Recent Topics

Ads

Y’all need to buff 2H chosen

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
brutallica

Re: Y’all need to buff 2H chosen

Post#71 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:03 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:29 am
brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Im requesting for chosen to have a choice in way of being played (whithout being a freakin tank). If that is confuseing, them i dont know what to tell you man.
No matter what weapon you wear, you are still a tank. Your job is still the same, which a small shift in focus.
When you want to play a DPS class, just with visually fat armor and a huge sword, then no, this isn't happening.
Hahaha, yeeees yes yes yes, tank tank tank tank tank, fat armor and big body = TANK and skinny dps only tank tank TAAAAAANK not dps, taaaaank :lol:. I fully aware what you are trying to keep enforcing here, still dosent makes it less limiting and uninteresting to a lot of people including those who like the lore and fantasy universe.

Now i will leave you guys to it. And good luck to you Chosen players trying to improve the class and make changes, you are gonna need it... alot.

Ads
DaWolf

Post#72 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:21 am

From what I read from previous posts, and about the requests and suggestions. No one is asking to be a DPS (or at least seriously). No what is asked as a TANK 2h, is to be more useful to the group.
So turn that into : "Yeah the Chosen 2H want to be DPS"... it's a bit reductive and tends to circumvent the problem.

But go on...

agemennon675

Post#73 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 am

I am not writing this comment to say 2h chosen or any 2h tank needs a dmg output increase but isnt it better to give players the option to have an offensive build when they sacrifice some of their defence ? If a player is using full str/ws talismans or offensive gear on their 2h tanks instead of armour/wounds/toughness builds shouldnt they get a bit more dmg output ? Right now there is very little difference on dmg output between a full def 2h tank vs full offensive build 2h tank and most of them are only brought to warbands and general group content for the utility they bring never damage.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

TreefAM

Post#74 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:57 am

Vegetaplays wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:32 pm
TreefAM wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:24 pm
Vegetaplays wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 pm As a chosen player, I don't think chosen quite needs a buff. I think it just needs a better M2/3. another damaging morale would be nice or a better group buff morale. Chosen just needs a bit more utility for the group. The state of chosen as of now is great. In 2h terms we are the 2nd/3rd Best damage 2h tank, Utility is fine and gets by, and our defenses are some of the best.
What do you mean, it has bellow as m2, the strongest morale in the game.
Not talking about bellow, Talking about Tzeentchs Amplification, its a completly useless morale that nobody would use. I think it needs to be swapped with something like a damaging morale or a group buff morale.
Nobody would us ANY other m2 as long as Bellow remains a m2 there's literally no point and people who think otherwise are just useless guardbots.

TenTonHammer

Post#75 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Im requesting for chosen to have a choice in way of being played (whithout being a freakin tank). If that is confuseing, them i dont know what to tell you man.
No matter what weapon you wear, you are still a tank. Your job is still the same, which a small shift in focus.
When you want to play a DPS class, just with visually fat armor and a huge sword, then no, this isn't happening.

I like how literally every one here espically the devs ham fist forcing this outdated mentality (that literally every mmo dosnt follow and even WAR never adhered to), that just seem utterly incapable of accepting that tanks should have varied off spec playstyles

So they kill those builds like how they killed brawler SnB BO by removing THC to 2H only, and how they removed the entire purpose of the 2H tree in orvr play while happily letting 2H BG keep theirs

It's some how ok for healers to have off specs that they can run to keep things interesting but the idea of 2h chosen is met with dismissive comments like "you'll never be a real DPS, your not allowed to dmg, so be an obedient guard bot"

Sulorie

Post#76 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:27 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:10 pm

I like how literally every one here espically the devs ham fist forcing this outdated mentality (that literally every mmo dosnt follow and even WAR never adhered to), that just seem utterly incapable of accepting that tanks should have varied off spec playstyles

So they kill those builds like how they killed brawler SnB BO by removing THC to 2H only, and how they removed the entire purpose of the 2H tree in orvr play while happily letting 2H BG keep theirs

It's some how ok for healers to have off specs that they can run to keep things interesting but the idea of 2h chosen is met with dismissive comments like "you'll never be a real DPS, your not allowed to dmg, so be an obedient guard bot"
That's apples and oranges. 2h chosen has still auras and most tools and their job is still to guard in a group, while DPS healers forcefully commit to DPS side and heal basically nothing.
Dying is no option.

regularspecial

Post#77 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:54 pm

i do think 2h chosen needs more of an identity, but so does 2h knight. the only thing we have going for us is a useful 2h tree and we can at least fit in daemonclaw. however knight has a useful "magic" tree with the grp healing and an actual useful tactic w runefang.

however much of the 2h is just fluff. there is nothing to help a team but damaging abilities, and the chosen doesn't do enough damage for this to be all the mastery tree offers. rending blade does nothing but damage, oppressing blows offers nothing but extra damage and our channel is just damage as well ofc.

we have AP draining tactic/aura but feeding on the weary tactic is very hard to justify. assuming you are using the other 2 tactics in the tree, that leaves you one slot since you must slot punt tactic as 2h. you can run feeding on the weary, but you could also just get corruptive power for free -10% crit for your entire team or if you care about the damage the 2h tree can do, chaotic advantage or power from the gods to spam out abilities with infinite AP

magic tree is also just flat out useless. quake is only useful for catching fleeing people to punt, otherwise the AoE KD from mara is much much much more useful in any sized rvr setting and should always be used instead so not to give out a free immunity.

