Recent Topics

Ads

[MAGUS] Stack Toughness as a solo Magus

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

Re: [MAGUS] Stack Toughness as a solo Magus

Post#21 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:35 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:43 pm
facundo7777 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 am
geezereur wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am Its a fun build to play around with from time to time solo in the lakes.
I can get 940 toughness with lini and 850ish intelli,
toughness works decent with absorb tactic and I also get some life regen items on top of that.
do U suggest to build magus for pure dps first? i play mostly solo or with pugs thats why i was thinking about toughness spec
RoR.builders - Magus With Flamer always for fast dots. Take Quick Escape from renown and get staff that has pilfer proc or AP proc. Full Deft Defender/ Full Parry as well because this build is prekite+dots+Flamer and Close Quarters is super good for 1vx and all melee's espesially.

When enemy close use Snare and Warping blast if you want some space, when melee close use infernal blast and Aegis of Orange Fire.When killing/casting free WS/BT/CM/Pandemonium then BoC/MBF/RFF/SVV/IFoC. DIsarm When needed. 1 sec casts with CQ kills most fast. Magus is great solo class.
Amazing!! Thanks!!

As You reply for previous post i understand that those stats target is correct?

Ads
Nebuchadnezzar

Post#22 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:44 am

geezereur wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:44 am Its a fun build to play around with from time to time solo in the lakes.
I can get 940 toughness with lini and 850ish intelli,
toughness works decent with absorb tactic and I also get some life regen items on top of that.
What gear set are you using to get 940 toughness, and do you still have a reasonable wounds level? I've been looking at options for my next upgrade path but I've only been able to hit 700-750 toughness while maintaining the requisite(imo) 7k wounds, 900 int and getting a few regen items

@OP, I'm currently playing the build at low RR running 5 piece dominator, 4 piece beastlord and the T4 epic quest wounds staff. I'm hitting about 750 toughness and 900 int with that and can say it's pretty fun and viable. I'm running the Havoc CQ build here: RoR.builders - Magus. It's surprising how much damage you can do in melee range with BoC, MBF and FRF spam and most people don't expect it while still being tanky with the absorb shield + aegis. I'll be trying this when I hit RR70 and can get IFoC: RoR.builders - Magus . Low wounds and no regen are the two main issues with my gear at the moment but it's still pretty viable

MDPS are generally no problem(even RR80+ ones sometimes), and I can often win 2 v 1 against those of similar gear/RR if I get the opening I want. SWs/Engis aren't too bad either. The main problem is DPS AMs who are pretty much a hard counter and I don't even bother fighting, at least until I can get max deft defender and some regen items. Regen tanks are an issue but that's mainly because I don't have any yet. Also getting zerged but that's a problem for all solo roamers who aren't a WH/WE

Kazbar87

Post#23 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:52 pm

Tanski wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:45 pm It’s a little more than viable , it’s one of the best solo roam specs.

Edit: This

RoR.builders - Magus

If I wasnt playing order id be playing this shi for sure. Great 1v1 and 1vx potential.

Few years ago but heres some nice video evidence of build in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUyS8NJx2LU

What would be a good gear progression for this? as im still leveling up to be honest, im lvl 18 at the moment but what would i be aiming for?

thankyou

Voikaz

Zxul

Post#24 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:20 pm

While I played toughness Havok magus on live, here I actually played Changing toughness spec- something like this:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,8523,8522

The idea is to use the flamer for 35% faster ticking dots, meaning +35% dmg, on top of regular pet +20% dmg, and on top of extra dmg from scaling from points in Changing/Daemonology. SoI/Rend as filler.

Problem with toughness magus spec is that gear really doesn't supports it- from what I remember from last time checking it, even at 80 your best toughness combination is still annil with beastlord. Highest set with toughness bonus is invader, but it has barely any toughness mods on parts. Basically, you compete in gear which hadn't been upgraded in 5 years+, vs people in sov.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh