Magus End Game Gear advice please!

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kousei

Magus End Game Gear advice please!

Post#1 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:06 am

Hello :D ,

I am at the point now where I can start wearing Sovereign gear (RR76). I was told that I should be mixing other gear sets with the Sov gear. I think I am going to go the full DPS set; as I can then switch between ST and AOE, as I feel like. I was wondering which gear pieces I should be betting from each set if I am mixing them. I have spent some time looking though the forms and online, but I can not seem to find this information.

Thank you for any help on this matter.

Ads
paperclipdog

Re: Magus End Game Gear advice please!

Post#2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:47 am

1. For AOE you want 7/8 Main Sov and 2 Sentinel pieces.

Set: Sentinel Helmet and Sentinel Accessorie, rest main Sov.

Accessories: Main Sov, Sentinel, Genesis Aspect & Remnant. You can switch Remnant to the Exquisite Gunbat Jet if you have it.

Weapon: I run with the Nihilist's Ninestaff of Anathema over Bloodlord because of the 6 AP regen, if you're not running Lasting Chaos you will be AP starved without it even with Chosen and Zealot both running AP regen. I played city regularly before the massive consecutive pet-surviveability buffs and am thus not sure if Lasting Chaos (low range, pet used to be permadead if you had it that close in city) is now viable and better than talents which directly boost your damage.

2. For single target (in groups, not solo!) I am currently testing the Sov 7-piece bonus as I just got it a few days ago. If it doesn't proc often enough I will continue to run 5 Sov, 2 Sentinel, 2 Vanq.

Set: Sentinel Helm & Accessorie; Main Sov Shoulders, Cloak, Chest, Gloves, Accessorie; Vanq Belt & Boots.

Accessories: Main Sov, Sentinel, Genesis Aspect & Remnant. You can switch Remnant to the Exquisite Gunbat Jet if you have it.

Weapon: Hands down the Nihilist's Ninestaff of Anathema. Bloodlord only for Sniping.

Solo requires a completely different setup unless you're Sniping / Bombing safely in Fort/Keep / Following a WB and leeching renown (xD)

Edit: I want to add that with the new Victorious Accessorie addition it might be the play to go with that + the Victorious Belt over the Sentinel Helmet & Accessorie for AOE.
You trade 2% crit for 3% Disrupt strikethrough and 28 Magic Power, which seems like a worthwhile trade to me.

For single target you could then run Sov Helmet, Shoulders, Cloak, Gloves, Accessorie; Victorious Belt & Accessorie; Vanq Boots & Chest. Trading 2% Crit & 8 Magic power for 3 Disrupt strikethrough and 2 AP/Sec.

Kousei

Post#3 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:32 am

Hello,

Thank you VERY much! This is amazing and exactly what I was hoping for :D . Do you find this is a common approach for a lot of end game Magus players or ? I am surprised by the Sentinel gear, I thought it would be warlord mixing with it.

Thank you again!

paperclipdog

Post#4 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:07 am

I believe these gear-combinations are by far the most common ones you will find for group play. Some Magi may disagree on the weapon choice though or are too lazy to farm Nihilist's Ninestaff of Anathema.

Warlord has significantly worse Set-Boni than Sov for both AOE and single-target. Furthermore the warlord pieces you could take instead of Vanq for single-target have worse stats for damage (36 Magic Power + 2% Crit vs 4% increased Chance to Disrupt... lol). In my opinion warlord has value only for tanky Solo Regen builds.

You go for Sentinel because of the Sentinel Accessorie allowing you to get another 2piece Bonus. With Sentinel you can get 9 Equipment Pieces to combine Boni with instead of 8 without. (Not counting Genesis)

It is also possible that some new combination will emerge to work best for single-target in Ranked. I have no experience in Ranked and don't know if for example you would need to gear for more Surviveability there.

Kousei

Post#5 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:51 am

Hello,

I just want to be sure, by Main Sov set you mean the Daemonlord one; The one with the +6% Crit Chance.

paperclipdog

Post#6 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:45 am

Yea the one with 6% Crit chance set bonus.

valadorn5

Post#7 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 am

I found this topic very interesting as I am too in the pre- sov situation. There has been no counter opinion here so I believe what is said by you @paperclipdog is widely acclaimed.

I have some questions though:

1) I suppose with all these builds, the talis used are +24 Int for all equipment + Wounds in the 2nd wep slot. Please confirm.

2) Where do you spend renown with each build? This is actually a very important question regarding stats and it is much gear depended.

3) Regarding the warlord set bonuses: you can allocate the crit bonuses needed at renown bonuses as they cost the same with the set bonuses from sovereign. So I suppose the real reason to go for sov is that the set has higher stats in general. I say this because the +2 Havoc tree in an aoe dps mage does not let you get rift alongside mist, which is kinda meh.

paperclipdog

Post#8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:28 am

valadorn5 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 am I found this topic very interesting as I am too in the pre- sov situation. There has been no counter opinion here so I believe what is said by you @paperclipdog is widely acclaimed.

I have some questions though:

1) I suppose with all these builds, the talis used are +24 Int for all equipment + Wounds in the 2nd wep slot. Please confirm.

2) Where do you spend renown with each build? This is actually a very important question regarding stats and it is much gear depended.

3) Regarding the warlord set bonuses: you can allocate the crit bonuses needed at renown bonuses as they cost the same with the set bonuses from sovereign. So I suppose the real reason to go for sov is that the set has higher stats in general. I say this because the +2 Havoc tree in an aoe dps mage does not let you get rift alongside mist, which is kinda meh.
Late reply because I don't browse forums that frequently, hopefully this is still useful to you or someone else.

1) You get Int Cap and (IMO) at least 8k wounds.

2) Full Magic Crit renown. 2-3 Futile Strikes. Rest can go int or whatever you like. Crit and FS2 is imo. mandatory for offensive Magi, rest really depends on the content you're doing.
Magus generally can stay farther away than other bombing rDPS like Sorc, but space in City is limited and Lion+aSW will get to you eventually. You don't want to die to every swap.

3) Main SOV 7piece in conjunction with the other boni is a huge dmg increase with extremely high uptime. You're brought to city for your damage, not to spread punt immunity. For pure oRvR bomb WB magus it might be debateable. I say let the Choppas do it :D

If you're running AoE with 7sov you want to take the Disrupt strikethrough Tali in your sentinel jewel. Focusing healers is meta and they have annoying disrupt rates.
With warlord you'd get it from the 4piece but then you can only put 4 crit into the jewel... meh.

Ads
ravezaar

Post#9 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 am

Iam aiming for 5pcs Deamonfed Sov and 3pcs Warlord (the pcs with regen) some Fleshrender + New pocket item and around 600 Toughness still with capped INT and decent crit.

I like the dmg and the fact I can survive WL and WH jumping me
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

paperclipdog

Post#10 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:16 am

ravezaar wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 am Iam aiming for 5pcs Deamonfed Sov and 3pcs Warlord (the pcs with regen) some Fleshrender + New pocket item and around 600 Toughness still with capped INT and decent crit.

I like the dmg and the fact I can survive WL and WH jumping me
Solo is different from grp play. For solo I run Regen aswell but if you have guard and healers it's a waste.