i think if feeding on weary lowered cooldown on withering blow and perhaps increased dmg/applied a choking fury style debuff of increasing AP costs the tree would be nice and make it a lot more attractive to slot

diegomess

Post#78 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:09 pm

regularspecial wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:54 pm i do think 2h chosen needs more of an identity, but so does 2h knight. the only thing we have going for us is a useful 2h tree and we can at least fit in daemonclaw. however knight has a useful "magic" tree with the grp healing and an actual useful tactic w runefang.

however much of the 2h is just fluff. there is nothing to help a team but damaging abilities, and the chosen doesn't do enough damage for this to be all the mastery tree offers. rending blade does nothing but damage, oppressing blows offers nothing but extra damage and our channel is just damage as well ofc.

we have AP draining tactic/aura but feeding on the weary tactic is very hard to justify. assuming you are using the other 2 tactics in the tree, that leaves you one slot since you must slot punt tactic as 2h. you can run feeding on the weary, but you could also just get corruptive power for free -10% crit for your entire team or if you care about the damage the 2h tree can do, chaotic advantage or power from the gods to spam out abilities with infinite AP

magic tree is also just flat out useless. quake is only useful for catching fleeing people to punt, otherwise the AoE KD from mara is much much much more useful in any sized rvr setting and should always be used instead so not to give out a free immunity.

i think if feeding on weary lowered cooldown on withering blow and perhaps increased dmg/applied a choking fury style debuff of increasing AP costs the tree would be nice and make it a lot more attractive to slot
I dissagree that knight doesnt have a 2h identity, their health tactic and easy aoe arch swing wound debuff+crit reduc pen tactic that a whole WB can benefict off makes him a very solid group 2h and of course they will all slot and do the predictable stun+punt and they dont have to be worried about free choppa immunities. What they lack is dmg and they will never go solo because of this... i agree they could use some damage but they should loose that amazing utility then.

Chosen has "decent" dmg for a 2h, amazing soloer but doesnt bring anything interesting as a 2h just the punt, is not as easy to use like knight because we have to spec for crit and use a tactic just for corruptive power to work in an anti crit meta. I mean knight already has this tactic as a snb they just have to block and thats easy for them cuz they ALL go deftard.

I would advice that chosen would benefict from corruptive Power tactic as well and change it to path of the dread tree so that any 2h chosen could use it... or maybe change rending blade into something else with increased cd and not just dmg i mean is the most expensive skill for chosen and is just flat damage.... reduced cd on feed on weary sounds nice as well so ppl can actually slot the tactic..... or the most fun solution: give knight and chosen elemental and spirit all dmg tactic with like 25% damage reduction... dunno some change would be nice!!
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Ads
penagos22

Post#79 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:52 pm

I think this also goes here

To resolve this discussion you have to go to the first versions of the game:

kn conquest vs dread chosen

kn conquest:
https://web.archive.org/web/20081205050 ... aspx?id=10
it was built giving priority to parry, according to runefang's procs good damage would be done, be hard and could be used
smashing counter, more gear and RR the kn would hit harder, be harder to kill and could stun more. but it also provided utility to meele dps (crit debuff, wouds debuff,
aoe snare and defense chance debuff).

conclusions

1. Damage and tankiness were good if the conquest kn managed to generate agroo (aoe snare) on meele dps to trigger runefang procs.
2. good utility.
3. stack parry to use smashing counter.
4. allowed a softer build but more focused on damage.

His function was to do damage but also to offer utility basically "A Mastery path focused on destroying your enemies" maybe you will not be the one to destroy them but they will be destroyed.

dread chosen:
https://web.archive.org/web/20081207030 ... aspx?id=13
thanks to his enormous damage (much more than the kn's thanks to the critical build) he was able to destroy a single target and also we must remember that his damage was sustained over time.
less tankiness because he needed to stack more offensive stats but it was easier to stack defensive stats (with less rr invested) which gave him some balance but was intended to
do a lot of damage to a single target.

conclusions

1. Sustained damage to a single target. (much much damage)
2. The target you are being pressed for can basically do nothing.
3. should stack str and crit.
4. He did not offer as much utility to the group but he compensated that with a lot of damage.

His function was to cancel a dps and remove it from the game, basically the objective was to make the poor soul that was being targeted feel dread ... "A Mastery path focused on offense".

Myrmidia's fury and relentless:

MF: it did damage when runefag was up, since (I think it worked like this) MF had a damage that scales with str, so it did not deal a damage per hit but a base damage
in 3 seconds.
relentless: it did much more damage than MF for the critical build and str and also because relentless did damage per hit, this ability hit 5 times and each hit had
possibility of being critical and trigger crippling strikes.

which was better? They cannot be compared because they had different functions. sometimes it's better for everyone to hit hard, sometimes it's better not to let the best enemy dps play.

The problem currently is that although in theory the kn conquest and the chosen dread do the same as before it feels bad, it feels wrong
and this can be due to several factors:

1. people who do not understand that they are not equal.
2. the devs who listen to these people.
3. the devs trying to balance them by making them the same.
4. Remove tactics and change skills without understanding what the class is doing. This causes that when you play you feel that something is missing.

What would I do, wipe everything and change numbers only.

finally the most important thing and hopefully this is read by the devs:

The tanks must generate agroo because if they do not, people ignore them, in a game like this that is player vs player, the tank must have some damage
so that they are not ignored (I find myself many times in the situation where a healer is being hit by an enemy tank and my allies ignore it and so do I
because we all know that he will not kill the healer).

diegomess

Post#80 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:48 pm

Agree numbers should be tweaked instead of removing tactics and abilities for 2h, now we have one that hits for nothing but has great grp utility and other that does some dmg but doesnt bring anything peculiar for utility
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80