Magus in City

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Snowhawk

Magus in City

Post#1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

Hello everybody

OpenRVR and Scenarios works pretty well with my Magus.

But I'm not getting anywhere with City.
I use Mist & Firestorm... i think this is not so good for City right?
in citys i'm just zerged away.

What is a good skilltree or City & what tactics? what do you recommend?

Kind Regards
Snow

Ads
Asherdoom

Re: Magus in City

Post#2 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:50 am

for my poor experience i read magus is utterly discarded in city.

In my guild we bring 2 with the following spec:my buddy spec

I play sorc and sometimes choppa/magus so when the leader calls it he rift+FT under guard and all aoe bomb in the area.
I repeat, this is not optimal spec, we just bring the magus because we are a guild taht knows each other mostly also in real life so we play totally for fun. Main damage source comes from melee choppas and aoe specced maras bt i repeat we are a special case. I think magus like engi is simply downperforming in city

Stophy22

Post#3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:38 pm

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5092,5121

Try out lash spec in city, Magus mist and firestorm is good but there are other alternatives you can try to see if they're more according to your playstyle. Magus and Engi are strong in all aspects of the game they just need very skilled players to make them work.

Well maybe not all aspects ;)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Edenwolf

Post#4 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Firestorm(your highest burst aoe skill) is quite good, mist is decent although it can be situational(an effective layer of damage once you get the hang of it). With magus, it's all about keeping your layers of damage up. Set your glean magic and pandamoneum up on blobs, then use agonizing torrent, infernal blast and then firestorm(use rolling winds moral before firestorm when moral drop bomb is called), spam demonic lash when firestorm is on cooldown. You can even cancel firestorm immediately after the first tick with demonic lash to finish off low health targets. Keeping this rotation up is key.

Ideal tactic setup is Intelligence, changing crit, 15% damage while in 45 feet and the chance to restore ap tactic. The ap pet tactic is near useless as the range is quite short, your pet will die quickly if it's anywhere near the blob. As for your placement in the fight, you will be kiting just outside the range of the blob to get use out of your 15% damage tactic. Use the flamer pet, get your bonuses pre fight and then set it at a distance, you will keep your bonuses at quite a distance away from it and also have the ability to use your aoe skills on the move.

Ideal gear setup for city is at least full vanquisher and the bloodlord staff/spirit of djin/45 rr sc weapon. Best of luck.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM