Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Are 2H chosen actually better?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wraithedge

[Chosen] Are 2H chosen actually better?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Does the damage difference between 1H and 2H really justify the loss of the shield and what it brings?

I get that the 2H crowd wants to pretend to be DPS, but lets forget their relation to real MDPS for a moment.

Is the idea that I will kill more, do more damage, pressure opponents more and provide more offensive contribution as a 2H chosen really valid by an appreciable margin?

Or is the difference so slight that you can get essentially the same performance from a 1H weapon with the added defensive bonus of the shield?

I see a lot of 2H chosen out there and I wonder if it is because they are actually better or if it is just some superstitious approach to a few more points of damage at the massive cost of defense, armor, block and disrupt.
Last edited by Wraithedge on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Alubert

Re: Are 2H chosen actually better?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:30 pm

10 sec cd on super punt. Its a big difference vs 20 sec cd.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

tazdingo

Re: Are 2H chosen actually better?

Post#3 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:36 pm

2h vs snb often isn't much to do with dmg but utility, many of the most useful abilities and tactics for small scale are 2h restricted. 2h also has 10% inherent strikethrough which helps with applying cc and debuffs. 2h tanks are often free to spec as off or def as they wish outside of that

ashton007

Re: [Chosen] Are 2H chosen actually better?

Post#4 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:22 pm

It’s not the best idea before having some gear, renown, some knowledge on positioning. But if you go 2h you’ll still get picked because the auras don’t change.

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#5 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:20 pm

Yeah you'll provide more offensive contribution with 2h. Shield is only good for defending places, not very useful in attacking. I'd say you can make picks between the 2 specs whenever you are defending and attacking. Even going 2 hand you still are very tanky, the only thing you will not have is block, but you make up with that with parry. You only sacrifice armor if you are doing half/vanq half beastlord setup for 2h, but an armor pot will help in that regard. otherwise sov 2h chosen is very nasty damage and defense wise.

regularspecial

Post#6 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm

2h chosen brings a very consistent and potent punt as well as 100% uptime on the -10% crit chance for your party

SnB has the same tactic but is unable to get the crit in order to maintain it. with oppressing blows and a fort/SC weapon, chosen can approach 40% chance to crit with just 2 ranks of RR crit and a lini.

it isn't flashy, but 2h can certainly bring something, and a free flawless armor tactic for your entire team isn't bad at all.

as 2h tank your job will be to assist your single target DPS and chosen does that by punting away guard and peeling dps with the same. you won't deal the damage of a BG or a chosen to the kill target, but you do debuff their stats just by standing there and you should be able to take care of their guard target easier than the other two tanks.

i think there is room for 2h chosen to become a tank that drains AP very often but we would need a slight buff to feed on the weary tactic. with AP drain aura, feed on the weary, and chop fasta you can spam out withering blow every 5 seconds for -40 AP as well as the -20 from aura.

Skullgrin

Post#7 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 pm

regularspecial wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm i think there is room for 2h chosen to become a tank that drains AP very often but we would need a slight buff to feed on the weary tactic. with AP drain aura, feed on the weary, and chop fasta you can spam out withering blow every 5 seconds for -40 AP as well as the -20 from aura.

Actually, Feed On The Weary doesn't need to be adjusted. What needs to be changed is the AP aura (along with all the other auras that are flat numbers/percentages). The numbers that they use should all be tied into the points that you have invested in each mastery tree - the same way that the strength, damage and toughness auras do.

The AP aura should start out at, say, 10-15 points drained initially and max out at 40 if you have all 15 points invested in the mastery tree. The same types of things should be worked out for all the other auras that aren't currently tied to the points spent on each mastery.

I never understood why Mythic designed the auras with some being tied to mastery and others not. It's an inconsistent design, and should be fixed. On Chosen and the Knight both.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

regularspecial

Post#8 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:04 am

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 pm
regularspecial wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm i think there is room for 2h chosen to become a tank that drains AP very often but we would need a slight buff to feed on the weary tactic. with AP drain aura, feed on the weary, and chop fasta you can spam out withering blow every 5 seconds for -40 AP as well as the -20 from aura.

Actually, Feed On The Weary doesn't need to be adjusted. What needs to be changed is the AP aura (along with all the other auras that are flat numbers/percentages). The numbers that they use should all be tied into the points that you have invested in each mastery tree - the same way that the strength, damage and toughness auras do.

The AP aura should start out at, say, 10-15 points drained initially and max out at 40 if you have all 15 points invested in the mastery tree. The same types of things should be worked out for all the other auras that aren't currently tied to the points spent on each mastery.

I never understood why Mythic designed the auras with some being tied to mastery and others not. It's an inconsistent design, and should be fixed. On Chosen and the Knight both.
a much more potent AP drain aura could get out of hand imo. i think feeding on the weary being looked at would do a lot for the spec. right now the 2h tree has no real role outside of the general chosen aura/punt.

not that those aren't great contributions, but a 2h BG is a very different animal than a SNB BG and the same is true of BO. however, if you didn't make use of the corruption tree as a 2h chosen, your group support ability is the same as a chosen with an SnB. we have great synergy with oppressing blows and corruptive power but that's all that sets 2h chosen apart from snb.

i wouldn't mind a dmg increase but i think the other two tanks are much better choices if someone wants a "damaging" tank.

idk what i would even change outside of just outright giving us an AP draining niche. corruptive power is a fantastic tactic and splashing corruption tree gives you a very nice single target stun so even if it were moved to the 2h tree, we'd still want to go up corruption for downfall.

Ads