Recent Topics

Ads

Y’all need to buff 2H chosen

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ashton007

Re: Y’all need to buff 2H chosen

Post#61 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:56 pm

You can cry about the damage but realistically chosen is still the best 2h tank possible on destro.

Ads
brutallica

Post#62 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 pm

Dreack wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 am
brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:35 am Yep, as i figured after all these years, and reboot. Twohander chosen of Khorne is nothing but a mere pipe dream, been like that since 2008. This game is fundamentally flawed by aincient pidgeonholed vision of "big guy = protect, not kill". And seems the a good portion of the playerbase is still pretty brainwashed about it.

This will also be the reason i will not return this game, world is most awsome thing ever, but my favorite/only favorite class is hot garbage ball and chain.
Snif snif. 13 years later, you still cry for it. It's so sad. Can we have a 2H spec for this poor guy ?
Snif snif, thats the sound of Dreack smelling his own farts. 13 years later, you still bitch about improving this game.

Grock

Post#63 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:26 pm

Ah yes, can't wait to see everywhere again the unkillable raidboss Chosen with unbeatable defences and dps-level damage at the same time. Such skill, very balance.

brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:35 amThis game is fundamentally flawed by aincient pidgeonholed vision of "big guy = protect, not kill"
I'm just curious, if you want tanks do damage and kill, what do you imagine would be the role of actual damage dealer classes then?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

brutallica

Post#64 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:26 pm Ah yes, can't wait to see everywhere again the unkillable raidboss Chosen with unbeatable defences and dps-level damage at the same time. Such skill, very balance.

brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:35 amThis game is fundamentally flawed by aincient pidgeonholed vision of "big guy = protect, not kill"
I'm just curious, if you want tanks do damage and kill, what do you imagine would be the role of actual damage dealer classes then?
I want trade-offs and difference in build style without makeing Chosen the unstoppable + unmovable force.

Focussed offence could easely pave the way for an easy fix if it were revamped/buffed for twohanders.

Tactics and talents limited to a twohander only and vice versa for shield. Its not exactly rocket science. In the lore/tabletop all chosen arent only limited to being protectors who just holds a line.

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#65 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 pm

As a chosen player, I don't think chosen quite needs a buff. I think it just needs a better M2/3. another damaging morale would be nice or a better group buff morale. Chosen just needs a bit more utility for the group. The state of chosen as of now is great. In 2h terms we are the 2nd/3rd Best damage 2h tank, Utility is fine and gets by, and our defenses are some of the best.

TreefAM

Post#66 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Vegetaplays wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 pm As a chosen player, I don't think chosen quite needs a buff. I think it just needs a better M2/3. another damaging morale would be nice or a better group buff morale. Chosen just needs a bit more utility for the group. The state of chosen as of now is great. In 2h terms we are the 2nd/3rd Best damage 2h tank, Utility is fine and gets by, and our defenses are some of the best.
What do you mean, it has bellow as m2, the strongest morale in the game.

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#67 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:32 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:24 pm
Vegetaplays wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 pm As a chosen player, I don't think chosen quite needs a buff. I think it just needs a better M2/3. another damaging morale would be nice or a better group buff morale. Chosen just needs a bit more utility for the group. The state of chosen as of now is great. In 2h terms we are the 2nd/3rd Best damage 2h tank, Utility is fine and gets by, and our defenses are some of the best.
What do you mean, it has bellow as m2, the strongest morale in the game.
Not talking about bellow, Talking about Tzeentchs Amplification, its a completly useless morale that nobody would use. I think it needs to be swapped with something like a damaging morale or a group buff morale.

Grock

Post#68 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 pm

brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:57 pm
Grock wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:26 pm Ah yes, can't wait to see everywhere again the unkillable raidboss Chosen with unbeatable defences and dps-level damage at the same time. Such skill, very balance.

I want trade-offs and difference in build style without makeing Chosen the unstoppable + unmovable force.

Focussed offence could easely pave the way for an easy fix if it were revamped/buffed for twohanders.

Tactics and talents limited to a twohander only and vice versa for shield. Its not exactly rocket science. In the lore/tabletop all chosen arent only limited to being protectors who just holds a line.
I'm confused now.
You got spirit damage type, Oppressing Blows crit tactic that is better than any DPS class equivalent, a solid damage channel and two undefendable attacks, do you really want more damage than that as a tank? You already have some tools that most DPS dont have.
On top of that armor values have been pushed so high up with Sov gear that slotting Focused Offence isn't really that big of a deal now.

If you mean group play as 2h then its already the standard option outside of WB play because 2h gives you more damage and Hastened Dismissal for more punts.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
brutallica

Post#69 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 pm
brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:57 pm

I'm confused now.
You got spirit damage type, Oppressing Blows crit tactic that is better than any DPS class equivalent, a solid damage channel and two undefendable attacks, do you really want more damage than that as a tank? You already have some tools that most DPS dont have.
On top of that armor values have been pushed so high up with Sov gear that slotting Focused Offence isn't really that big of a deal now.

If you mean group play as 2h then its already the standard option outside of WB play because 2h gives you more damage and Hastened Dismissal for more punts.
Im requesting for chosen to have a choice in way of being played (whithout being a freakin tank). If that is confuseing, them i dont know what to tell you man.

Sulorie

Post#70 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:29 am

brutallica wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Im requesting for chosen to have a choice in way of being played (whithout being a freakin tank). If that is confuseing, them i dont know what to tell you man.
No matter what weapon you wear, you are still a tank. Your job is still the same, which a small shift in focus.
When you want to play a DPS class, just with visually fat armor and a huge sword, then no, this isn't happening.
Dying is no option.