC. DIsarm When needed. 1 sec casts with CQ kills most fast. Magus is great solo class.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

sh0tcalla

Post#20 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:20 am

Roukino wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:35 pm I'd like to play rift magus in raid.
Do you think it's possible to play it without sov gear ? If yes, what gear mix to use ?
Is it better to slot toughness tali or armor tali ?
Should i still cap intell ?
Yes in retail we ran very successful and OP rift magus 6 man premades all day and would roll entire warbands. 2 heals. 1 tanks. 1 sorc(bomb spec). 1 any dps and YOU the rift magus. It was some of the best days i ever had in retail. And we all did it in annihilator gear before anyone even had ever 1 SOV piece.