[magus] seeking advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

[magus] seeking advice

Post#1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 am

Stat wise, what you recommend for:

-Stats and where to spend renown to prioritize for this spec: Miststorm Magus

- Stats and where to spend renown to prioritize for this spec:Riftstorm magus

Ads
Shanell

Re: [magus] seeking advice

Post#2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:38 am

I'd say willpower so your control of daemons wouldn't slip away. Next stat is initiative - just to to slip off that disc youself.
Being magus is hard.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:27 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 am Stat wise, what you recommend for:

900-1050 intel (going over soft cap will just make tanks melt faster, kinda wasted stat points that could be invested into disrupt or ini - tested 1100+ int build)
30-40% magic crit (with liniment)
500+ toughness (the more the better)
300-350 initiative
III-IV dodge&disrupt
6k+ wounds
660 armour pot
Anathema staff

Also, you're really missing out on tactics from changing tree to have truly effective long range aoe cannon - aegis of orange fire is good for solo roaming, not group play...

-
-

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 am - Stats and where to spend renown to prioritize for this spec:Riftstorm magus

I kinda fail to see what you try to achieve with this build - it's neither close range nor mid range, rift for utility since you don't spec for CQ playstyle but let's assume it's supposed to be classic rifter CQ build:

900 int
30% crit
IV dodge&disrupt
500+ toughness
400+ initiative
7k wounds
660 armour pot
Bloodlord /Anathema staff
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:48 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:27 pm

900-1050 intel (going over soft cap will just make tanks melt faster, kinda wasted stat points that could be invested into disrupt or ini - tested 1100+ int build)
300-350 initiative
III-IV dodge&disrupt
6k+ wounds
660 armour pot
Anathema staff

Also, you're really missing out on tactics from changing tree to have truly effective long range aoe cannon - aegis of orange fire is good for solo roaming, not group play...

-
-

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 am - Stats and where to spend renown to prioritize for this spec:Riftstorm magus

I kinda fail to see what you try to achieve with this build - it's neither close range nor mid range, rift for utility since you don't spec for CQ playstyle but let's assume it's supposed to be classic rifter CQ build:

900 int
30% crit
IV dodge&disrupt
500+ toughness
400+ initiative
7k wounds
660 armour pot
personally i like more the miststorm magus (rift i play in case of future cities if i get in and leader ask me to go rift for whatever reasons) thanks a lot. so for the first part you recomend scenario or RVR gear? for miststorm magus. I see 350 ini are quite good no? and thoughenss? you get talis for it?

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:04 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:48 pm
Spoiler:
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:27 pm

300-350 initiative
III-IV dodge&disrupt
6k+ wounds
660 armour pot
Anathema staff

-
-

900 int
30% crit
IV dodge&disrupt
500+ toughness
400+ initiative
7k wounds
660 armour pot
personally i like more the miststorm magus (rift i play in case of future cities if i get in and leader ask me to go rift for whatever reasons) thanks a lot. so for the first part you recomend scenario or RVR gear? for miststorm magus. I see 350 ini are quite good no? and thoughenss? you get talis for it?

For Miststorm (AOE cannon in my book ;) ) I usually go for full conq (bonus debuff and crit increase) + full genesis + anathema, then switch to vanq/inv and full invader.

3 x +24 tough talis, rest intel, renown into crit 1st (need to compensate for mist crit nerf), dodge&disrupt 2nd, tough 3rd and pour any remaining points into initiative. Anathema staff is a must for this build (magic crit + magic power).

Initiative will help you with crit checks and will improve your avoidance, the more toughness you have the closer you can move in with the enemy (350tough is assuming you run +changing range tactic, 500 tough will let you camp on sc BOs). Endless pandemonium tactic will help you with AP management (and it mass-applies so you have your 1button wunderplague to tune up aoe spikes to).

For full effect pair up with chosen and marauder ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

Asherdoom

Post#6 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:12 pm

many thanks buddy!

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:12 pm many thanks buddy!

Your welcome, good hunting :)